Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship S81 Omicron Shuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Santhe

Majority Share Holder, Santhe Corporation
S81 Omicron Shuttle

star_wars_cygnus_spaceworks_personal_shuttle_by_adamkop-d9p9kw9.jpg

Image Source: [x]
Affiliation: Open Market
Manufacturer: Sienar Fleet Systems
Model: S81 Omicron Shuttle
Modularity: yes
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Quadanium steel alloy
Classification: Shuttle

Length: 18.5 Meters
Height: 17.5 meters
Width: 29 Meters

Armament:
2 Forward Laser Cannons
1 Aft Laser Cannon
Squadron Count: 6

Special Features:
Communications Array
Encryption Network
Life Support
Light Deflector Shield Generator
Standard Life Support Systems
Standard Navigational Systems
Standard Sensor Array
Standard Targeting Systems

Maneuverability Rating: 3 (Boosted: 4)
Speed Rating: 4 (Boosted 2)
Hyperdrive Class: Class-1 Backup: Class-15

Strengths:
*Fast
*Amphibious
Weaknesses:
*Lightly armed
*Light shields

Description: The S81 Omicron shuttle is a vessel designed by Sienar Fleet Systems originally as a prototype chassis from the S90 MAAT. Sasha Santhe herself oversaw construction of the vessel using her experience from the Santhe Challenger, Sports Edition on the vessel itself to help in the creation of the craft. The vessel itself is a fast and sleek sharing its profile elements with that of the S90 and ancient Lambda class shuttles.

Designed as speed and for insertion operations the vessel is capable of flight in two modes. One is a fast mode with low maneuverability allowing the craft to speed to target, away from an extraction or pursuit. The second flight mode is built for maneuverability. The craft moves slower but funnels power to its maneuvering jets allowing it to act as a full VTOL being able to strafe from side to side to support troops in the field of maneuver in difficult terrain.

Another unique and even bizarre feature was the ability for the vessel to land in water. This harkens back to the original intent of the craft which had long been abandoned. Originally the vessel was designed as a sort of personal transport or yatch, a cheap alternative to Santhe’s luxury lines and as such required the ability to deploy Wave Skimmers directly into the water for sport and adventure fun. Although the craft is no longer marketed around that premise the ability to land and float in bodies of water remain.

The vessel is capable of carrying eighteen passengers and fifty tons of cargo and may be configured to carry a variety of internal systems. Because of it’s versatility of movement the craft is optimal for more than just a personal shuttle as it was designed. It is marketed as search and rescue craft capable of having its internal space easily modified for medical purposes and is ideal in both inserting and extracting small units of soldiers, or groups of crash survivors from hostile zones with speed and efficiency.

Development Thread:
Intent: Make a neat shuttle thingie
Who Can Use This: Whomever purchases it from Santhe, or generates contracts.
Primary Source: [x]

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Sasha Santhe"], from a conceptual standpoint, this looks pretty good to me.

For the speed and maneuverability ratings, could you list the base speed and maneuverability for the Omicron without them modified by the redirection system?

[member="Sasha Santhe"], it is. Typically having a higher than normal performance engines in either speed or maneuverability has counted as a special feature (for one example of this, see the discussion in this). There are also certain advanced systems such as Mandal Hypernautics [url=http://starwarsrp.net/topic/30369-mh-pu04-overdrive-engines/]Overdrive Engines and Maneuvering thrusters which provide some basis for the features that you've described the ship as having. This reinforces the nature that this concept is doable, but it will require some work.

As it currently described, I see the Omicron as having two special or advanced features right now, which gives us three options.

1) Keep speed and maneuverability as is, and reduce production to minor
2) Keep speed and maneuverability as is with mass production, but do a 10 post development thread
3) Keep either speed or maneuverability as is, and keep mass production with no development thread

Sasha Santhe

[member="Gir Quee"]

Yeah I sort of based it off the canon SLAM system. I almost just used SLAM but given some of the information out there and the fact that we use like speed ratings instead of speed it leaves a lot to the imagination. Like SLAM in the book I read it in increases speed by 20% and its hard to quantify that in our system.

So if I went to option 3 what would maneuverability have to go to? Like I want to keep the speed and drop maneuverability would I go to 3? Because I've seen 3/3 shuttles before which is why I figured 2.5 wouldn't be a big deal to reach if I axed maneuverability during boosting.

Also I'm not just asking for this submission. I want to go back and redo the S90's entry at some point and get it up to modernist standards (since I have to fix the broken image link anyways) and add some balance with this same boost system I apply here.

Hmmm Basically I'm trying to make black hawks, hueys, chinooks, and little birds. As they go faster their maneuverability decreases and such but when they go slower they can be very agile. Given what I'm trying to do what do you suggest? I mean I'm willing to do a Dev thread(s) but do you think its inline with the concept or do you think the concept is fine and unbroken to just axe maneuverability?

Sasha Santhe said:
So if I went to option 3 what would maneuverability have to go to? Like I want to keep the speed and drop maneuverability would I go to 3? Because I've seen 3/3 shuttles before which is why I figured 2.5 wouldn't be a big deal to reach if I axed maneuverability during boosting.
If you went with option three, I'd be okay with Speed 2 and Maneuverability 3, or vice versa.

Yeah I sort of based it off the canon SLAM system. I almost just used SLAM but given some of the information out there and the fact that we use like speed ratings instead of speed it leaves a lot to the imagination. Like SLAM in the book I read it in increases speed by 20% and its hard to quantify that in our system.

Also I'm not just asking for this submission. I want to go back and redo the S90's entry at some point and get it up to modernist standards (since I have to fix the broken image link anyways) and add some balance with this same boost system I apply here.
I am very much a fan of using canon technology. In the old X-wing series of video games (and perhaps I'm showing my age with this reference), the SLAM system was capable of doubling the speed of a missile boat temporarily. While there will likely be some variance among factory judges, for the average small craft, I personally wouldn't have an issue with such a system doubling a ship's speed with an appropriate maneuvering penalty. But that's me personally.

If you want that to use such a device with consistency among several of your subs, I'd recommend making it a SFS version of it as a factory tech submission. If you're interested in pursuing that avenue, there is a bit more information on the Missile Boat's SLAM system here. While not a definitive source, this information is based on actual gameplay stats.

Sasha Santhe

[member="Gir Quee"]

Aight edited the speed and maneuverability. I think I'll take your advice and make a SLAM system for future projects related. But for now I'd rather just... you know get this done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom