Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech S7-Straight shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makayla Shaw

M
tiny-bee-gun-yuna-ffx2.png

Intent:[background=#080808] A pistol used by the Republic Army. [/background]
Development Thread:[background=#080808] no[/background]
Hero Unit:[background=#080808] [/background][background=#080808]no[/background]
Manufacturer:[background=#080808] Republic [/background]
Model:[background=#080808] S7-Straight shot [/background]
Affiliation:[background=#080808] [/background][background=#080808]Republic Army[/background]
Modularity:[background=#080808] yes[/background]
Production:[background=#080808] Mass-Produced [/background]
Material: Durasteel
Description:[background=#080808] the S7-Straight shot is a marksmen pistol used by the Republic army. The blasters are known to have a light Trigger pull giving the user a faster reaction time to pull the trigger. Although it has a faster reaction time If to many shots are fired through it the barrel has a chance to melt down and lower accuracy of the shots up to not allowing enough clearance to fire the blaster. [/background]
Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld
Length: 65cm
Weight: 2.5Kg
Ammunition Type: Power cell
Ammunition Capacity: 15
Range: 100 meters O[background=#080808]ptimal range and 2[/background]50 meters Maximum range

Illeagal military?Makes no sense. Also don't do so much colors in your tech entry because I can't read anything and I'm 95% mobile so yeah. Im also questioning the need for a marksman pistol...

I think the "illegal" means it's strictly military and illegal for civilian ownership.

And, a question for clarification: is the listed range the maximum range or the optimal range?

Makayla Shaw

M
Asemir Lor'kora said:
I question the need for a marksman pistol,
I asked someone from the Republic If i should make these pistols a Faction weapon or for my own. I was intending them to be for Makayla because she is a marksmen in Pistols and Rifles. And I was told just in case anybody else wanted one to make it a faction weapon.

I changed the status of the Military, and I only used white for the text Im sorry if it comes up in different colors. but I used white.

Makayla Shaw

M
There are alot of people that use pistols that are Durable and (most of the time) used as a side-arm rather than a Primary weapon. The character that I play prefers to use pistols instead of rifles. and I didnt know if anybody else had a character that was like that in the Republic. So i made it a faction weapon rather than a Unique weapon. Since it would be a Primary weapon it would be used alot more than a rifle. The longer range that I placed on the pistol was so it could be used more often at longer ranges so the user wouldn't have to switch to a rifle as often for a longer shot.

I don't mind that there is a marksman pistol; I just don't see the logic behind it. But if the Republic wants one, that's their call. I'm just here to make sure it looks right. :p

As for the range, again, can you clarify if the 250 meters is the maximum range or the optimal range? Practical ranges for pistols are under 10 meters, with ranges at about 20 meters at the most, so I'd feel more comfortable for 250 meters to indicate the maximum range with an optimal range of 100 meters. Even then, it's a bit long, but I'll allow it because the weapon is far longer than your average pistol, which can translate into a longer barrel length, thus equating more accurate long range shots.

Man, is that a terrible run-on sentence?

In any case, for comparison, US Marines train to shoot at 500 meters/yards with an M16 rifle, so you can see how 250 meters fits better as a maximum range.

If you can clarify the range issue, I will approve this.

Makayla Shaw

M
Range: 100 meters Optimal range and 250 meters Maximum range
Edited it like this and I understand what you are walking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom