Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech S.L.A.P Ammunition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To upgrade Anti-Armor capabilities for the common man or woman.
Developement thread: If needed
Manufacturer: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/54935-deathtech-incorporated/
Model: AP-21 (9mm)
AP-22 (.40)
AP-23 (10mm)
AP-24 (12.5mm)
AP-25 (7.62×39mm)
AP-26 (5.56×45mm)
AP-27 (.50 BMG)
Affiliation: Open Market

Modularity: Only in Caliber

Production: Mass-Produced

Material: Alusteel casing, Plasteesl head, Tungsten penetrator

Description: This round was created due to the rising sophistication of modern armors. Whether it be an infantry fighting vehichle, a light walker, or even powered armor, this type of round can overcome it. It even can perform the task of shooting through a building's wall to hit the target on the other side. If you want to shoot a pilot out of his fighter..this is the round for you, that is if the fighter isn't particle shielded. The downside to this type of ammunition is the plasteel isn't thick enough to survive an intense amount of inpact. It is only meant to survive long enough to hold accuracy. The higher the caliber the better the penetration. You want to take down a rancor? Use the .50 BMG. You want to take the pilot out of a scout walker? Use the 7.62 (.308). For Anti-personel armors use the 10mm or the 12.5mm pistol rounds. The only real effect theese rounds have are increased penetration. Using a pistol at greater than 50m with this round is going to drop your chance to hit.

Primary source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saboted_light_armor_penetrator

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Amelia Deathman said:
Whether it be an infantry fighting vehichle, a light walker, or even powered armor, this type of round can overcome it.
While this is possibly doable for the .50 cal, I do not think that pistol caliber rounds, even with saboted penetrators, are going to be penetrating through vehicle armor. I think it's questionable that typical rifle calibers will have this effect except on the lightest armored vehicles.

Amelia Deathman said:
The downside to this type of ammunition is the plasteel isn't thick enough to survive an intense amount of inpact. It is only meant to survive long enough to hold accuracy.

Small scale sabot ammunition is actually known for its comparative inaccuracy compared to conventional ammunition. It will still be good for roughly hitting a target like a vehicle or a guy if you aim center of mass, but precision shots are almost impossible.

Essentially, you're trading some of your accuracy for power with a saboted-round in small arms.

I'd suggest maybe breaking this up into multiple submissions on rough calibers (all pistols together, all rifles, all machine gun rounds together) if you're interested in getting some of these special effects.

I never said they could hit precisely just that the plasteel is there to hold accuracy. Which truly thats why it was made that way. These rounds are not meant for long range sniping. The smaller calibers such as 9mm won't cut through a walker or an IFV. However the .50 cal pistol ( 12.7mm) Could very well do it. Theese rounds are not meant to shoot through a tank. The reason I grouped em all together was because last time when I did ammunition for the RR -14 I was able to group it together due to the types there were, Tear gas, Armor peircing, etc. If you would like for me to do two separate subs I can. There would only be two due to there only being two calibers( Rifle and pistol) doung an MG round would be silly sinceMGs fire the same rounds as ARs.

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Amelia Deathman"], if you want to have them all in the same sub, that's fine. I do want to see more differentiation between the ammo size categories and their effects.

Something like pistol ammunition is twice as effective at normal at penetrating personal armor (making it roughly equivalent to a standard rifle round in power), but is more inaccurate at longer ranges.

Or only machine gun SLAP ammo is capable of penetrating lightly-armored vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom