Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech S-ANO-01 "Hreinsa"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauda

7f04b22b9484cd6e259756cd43765327.jpg
OOC Info

Intent - To sub a Nuke under Saevus

Image Source - Pinterest

Production Info

Manufacturer - Saevus Engineering

Affiliation - Saevus E.

Model - Saevus Nuclear Ordnance - ANO-01

Modularity - No

Production - Minor

Materials - Tungsten-Beryllium Alloy, Frasium, Niobium-Tin Magnets

Technical Specifications

Classification - Anti-Matter Guided Bomb

Length - 6ft (Average)
Diameter - 0.52m

Weight - 1,000kg (Heavy)

Payload - Antimatter

Ammunition Capacity - 0.11g of Densified Antihydrogen

Reload Speed - 1 use per bomber
E. Range: Depends on Bomber Flight Speed. 20 seconds of free-flight until automatic detonation

Rate of Fire - Low

Stopping Power - Extreme

Special Features

Antimatter - Just 0.11g is enough for a 50kt blast

Strengths:

Immense Power - An effective detonation power of 50kt

Not Much to be Done - Once embedded in the surface, if the bomb is disabled, it will detonate.

Untraceable - After detonation, the nature of Antimatter Annihilation eliminates all evidence of the bomb. Except the energy signature and gaping crater.

Weaknesses:

Clean - It's a weakness to Saevus anyway. Being fuelled by Antimatter, there is no long-lasting fallout. It's a powerful, but clean bomb.

Interception - Once embedded in the surface, there is 10-20 seconds before the bomb is detonated. If a power source is connected to the bomb in that time, it can be kept from detonating.

Description

First in the ANO series of SAEVUS ordnance. The Hreinsa is a heavy, guided bomb designed for hit-and-run bombing attacks. Following SAEVUS's philosophy of Technological Advancement, the Hreinsa is a somewhat complex design utilising Antimatter and some Electromagnets.

Carried on a Frontline/Assault Bomber, a single 1-ton ANO-01 bomb contains 0.11g of Antimatter, contained in a cage of powerful Niobium-Tin Electromagnets. These magnets are kept charged while on-board their carrier.

Once released, the Hreinsa guides itself more precisely to its target. Once it reaches its target, the Hreinsa embeds itself in the ground. The magnets are kept charged for a further 10-20 seconds depending on how long it has been in free flight for. Once the capacitor runs out of energy (Max 20 seconds), the Magnets release the Antimatter.

Once released, the Antimatter annihilates with its surroundings, releasing a 50kt blast that eliminates all trace of there ever being a bomb in the first place, along with everything else in a 0.45km radius.

Orex Mauda said:
Upon contact, the antimatter annihilates with 100% efficiency and releases an explosion of 430 megatons, reducing everything in a 295.4 mile radius to.. Well Nothing at all.
This looks like a superweapon, which is forbidden by our board rules.

The power on this weapon will need to be substantially reduced in for this not to be a super weapon.

Mauda

[member="Gir Quee"]

Definitely a superweapon if it detonated at 50kg, which is why I left it at 1

But I'll reduce it

The re-entry velocity is mach 18.25 when it hits the atmosphere. How does that not in and of itself shatter the magnets upon contact causing detonation far above the surface of the planet?

The reason for asking this is because this sounds(from my understanding) to be an orbit-to-surface weapon. Given the extreme velocities it would imagine that it would be similar to the effect on a meteor. The shock of hitting the atmosphere combined with the massive amounts of heat generated often cause them to be vaporized before reaching the surface, and some go out in a rather nice explosion. What is there in place to prevent such an occurrence other than a relatively small cross-section?

Mauda

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

I did think about reentry stresses, specifically heat.

The shell is Durasteel at the moment but it would make more sense to reinforce or replace that with a much more heat resistant material which I'll do.

Atmosphere collision. Honestly, I hadn't thought of that, only considered reentry heating. But off the top of head, the Nuke is very aerodynamic and isn't using any sort of aerobraking like the BFR because it isn't trying to slow down. So comparatively, it won't be hitting the atmosphere very hard.

Mauda

[member="Gir Quee"]

Lowered the payload-at-detonation to 700g and max capacity to 1kg. Reduction halved the yield to 215mt and blast radius to 117mi radius. I don't want to lower yield too much. The highest yield bomb (Under development) has a yield of 100mt and considering the SW Galaxy is vastly more advanced than us, don't feel it makes sense to mass produce a peak-tech nuke that is equitable to our uranium bombs, just with some fancy magnets thrown in.

[member="Orex Mauda"]

In SW Nuclear warheads aren't even mass produced, they were rarely used even in the times of the Old Republic. And those are basically superweapons since a spread of them can level a planet. The biggest warhead used I can think of was the missiles used to blow chunks out of an Yuuzhan Vong world ship, and those are DRASTICALLY smaller than this by about 214mt. And even those are still technically superweapons according to the Wookiee.

I think you're scope is just a little out of proportion because you are attempting to relate IRL and SW, and they simply don't correlate. This is a universe with a planet-killing laser and a sun-absorbing planet-weapon that shoots faster-than-light laser beams through the galaxy that can be seen from Lightyears away in real time. Reality's physics aren't in play here.

If you're dead set on an Anti-matter explosive (which are also listed as Superweapons in the Wookiee), tone down the verbage, make the yield and level of destruction much more vague, and perhaps toss in some Star Wars comparisons.

Mauda

[member="Laira Darkhold"]
[member="Gir Quee"]

Could throw a glowing rock a Wookie and they'd call it a blaster bolt.

But I see what you mean. Yes, I thought about the logistics. Mass-Producing a 215mt bomb would give a single ship the ability to drop more than 10 bombs, effectively ruining the surface of the planet.

I'll lower some specs.

Mauda

[member="Gir Quee"]

Righty-ho.

Not an WMD anymore. The weapon is now a guided bomb designed for frontline/assault bombers. Weight limits quantity to 1/bomber. Reduced antimatter to 0.11g/bomb making yield 50kt.

50kt is still quite meaty, I know but this is not for Carpet Bombing. More like Hit-And-Run untraceable terrorism.

Mauda

Right.

I've accidentally posted an earlier save. Is there any way to retrieve the previous post?

[member="Gir Quee"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom