Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle S-6 Wraith speeder bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
63508105e8419c251a8c2b072ecfac1b.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A vehicle for those with the need for speed.
  • Image Source: Pinterest
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Gaslight Cyberdrive Inc.
  • Model: Civillian, Military
  • Affiliation: Open market
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Speeder Bike
  • Role: Transport
  • Size: 4.2 meters
  • Weight: Average
  • Minimum Crew: 1
  • Optimal Crew: 1
  • Propulsion: Repulsorlift
  • Speed: Fast: 700 km/h
  • Maneuverability: High
  • Armament: None on civillian models, 1 laser cannon on military models
  • Defenses: Low
  • Squadron Count: 22
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very high
  • Passenger Capacity: 1
  • Cargo Capacity: N/A
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Navigation systems
  • Standard communications systems
  • Optional auto-safe feature
  • Extendable windshield
Strengths:
  • Maneuverability: Fins on the sides enable for great handling, even at close to top speeds.
Weaknesses:
  • Armor: Being primarily built for speed, it has no protection to really speak of.
Description: The wraith was designed with the speed demon in mind. With its sleek and smooth exterior and padded seats, it is not only an extremely fast speeder, but also a very comfortable one. Twin fins on the left and right allow for it to be easily maneuverable, even at its top speed of 700 km/h. However, it is strongly recommended that drivers without an aptitude for these high speeds not go past what they are used to- after all, the warranty only goes so far. In anticipation of the top speed mark of the Wraith, a feature was added in the form of a windshield that extends fully over the cockpit to keep flying debris and anything else from disturbing the driver, which is easily activated at the push of a button. For those needing a more offensive vehicle, military models feature a single laser cannon in the front. A special feature of the Wraith is the auto-safe feature, which once turned on, activates small proximity sensors on the lower sides. These sensors detect how far away foreign objects are to the vehicle, i.e. other vehicles, buildings, etcetera, and influences the steering just enough to keep its distance, reducing the possibility of crashing. This feature can be turned on or off at the driver's discretion. While the Wraith is more prominently featured in black, it also comes in crimson red, teal, golden yellow, and slate grey.

<p>Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.</p>

[member="Daniel Imura"]

Questions on the speed of this thing. 700 km is 434 mph, not terrible for a speeder but some all important questions. How does the average human pilot this in a urban setting without crashing constantly? Wind and speed would certainly affect them in the open air seat as well. I noticed the mention of sensors, I assume they keep the driver "on their toes" and take over (if on?). Might be a good weakness to note...

I can think of three solutions for your concern for the top speed of this thing:
  • Reduce the top speed for civillian models
  • Put a lock on the vehicles that only allow it a certain top speed, but one that can possibly be overridden.
  • Simply state in the description that it's highly recommended that drivers who don't have the aptitude for high speeds (ie force sensitives or others) to not go past a certain limit.
On the subject of it being an open seater, I took a second look at the picture and noticed the front has a sort of windshield. I was thinking that perhaps I could add a feature that engages the windshield to extend to the rear of the vehicle.

For your mention of the sensors, i'm a little confused. How would I implement that as a weakness? If anything, it sounds like a strength to me.

[member="Delila Castillon"]

[member="Daniel Imura"]

I was speaking of the sensors that keep you from running into buildings. Didn't think they were meant to be a weakness, perhaps a was rambling a little too much. :D

Upon second look I do see a windshield thing too if I squint. My eyes are old, so many apologies. Pertaining to my three concerns, your solutions are great. Go ahead and add it on in and we should be on our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom