Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Ruvaen [Life Day Challenge]

Status
Not open for further replies.
C95fOYq.png

Name: Ruvaen
Loyalties: Celine Levesque (Deceased lover).
Role: A ghost who transverses the galaxy in search of his lost love, leaving flowers for women who shares some of her qualities during the 11 days leading up to Life Day and on the day itself.

Development Threads: N/A

Species: Formerly a Binadaman, now a ghost of one.

Appearance: Before his death, Ruvaen was once a handsome young man in his prime, however, since his death, he has become a figure shrouded in mystery. Dressed in the armour he died in, his face is perpetually hidden by a hood concealing his shoulder length brown hair and hazel eyes and his body is that of a warrior, muscular, honed by years of experience.

Personality: Presently, Ruvaen mostly keeps to himself so not much is known about his personality, but he was once a valiant warrior who was devoted both to his job and his love. Time had been unkind to him as a result, he has become a man of questionable sanity with a penchant for obsessive behavior should he encounter a woman who resembles Celine Levesque, his lost love.

Force Sensitivity: None.

Weapon of Choice: N/A

Skills: Crafting flowers out of paper.

Wealth: N/A

Combat Function: As a ghost, he is incapable of doing much in combat except perhaps, throwing random objects at his target.

Notable Possessions: N/A

History:

"He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.”
- Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
"Her love was entire as a child's, and though warm as summer it was fresh as spring."
- Thomas Hardy, Far From the Madding Crowd

The story of Ruvaen and his beloved, Celine was not one of blissful happiness, but one of passion, desperation, and tragedy. Passionate in the time they were able to spend together, desperation for what little time they had left, and tragedy in their deaths. Though the pair died mere days apart, the pair were not reunited in death.

While Celine was able to pass on to the afterlife where she awaits her love, Ruvaen could not. Unable to accept his death and everything he had been deprived of as a result, his spirit roams the galaxy, in search of his beloved, and only interacting with the living on 11 days leading up to Life Day and on the day itself as those were the last days he would ever spend with his love before they were deployed for war on different fronts.

Though the days they had left to spend with each other was short, they made each day memorable. Of their last 12 days together, one of the days that Ruvaen cherished the most was the day they went window shopping together, planning a wedding day that they would never experience.

Harmless for the most part, Ruvaen leaves a flower for women who shares qualities with Celine during these 12 days like the ones he had left for her during their last days together with each flower being either a silent profession of love for his beloved, admiration of the qualities he adored about her or a message to her.

The order of the flowers that he had given to Celine were as follows:

Day 1: Thornless Red Rose (Love at first sight).
Day 2: Arbutus (I love only you).
Day 3: Amaryllis (Splendid beauty).

Day 4: Purple Hyacinth (I am sorry, please forgive me).
Day 5: Red Chrysanthemum (I love)
Day 6: Yellow Jasmine (Grace and elegance).
Day 7: Hawthorn (Hope).
Day 8: Justicia (The perfection of female loveliness).
Day 9: Blue Violet (I'll always be true).
Day 10: Forget-Me-Not (True Love).
Day 11: White Clover (Think of me).
Day 12: Pink Carnation (I will never forget you).

(Flower meanings retrieved from http://www.languageofflowers.com/ and google).

Now, a vagrant, Ruvaen transverses many different plants in search of his beloved, the flowers he had once given her are not always readily and when such situation arises, he crafts the flowers himself out of paper so as not to break this tradition as it was the only thing he had to remember his love by.

Intent: To create an interesting NPC for the Life Day competition inspired by the 12 Days of Christmas carol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom