Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rule Update: Company Ownership of Starships

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
After a long discussion between several Admins, RPJs, and FJs, we present the long-awaited rules for corporate ownership of vessels. A big hand to [member="Valeria Aetani"] for the final numbers.

Found under the Factory Rules, in Companies:

Corporations may own and operate a realistic amount of non-combat starships based on company tier and individual ship length. Tier 1: 100 meters. Tier 2: 200 meters. Tier 3: 400 meters. Tier 4: 800 meters. Tier 5: 1600 meters. Tier 6: 2000 meters.

Corporations may own and operate combat starships based on company tier, ship length, and total length of ships owned. A Tier 1 corporation may own ships up to 100 meters, for a total of 400 meters. A Tier 2 corporation may own ships up to 200 meters, for a total of 800 meters. A Tier 3 corporation may own ships up to 400 meters, for a total of 1600 meters. A Tier 4 corporation may own ships up to 800 meters, for a total of 3200 meters. A Tier 5 corporation may own ships up to 1600 meters, for a total of 6400 meters. A Tier 6 corporation may own ships up to 2000 meters, for a total of 12800 meters.

For example, a Tier 3 corporation may own combat ships up to 400 meters for a total of 1600 meters. This might be 4 x 400 meter ships, 8 x 200 meter ships, or any other possible combination.

These rules apply only to parent corporations. Subsidiaries, regardless of their tier, count towards cumulative ship length limits for their parent corporations.

May I also add a personal suggestion -- most corporations, regardless of how big they get, shouldn't require anything like these maximum limits. In fact, arming up may be a liability, depending on how much attention it attracts and how much weight your corporation throws around. Be wise, yo.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Gilamar Skirata"]
If someone works their tail off and gets Tier 6, they're welcome to use as many non-combat ships of any size as they want - those non-combat lengths are for individual ships. They're also welcome to use as much of that combat ship allowance as they want. It's not an either-or.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
sabrina said:
does this affect major faction fleets?

does this affect fighters?
This has nothing to do with major faction fleets, no. As far as fighters go, just keep it proportional to the capital ships you own. Nobody in board history has shown up under the banner of a Tier 2 corporation with ten thousand starfighters. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Hire me Tier 6 companies. I'll fly a weaponized 2k meter ship for ya. And I promise I won't misuse it for personal joyriding, sign up for Invasion support with it, fly it on vacation to Naboo once a week, or host elaborate parties using the companies expense budget.

*truthful smile* :D

This, is going to be awesome.

Matreya

Jay Scott Clark said:
Hire me Tier 6 companies. I'll fly a weaponized 2k meter ship for ya. And I promise I won't misuse it for personal joyriding, sign up for Invasion support with it, fly it on vacation to Naboo once a week, or host elaborate parties using the companies expense budget.

*truthful smile* :D

This, is going to be awesome.
Yyyyeees.

sabrina

Ashin Varanin said:
This has nothing to do with major faction fleets, no. As far as fighters go, just keep it proportional to the capital ships you own. Nobody in board history has shown up under the banner of a Tier 2 corporation with ten thousand starfighters. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
no more concerned with hanger bays and the like

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom