Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship RRSS - Exceeder V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Affiliation: Red Ravens
Manufacturer: Salvatrucha Economic Development Corporation
Model: RRSS - Exceeder V1
Modularity: With Dev thread
Production: Limited
Material: Transparisteel, Durasteel, Rubidium, Plasma, Miscellaneous Electronic Components, Viscoelastic Foam
Classification: Corvette/Scout/Blockade Runner/Stealth Ship

Length: 75m
Width: 36m
Height: 24m
Armament: 5
Maneuverability Rating: 3
Speed Rating: 3
Hyperdrive Class: 2
Hangar: No starfighter capability

Special Features:
  • Layered Hull
  • Heatsink
  • Responsive Screen
  • Tuneable Plasmalayer
  • Sound Absorbing Insulation
  • Thrust Trace Dampener
  • Gravitic Modulator
  • Electronic Warfare Suite*
  • Escape Pod
  • Advance Sensory System
  • Standard Targeting System
  • Holonet transceiver
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Navicomputer
  • Auto-pilot Capability
  • Life Support
  • Limited med-bay

Strengths:
  • Stealthy
  • Relatively Fast

Weaknesses:
  • Relatively weak weaponry
  • Only moderate Shielding
  • Weaker Outer Hull
  • Possibility of cataclysmic system failure and chemical reactions in the event of excessive damage or crash

Description:

The number one giveaway of any ship is heat. Nevermind the heat generated by thrusters etc, just the heat needed to keep your average sentient alive let alone comfortable is significantly warmer than space. All the fancy Sensor reflecting paint in the world won't stop your heat signature.

The Exceeder has dealt with this by installing a heat sink. In simpler technologies this is often ice or liquid nitrogen. Both of which can be melted away and neither of which is cold enough. The Exceeder utilizes Doppler Cooling on vaporized Rubidium. The rarity and difficulty of mining and purifying rubidium alone would keep this ship from ever going Mass Production. It does however allow the ship to virtually eliminate it's heat signature by circulating the Rubidium through an insulated layer between the ships dual hulls.

This also allows for an exceptionally effective Thrust Trace Dampener, particularly when used by a Captain with the sense to turn the damned thrusters off once they've reached the requested speeds, since thrusters in space once moving are largely only needed for manouvering.

The Exceeder is also outfitted with a Gravitic Modulator so it cannot simply be detected by the gravitational field it, like every starship ever, posseses.

Visually, rather than being painted black and made stupidly easy to spot every time it's silhoutted against something, the Exceeders outer hull is made of Transparisteel. Beneath this is a responsive screen that projects an image based upon what visual sensors on the opposing side pick up. There is of course some distortion however considering the ranges at which things generally occur in space this is barely an issue.

In response to Radar, Radio Frequencies, Laser Sensors, Comm Frequencies etc, and most similar sensors the Exceeder utilizes a layer of tuneable plasma in gaseous form generated upon exiting atmosphere and held in place with electromagnets. There is the possibility that a non-standard sensor could penetrate this layer however due to it's tuning capability once this hypothetical sensor is detected the plasma can be altered to block or baffle it on the fly. This additionally means that by using an abnormally high frequency the Exceeder can bypass the double-blind dilemma and communicate with other ships on the correct frequency. If it is being forced to block a particularly high frequency it's visual stealth measures will be compromised as it will begin to glow when exceedingly excited. This could be mitigated by manouvering in front of a star or other already glowing blody.

Radiation is largely blocked by the Fact that Transparisteel is used by the outer hull.

Sound is blocked by a layer of viscoelastic memory foam on the inside of the Durasteel hull layer as well as by the layered build of the ship.

Development Thread: Here
Intent: A Stealth ship grounded in Science rather than a magical crystal and handwavium (I actually own a planet that houses stygium. I could get it easily, it's just bull >.> )
Who Can Use This: Red Raven PC with approval from leadership, limited NPC useage for story reasons

*Equipment which can be used in either slicing or anti-slicing endeavours , not automated, though the alarms to warn that infiltration is occurring are. Must be manned to be effective.

[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]
All stealth systems require some amount of Dev

Here is what I would like though
List the Stealth Systems in Special Features, and link them to the cannon (Or Factory) sources. Limited Production is fine, and In the past I have required 15-20 quality posts for Stealth Ships. That should do fine here.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

..the.. the stealth systems are all explained scientifically in the description.. Also It's not one thing, is is a bunch of things brought together..

..just to make sure I understand this..You want me to submit to the factory
  • A heatsink
  • Responsive Screen
  • Plasmalayer
  • Insulation
all of which are real world, non Star Wars, currently doable technology when we would be considered primitive on the Star Wars scale?

But yeah, dev thread, sure thing, shall bang it out in the next 24 hours.

No, no. I just wanted them listed in the sub and any cannon or factory items you were using linked.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sensor_mask would be a good fit as well since you are looking for stealthy

Also the explanations were fine, I just wanted them listed so other people could see what it had at a glance if they needed to.

15-20 post Dev thread should be fine for all those.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Dev thread is done and added. I know you said 10-15 posts and mines only ten, but I reckon since they're pretty darn solid and all deal directly with designing and explaining the ship that ought to be okay.

• Electronic Warfare Suite
Last thing... Could you link or describe what this does.

Like the Idea, not the first to come through, but its a good idea and the stealth is well described in what it is and how it functions.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

If I have to I can go find other subs with it. I just stole it from other folks. It basically just means it's got the tech for slicers to do their thing, and in particularly to resist being sliced themselves.

Alright. Do not Abuse.
Approved Pending Secondary.
ScBSrzJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom