Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship RRHC - Kebechet V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ulysses_spaceship_by_m_wojtala-d3i6g5i.jpg

Image Source: Art by M-Wojtala

Affiliation: Red Ravens/Jackals
Manufacturer: Salvatrucha Economic Development Corporation
Model: RRHC - Kebechet V1
Modularity: With dev thread
Production: Mass
Material: Neutronium heavy Durasteel, Transparisteel, miscellaneous electronic components
Classification: Heavy Cruiser

Length: 950m
Width: 475m
Height: 275m

Armament:

Hangar: 2

Standard Initial Load Out for a Ship Gifted to the Jackals;
Squadron 1:

Squadron 2:

Special Features:
  • Standard sensory system
  • Lifeform Scanner
  • Advanced targeting systems
  • Holonet transceiver
  • Escape Pods
  • Communications Array
  • Navicomputer
  • Life Support
  • Med-bay
  • Tractor Beam x4
  • Back-up Hyperdrive
  • Isotope-5 Reactor

Manoeuvrability Rating: 13
Speed Rating: 13
Hyperdrive Class: 3, 10

Strengths:
  • Firepower, alot of it

Weaknesses:
  • Relatively Weak Shielding
  • Not stealthy or subtle
  • Not designed to combat multiple large ships without significant backup
  • None of the heavy weapons arc of fire cover behind the Kebechet
Description:
The Kebechet was born largely of President of the Red Ravens at the time of its conception Chiasa Kritivaas' affection for the pirates known as The Jackals and their Captain, McNash. While she had supplied them with ships bought from other companies in the past, they were largely corvette in size. With the growth of the Jackals, and her sudden ship-building capabilities, she resolved to create a Heavy Cruiser that would be both useful to the Red Ravens, and a viable pirating ship for the Jackals. And so came the Kebechet.

This is a ship geared to boom out of hyperspace, open fire, disable or destroy it's target, grab loot when applicable and then disappear again. It is not made for long haul fleeting and dragged out combat. While it's shield can stand up to a few heavy shots, and it's multiple point defence cannons make it ideal for taking out smaller ships and starfighters, it could not withstand the barrage from another ship with firepower similar or greater to it's own, and in those situations a retreat is strongly suggested. The Space Mine Ejector was included to help make such retreats viable.

The varied weapons do make it adept at finding a weak point in most designs. A favoured tactic of the canny Captain of a Kebechet is to open fire on a shielded ship with the Ion Cannons until the shield weakens or drops and then blast it with an Assault Concussion Missile, often causing massive physical as well as electronic damage. It is the Isotope-5 Reactor which allows the Kebechet to power all this weaponry without suffering significant power drain or loss.

Development Thread: If Required
Intent: A simple offensively oriented Heavy Freighter/Baby SD under 1000m so it's use is acceptable by the Jackals as well as the Ravens
Who Can Use This: Red Ravens, Jackals, approved buyers
Primary Source: Looked at This ship a lot

[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

So this ship is perfectly acceptable.

It's just the firepower probably doesn't match the description. This is currently, to my mind, a fairly balance cruiser. It's got medium armaments and carriers a fair amount of vessels. It could certainly have more firepower, but you'd need to sacrifice the hangards. Does that seem about right?

To quote the template:

Hangar: (Please provide the amount of fighters this submission can hold in it's hangar by count of Squadrons, which hold 12 average Starfighters. The higher your squadron count, the lower your Armament and number of Special Features should be. This submission's Max Squadron Count: 3. Optionally, feel free to provide a list of names for your squadrons, like the notorious Red Squadron. Alternatively, you may swap squadrons for Vehicles or other items of note.)

And here are some cookie cutter templates I'm working on:
9gF6aTU.png

[member="Raziel"]

I guess it's less that there are a billion guns and more that looking at canon (vs current chaos xD ) the guns that it does have are all of the very large boom sort. Like the assault concussion thingies state on the wookieepedia that even on a full blown SSD they cause pretty serious power drain, so for this baby SD to have and utilize them pretty heavily makes it a heavy hitter for its size. (Hence the specialized reactor, fewer shields, 2 squadrons etc)

I am pretty happy with it as stands, thanks for the options though!

Also that chart, yeees, that is being saved to my computer <3

[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

No worries, just know if you take this toe-to-toe with a dedicated assault cruiser at close range, it will probably come out second best! :)

Pending Approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom