Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Royal Palace (Commenor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
ymirian_palace_by_lorddoomhammer-d72ski7.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: Home for Lady Kay and her staff. Location for many meetings with current/future allies as well as future plots
​Image Credit: http://lorddoomhammer.deviantart.com/art/Ymirian-Palace-427955407
Canon: N/A
Links: A Stately Visit
A Common United
Lessons Learned From the Mist-Walkers
(Most my threads take place in and around the Palace, so there's plenty more if needed)

SETTING INFORMATION

Structure Name: Royal Palace
Classification: Home for the Commenori Monarchy and staff.

Affiliation: Commenor Systems Alliance , Lady Kay, [member="Darlyn Excron"] , [member="Macoda Haberon"] , [member="Rex Cruger"] , [member="Darben Skirae"] , [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Accessibility: Easy to spot outside of Chasin City. Multiple points of entry including a tunnel network linking to the tunnels beneath Chasin City.

Security: Security force headed by [member="Macoda Haberon"] that do weapons checks and keep an eye on the area by use of monitoring equipment like cameras. There is also various secret passages within the walls, leading throughout the Royal Palace and into the tunnels below, providing an escape if needed.

Description: The biggest building in Chasin City, it is easily spotted and well known for housing the Monarchy and Commenor's government. Plenty of emissaries and leaders pass through it's doors. Given that Chasin City is a tourist hub, tours inside the Royal Palace are restricted.

POINTS OF INTEREST

13980980724_6511811eb4_c.jpg
Source
The main foyer. Once through the front entrance and security checkpoint, this foyer is what greets each guest. Built in the old Commenori style, using local rocks from the nearby mines to create the walls and pillars. A tall wooden double door allows people to enter further inside to access the various wings of the Palace. The foyer also provides a bit of a barricade from invading forces should the Royal Palace come under siege.

Castle_Arcadia-712.jpg
Source
1409632931_22.jpg
Source
Entertainment Halls. The Royal Palace is used to hosting large events and celebrations. As such, multiple entertainment halls were built to play host in.

castelul_peles3.jpg
Source
Meeting Rooms. When various heads of state, representatives, Emissaries and business leaders visit, they are often brought here to eat and negotiate. The closed space gives one the feeling of privacy.

Manor%20House%20Library%20paneling%20Castle%20design.jpg
Source
Queen's Office. Only the most trusted and friendliest to the Monarchy are invited here. This is where Lady Kay does most of her work. It's wooden panels hide secret passageways, and the spiral staircase leads up to her bedchambers.

akw_reign104_0279.jpg
Source
Queen's Bedchambers. Very few have permission to enter. A touchpad unlocks the door, granting access those that know the code. A secret passageway is hidden across from the bed, giving her an avenue of escape if needed.

gilmerton-cove-edinburgh-4.jpg
Source
Secret Passageways. These can be found throughout various important rooms within the Royal Palace. They all lead down to a series of tunnels that connect to the tunnel network under Chasin City, as well as the Treasury Chamber which houses much of Commenor's wealth and precious gems.

img_scot_05.jpg
Source
Prison Cells. Old fashioned, but usefull, these prison cells are capable of holding prisoners for a time until they can be transfered to a proper facility.

DBH_Screen_Hostage027_PS4_E32017_1497330292.jpg
Source
Royal Palace Security. Brandishing the Commenori colours of Grey and Blue for their uniforms, the Royal Palace Security led by [member="Macoda Haberon"] can often be found at the checkpoints and on patrol throughout the Royal Palace and the grounds.

landscape-1437755163-kensington-gardens.jpg
Source
stock-photo-labyrinth-garden-495074725.jpg
Source
Royal Gardens. Well landscaped and taken care of, the Royal Gardens are a treat for the eyes and a favourite place for the staff to unwind. It includes a hedgemaze for those like Lady Kay that enjoy a good puzzle.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Constructed centuries ago before the time of the Old Republic, the Commenori Royal Palace was constructed as the Prime Minister's residence and Capital Building. Over time, it's uses changed as Commenor's allegiences switched as often as the Galactic superpowers. Fortunately Commenor's importance as a trade hub kept it safe from heavy attack, so the building was always kept safe.

Once Lady Kay re-established the Monarchy on Commenor after the death of the Elders, the building was recommissioned as the Royal Palace. Always a bustle of activity, it is primarily home to herself and her staff, with various officials from other worlds visiting.

It is all of Commenor's hope that the Royal Palace will last for centuries more and continue to be a symbol of Commenor's prosperity.

[member="Lady Kay"]

I'm sorry, but slapping nine giant images of differing sizes into the body of a submission is never a good design choice. It detracts from the readability of the submission. Please put the images in the spoilers and the written descriptions of each point of interest into the main body. Either that or use hyperlinks for the images instead.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Feeto Chivaro"]

Sorry, I wrote it all on my phone. Every image looks the same size to me. I figured that they all just fit to size as that's how it looks to me. I'll get it all adjusted soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom