Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Dax v. Atheus

Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the first annual Tournament of the Saber! For your viewing pleasure I offer a tournament unlike any you have ever seen before. A tournament that they will talk about for ages and write songs about our competitors and their talents. This will not be a simple sword fight, but will truly require our competitors to use everything including their minds to beat each other and only one will come out on top. Without further delay I bring you round 1!!!!

Round 1 is a test of imagination and stratagy. Everyone is armor less and wears a skin tight body suit. Even the bird. This suit has a tasty habit of changing into other outfits. In your hand is one sword each. This sword is the legendary Sword of the Jabberwocky. As you already know this sword can become your enemy, your friend or a nasty combination of the two. Both the suit and sword will be changed by me or Rofl at any point. By default it is a katana.

The field is not a field at all, but a dome. They are lined with seats for fans where you are not allowed to go fight. The ground is an ice ring so watch your step. Placed each competitors wrists are bracelets to nullify the Force. This brings even a Master on par with a padawan...kind of. The rules are, there are no rules, even death is permitted. If you should lose a limb or die, fear not for Tefka is great and you will leave healed. A loser, but healed. We shall mock and laugh at you, but at least you are alive right?

[member="Atheus"] [member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax stood on the slick ice examining the shining sliver of metal in his hand. A weapon he was more than familiar with. The ancient Katana that had been used since before lightsabers had existed. Before there had ever been a Republic or a Sith Empire. When the Force was still known as the Ashla and the Bogan. The shining piece of metal was one of the first weapons Dax had ever taken an interest in.

Of course, the damned thing wouldn't stay such a familiar weapon for long. Of course he'd heard what the suit and the sword would do. Morph into random...things...some people had a seriously concerning sense of humor. Chances were Dax and the other competitors had equally concerning issues since they were actually putting themselves through this but no matter. It would be an interesting time.

[member="Atheus"], [member="Church"]

Interesting that we would be facing off like this.

Standing in the black suit provided, I only hoped that it would change into something to aid my fight against the man in front of me. Left hand was placed a katana. However, it was explained to me that this weapon could, and will, change at any time into a weapon that we had to work with. The winner would be crowned, and the loser would be healed. Still a loser though.

I hated standing here. The best thing I had to try and cover my face from others was my hair. We weren't allowed to bring armor onto the field. And nothing that could give us an advantage. Even the force nullified by special bracelets. Still active, I could still feel it, but barely there. I could feel a twinge, and that was it.

When I signed up for this, I was told force could be used. However, not sure how we could use the force if we were restricted from using it. Likely to limit the force powers people could use so you wouldn't kill anybody in the stands. Holding my ground on the ice, I could almost feel the ice beneath me melt from my body heat alone. Keeping it nice and slick.

Uneven ground. Changing weapons and likely armor styles. I was not going to like this at all.

"Alright Dax. Lets get started."

Taking a few careful steps forward, I found my footing and started to walk briskly forward to close the distance between the two of us as the crowd cheered us on, or booed our names. I focused on myself. Blocking out their sounds as I went back to my primal ancestry of using a sword. I used swords before.

However, a Katana is different. My master had told me how a Katana was hefty and required both hands, with using one hand interchangeably. Gripping the tsuka. I could feel the wrappings. Even tell you that they were wrapped in a "Battle Wrap" A generic braiding to cross over the entirety of the grip. Unlike my masters Katana that had been done delicately.

I guess I will have to learn how to use the weapons presented to me quickly, or I will pay for it severely.

Coming to meet Dax head on, I held my katana down in an Iado fashion. And brought the blade swinging out in an arc from the left side, and brought it back in a slash from the shoulder to hip from the right. Joining my hands at the follow through with the weapon's arc. Just testing the man, and his own stance with the weapon.

I didn't believe in gods. But if there was any, I started to pray now.

[member="Church"], [member="Dax Fyre"],

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax wasn't willing to test the ice quite yet. He was more than willing to let the Swordsman approach him. "Nice to see you again [member=Atheus]." the Master said as he approached, bringing the polished metal up to a standard Kendo grip. His hands held the grip tightly, twisting together, blade held rigidly before him. Then came the flash of metal. Dax twisted his wrists just slightly, the blade angling away form the attack, lifting slightly. It was the barest movement, only enough to deflect Atheus's attack away. But it set Dax up perfectly. As the blade bounced away, Dax lifted his katana the rest of the way and back do a loud cry ushering from his lips as he aimed to cleave the man in half.

The man knew how to use a sword. Katana more so with his kendo stance. With the slight movement of his own blade to quite literally bounce my own away from him, I could hear the sharp sound of metal defacing metal. The man quickly moved into a position to cleave me in half. Instead of taking the full force of a blow, I could go to make his own sword bounce. However, as my blade was still out of position, and no where near able to defend myself, I opted for a different solution.

Ice skating.

Leaning on my right foot as I angled it out away from me, shifted my center of gravity away from Dax. The ice did the rest for me. Sliding back and to the right with my left foot pivoting enough to let the blade flash through the air. I was slipping and sliding trying to regain my balance for a moment during the slide.

Dax would be smart to capitalize on this. Maybe a wide arcing swing. Or anything that could make my stance even more compromised. Preparing myself for what could come, I opted to try and deter him from trying anything hasty. He was waiting for me to make the moves. He was wanting me to mess up.

So lets mess up.

Using the butt of the weapon, I aimed to slam into the man's arm, or even the side. Maybe injure him to prevent more attacks coming my way. Part of me wanted to dominate this fight. Overwhelm the man with my own prowess so he couldn't get in anything. However, the other part wanted me to stay back and just let him make his own mistakes. Deciding better of the two, I would be assertive. Fight enough to keep him on his toes, but still be back enough to keep my own skin clean. Maybe even push him just enough to mess up from there instead.

Either way, I knew this fight was going to be challenging.

[member="Dax Fyre"],

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Atheus drifted swiftly away from the Rogue's attack. Perhaps a little too swiftly as Dax could see the man struggling to regain his balance. Quickly Dax kicked out with his leg, aiming to knock the man off balance. Yet, the laws of physics state that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Dax also began to slide backwards. To make matters worse [member="Atheus"] had succeeded in striking Dax's outstretch leg, enough to send the man completely off balance. Flailing arms and sliding away, Dax frantically tried to not fall flat on his face. Stabbing the blade of the katana into the ice he stopped sliding...sort of. While his upper body stopped, his lower body didn't. His own feet pulled themselves out from under him and he awkwardly fell onto his side. Slowly and carefully he tried to get back on his feet to stand on the slippery ice.

Successfully hitting the man with the butt of my weapon, I was pushed back from my own force on the man, as well as the kick that connected with my midsection. I smiled as most of the strike was wanting to push me to fall on my rear. Instead of trying to grab onto something, or stab the sword in, which could change at any moment to be some huge weapon that I couldn't use anymore, I opted to literally fall to my knees. Letting my knees take an impact hurt quite a bit as I slid back. Having a larger surface area to slow my slide down.

Looking up to Dax as he troubled over the clashing himself, I smiled. He was trying hard to grab onto the ground with his feet. Trying to stand up right. I guess I could push in his direction to make that a little harder.

Ice reacted to movements, and friction. Straight actions upon ice created a better chance to slip. Instead of lifting my feet up and standing, I slid my knee up to my foot while moving closer to the man. And doing the same to my other knee. During military training with the Makrosian government, we wrestled one another for sport, and for training. One of these "moves" was called a duck walk. Where you would slide your body down and back up to try and literally pick up, or throw your opponent over your shoulder.

I did the same movements, only so I could get onto my feet, as well as closing the distance between us. I needed to get to him fast before he could remove the weapon from the ice.

[member="Dax Fyre"],

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Rogue had only just gotten back to his feet when his opponent had suddenly collided with Dax knocking the breath from him and lifting him from the ground. But as the Rogue was carried away, he brought his katana with him. The two crashed to the ground still sliding when Dax noticed a change in what he wore and his weapon...for one he was a lot colder...his outfit had changed completely...feth...and so had his weapon...at least he could beat [member="Atheus"] with that...And attempt to beat Atheus he did. Dax swung the giant candy cane down towards the man's back, who still clung to him.

I had made a hit. Colliding with the man. I took that with all I could. Trying to keep the man off his balance and if we were to fall, to make sure I landed on top. However, it seemed that Dax knew this was going to happen. He righted himself against me and tried to slam me with... WHAT! He was hitting me with a Candy Cane. of all things a Candy Cane. And both of our suits transformed into unicorns.

Was this some child's fantasy with some board game or imagination? I took a hard hit on my neck. Having been literally battered with a candy in the neck, it hurt. I was sure to get some bruises from it. Some to match the rest of what I had already. I needed to keep the candy cane away from me.

Releasing him, I used my candy cane and planted it as hard as I could into the ground. Slamming it, I slowed down. However, Dax, with momentum would likely keep moving. Reaching out, I used the hook of the candy cane. Trying to yank the man back at me.

Messing with a person's movement was likely the best way to mess with the man in general. Even more so that as soon as he was close enough to me, my hand was coming towards his face to punch his lights out.

[member="Dax Fyre"],

The Reaper of Won Shasot
[member="Atheus"] was right, Dax would keep moving. But no longer being held up by the man who had been essentially carrying him, Dax slammed back to the ice, a cry leaving his lips as he impacted the unyielding surface. He kept sliding backwards, Atheus' Candy Cane sweeping over his head, his attempt to pull the man back to him having misjudged where Dax would be upon stopping.

Dazed, Dax found the sliding absolutely nauseating. He decided he absolutely despised whoever had thought this was a good idea...plus, he was cold. The man flipped over to his stomach, attempting to gain both his bearings and his stomach. Atheus had the perfect chance to land a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom