Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roses for the lady.

It'd been a week or so since my injury and subsequent 'union' with Sary, and I was happy to see that our relationship had managed to stay intact, not that it came as a surprise. On this particular day, I found myself resting on her couch, a place that seemed to become more and more comfortable each time I laid down on it. As for what I was doing on said couch, I was stuck thinking of things to do and places to take her.

"We've been to the stables so many times... The halls are grand, but maybe we should do more than walk and shes drawn them several times over by now... The market would make me go broke with what credits I have..." I continued to murmur as my thoughts revolved around in a seemingly endless circle. Then, it hit me. The perfect places. Scenery for her to draw, and things t help her with her healing studies. "Sary, I've got an idea for what we can do today!" I launched myself from the couch as I called out and made my way to her bedroom door.

[member="Saryana Lynae"]

Saryana Lynae

New Beginnings Are Found In The Strangest Places
Saryana was wearing a mint green, knee length dress with short sleeves. She heard Will shouting and stepped out of her bedroom, almost running straight into him.

"Oh? What's this idea of yours?" She asked as she shoved her datapad into a leather satchel she carried with her anytime they went anywhere. The young Togruta was curious as to what had her boyfriend so excited. He was finally allowed to train again, maybe that was it? She didn't think so. He knew she had not interest in learning any sort of combat skills. [member="William Seraven"]

I grinned and brought her hand up to my lips, kissing it before guiding her for the door. "You'll see when we get there." Granted, not everything was a surprise with me, but I did think this location would be especially interesting. Even now, I remembered when I first stepped into that wonderland. It had been a complete sensory overload and while I knew that she wasn't as sensitive to the world as I was, I sill knew it could have quite an effect.

[member="Saryana Lynae"]

Saryana Lynae

Saryana giggled and followed after him, eager to see what he was so excited about. She didn't usually like surprises, but Will seemed to be an exception to that rule. Anything he surprised her with so far had always been an extreme delight for the young Togruta. She loved nature almost as much as her furry-tailed boyfriend did. She had a feeling she would be in dire need of her datapad where ever it was they were going. [member="William Seraven"]

I continued to nearly drag her behind me, just barely being careful enough to keep her from tripping. After all, there was no need to have her get hurt over it. The run would continue a while with only small breaks to let her rest before we reached out destination. The large glass abode made its purpose obvious, a green house. Walking through the doors, I smiled and showed [member="Saryana Lynae"] the splendor of the area.

All around us, a sea of green, gold, and red would splay out in intricate patterns, all of which was caused by the arrangement of a blood red, five petaled flower. The smell... it was unrivaled. instantly I lost the ability to smell anything but the flowers, but unlike every other time I had been rendered incapable of smelling beyond one thing, this time it was heaven. As if the flowers themselves seemed to look for that which I loved most and created it. The sweet scent begged to bee noticed and the air around us would seem fresher.

I'd been told about the zorren flower, but never had I seen it until now. And only a few days ago had I seen the sign that announced that the greenhouse had been rebuilt. Of course, soon the flowers would be distributed all over Veradune, but for now, this was the only known garden that was being tended to. "Welcome to the Zorren Rose nursery."

Saryana Lynae

"It's so beaufitul..." The Togruta commented, trailing off as she walked around among the flowers. She found a small bench in the middle of the greenhouse and immediately sat down to draw. She had never seen anything quite so pretty before. The young healer was rather curious about the plants as well though. Since she was training to be a healer, she had taken it upon herself to learn all she could about plants with medicinal properties as well. She had a feeling there more to this greenhouse than just being a place of beauty.

"What all do you know about them, Will?" Saryana asked as she continued to draw. [member="William Seraven"]

I smiled and walked over to sit beside her, my tail wrapping around the waist of my Togrutan Girlfriend. "Back when the Tenevi were forced into isolation or hiding from the rest of the galaxy, they relied heavily on it for medicinal purposes. Though its applied quite a bit differently, it acts as a very good substitute to Bacta and they say that just living around the gardens can actually prolong your lifespan a few years. It naturally heals the body."

Even now, I found I had never breathed fresher air. As a boy, I'd thought my parents had been making up tall tales about the zorren rose, only to find out now that they were right. I knew Sary's nose couldn't pick it up quite as well, but with the potency there was no way that she had failed to smell it at all. Of course, that was certainly not a bad thing.

[member="Saryana Lynae"]

Saryana Lynae

"Do you know anything about how it works? Or who I could talk to about possibly studying it?" The Togruta asked. She wasn't even looking at her datapad as she sketched. After so many years of drawing she had very good hand-eye coordination and could draw a scene without looking down at the screen until she was finished. It wasn't always perfect, and she often had to fix at least a few small details, but for the most part she was pretty damn close. [member="William Seraven"]

I smiled and watched her draw. "By what I understand, they stimulate healthy cell growth and act as a sort of preservative." At her other question, I pointed at one of the many healers in the garden. "They'd know more than i do considering they have to grow and tend to it, as well as decide when its used. It used to be used a lot, but until we rejuvenate all the gardens, we're stuck with a limited supply. The bandits loved turning it into a wine it seems..." Just the thought of those barbarians defiling the rose made my blood boil and seethed at the memory of when i had been told that. "They're also something of a symbol, being the sacred flower of the old vitae order."

[member="Saryana Lynae"]

Saryana Lynae

"Do you think they'd let me study it? I mean... I'm not a zorren, and if it's as important as you say they might be a little... hesitant to let me touch it," Saryana seemed afraid to ask any of the nearby healers. For a former dancer the girl was incredibly shy. She continued drawing as she waited for an answer. Maybe she'd get lucky and one of the healers would notice her interest in the plants and approach her. [member="William Seraven"]

I smiled and kissed her cheek. "You don't have to be zorren, you only need to be an official healer or a gardener." I turned to see a gardener who was walked by and tapped her on the shoulder. "Excuse me ma'am, but would it be possible for a person to directly study the roses under the supervision of healing or gardening staff?" Saryana might have been shy or nervous, but I for one, was lucky to not share such inhibitions.

"Well, I suppose it would be possible. Though, for now please refrain from picking any roses without permission." Her tone was polite and while she didn't mention it, it was fairly obvious she knew I was talking about Sary, jsut by the way she glanced between us. What could I saw, I was never given that healer's touch. As far as I was concerned, my job was to stop the enemy before healing would be required.

[member="Saryana Lynae"]

Saryana Lynae

Saryana smiled cheerfully and finished her drawing. She slowly began adding color to it, producing a very accurate, almost photo-realistic rendition of the flower. She opened the drawing in a new app on her datapad. This one allowed her to make notes on a page beside the drawing. She spent a few moments filling it in with things [member="William Seraven"] had mentioned about the flowers, before she began searching for a near by healer or gardener to ask about it.

I chuckled and watched her draw, my head leaning against her shoulder as I watched her draw. Still, it amazed me ho she could place entire worlds flawlessly on that notebook. As she finished I lifted my hand to a passing gardener. "You know, I'm sure they can answer any more questions you might have about the roses."

[member="Saryana Lynae"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom