Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rogues Gallery

Angelbay Station, Tellus IV

It felt good to be finally back in the Empire, Daxton thought to himself as he walked through the crowds lining the walkways on Angelbay Station. For weeks now he had been carefully guiding the Republic Jedi Guards and doing annoying diplomatic work on neutral planets, his fingers were starting to itch. Fortunately, he got word that a major op was on the way soon.

Although his forces were fully trained and ready to go into battle, it never hurt to bring along a few extra friends. The plus side was there were always mercenaries looking to make a few extra credits so he had his contacts spread the word that he was recruiting for a security job.

Word spread fast, and in this part of space many were eager to line their pockets with a few more credits. Entering the quaint bar called The Mailed Fist, Daxton walked to his table and sat down. The bar keep set a bottle of rare Earth Scotch and a packet of dark leaf stim sticks. Pouring himself a glass, Daxton took a sip before lighting the first stick of the day. Blowing rich aromatic smoke out of his nose, he took another sip as he prepared himself for today's business.

Nothing much had changed since his last incursion into Angelbay Station, without counting allegiances and crime lords, non-constant change in that aspect was actually quite unexpected. But oddly enough, Warric wasn't there to know about any of that today. He landed the Tranquillity, and checked all of his weapons were good, he didn't carry much, his customized blaster and vibroblade were all he needed for now.

He got out of his ship, the bay seemed oddly enough without much traffic. Warric, as mindful of things as he was, tried not to pay much attention to it. He pulled out his datapad, checking the information one of his sources around the area had given him. There was a job near, and Warric didn't often bother to check what kind of job it was, unless there was either too much or too little pay.

In short time he arrived at the usual bar, thanks to the Empire it was far from being a wretched hive, good clients, not too much trouble, thanks to the same ruler's penchant for keeping things low profile, just as he liked it.

His contact had been true, as always, the man he was to meet was already there, expecting to start his work just as he was, Warric had learned what type of men did what kind of deals soon enough.

He approached the table, as if nothing happened, knowing anyone could be watching, he smiled at the sight of the man, acting as he if already knew him, he did know about him, as much as one could.

“Good day, sir,”, he began, pulling a cigarette from his pocket, “could I borrow your lighter?” he asked, “I'm Warric, by the way, a ship mechanic from Coruscant said I could do well with talking to you.”

Handing over the lighter, Daxton replied, "Well met Warric. Kyle Malestorm at your service. The fact that you're here means you are interested the job I'm offering."

Pausing summon a fresh pair of glasses from a passing server, Daxton poured generously, and said, "The job is standard merc security work for the Sith to establish security for a site they select. You bring your gear and your crew. Pay is 7,000 Galactic credits per job, standard medical and dental plus you keep 10% of whatever battle loot you can acquire. Plus, their maybe bonuses for exceptional work. Questions?"

He lit up the cigarette, not really expecting the man to be so straightforward, he sat down, grabbed the glass and the liquid did touch his lips, but it wouldn't be any soon that he'd drink.

“I certainly am interested,” he said, after hearing Kyle's words, “the dental plan got me.” He finished with a smirk.

After taking a drag of his cigarette, he pondered what to ask, there were many questions, yes, many that he didn't know Kyle would truthfully answer, the job seemed entirely standard, but that was almost never the case, and bonuses pretty much amounted to not getting killed, which, as far as he knew, was the case with both sides in this war.

“There's a few questions, as explanatory as you were, sir.” He began, “For one, about the gear, what are the chances of any requests I could make in that regard?”, he took another drag of his cigarette, to slow himself down, trying to remember that he had to fix his ship first, instead of buying deathsticks after he was paid.

“And, most important, where is this job, who will I be working with, and who should I expect to shoot if push comes to shove?”

"As freelancers, the gear we get depends on the mission they offer for hire. It depends on the mission profile. At this time, I'm still in talks so its pretty hush hush but I can tell you this. You won't be left hanging in the breeze with both hands on your switzel stick, if that is what you're worried about."

"You'll be working for me, well my company anyway. Malestorm's Mad Dogs, we do security and contract work for whoever offers contracts. Right now the pay is right with the Sith. We fight whoever tries to oppose our contractors, be they Republic, the Mandos, hell we even opposed the Hutt once. We don't go looking for trouble. Our task is to provide security and augment existing forces. If someone comes at us who isn't friendly, I sure as hell will shoot them before they could shoot me. Wouldn't you?"

Warric looked at the table, then back at the man, he wouldn't get the specific answers that he was looking for, but it was something. Of course they'd fight against the Republic and the Mandalorians, after all this war was simply everyone trying to grab whatever they could find, and the Mandalorians in it for the fun, as always.

“True enough, just ain't looking towards fighting jedi without some cortosis on me and heavy firepower, didn't turn out well last time that happened...”

After seconds of consideration, Warric had made his decision, “Alright, I'm in, what do we do now, sir?”, he asked; Warric had no former military experience, but lots of mercenaries did, and he knew how much they liked to throw that word around, as if it truly meant much. But it was always a good idea to get your contractors to like you, or at least not mind you.

"You and me both, I'll see what I can scrounge up, I did score a sweet deal on some top of the line Nexu bikes, so who knows?" Getting that kind of tech meant that his person was well connected with some powerful people in the Sith Military structure which boded well for military operations.

"Get your gear and be at hangar 740 at 1800 hours. The shuttle would depart at in an hour, if you're not there we won't be waiting for you to arrive. Welcome to the Mad Dogs." Daxton offered his hand to seal the deal and pour them one more toast before waiting for his next hire.

Warric frowned at the mention of the equipment, Nexus bikes were some of the most incredible machines he'd ever seen on land, capable of speed and maneuvarability only some would be able to see all the bike gave.

"Works for me." He said, shaking the man's hand, and finally conceding to drinking, after all, he'd most likely done worse things before. Soon after, he departed from the man and went back to his ship, gathering his equipment, his battle armor, which provided as much protection as it could before getting too heavy, cumbersome and noisy; his customized blaster rifle, knife, pistol, concussion grenades and a pack of cigarettes, a distraction, if not for him, for his enemy.

It was around the time Kyle wanted him to be at the hangar 740, trying to see where would he be, and the group of mercenaries probably was the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom