Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Robes of the Warrior - Jedi Guardian Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
guardian_jedi_by_y_a_n-d4lwwxb.jpg
AncientVindicatorPubFemaleClose.png

Intent: To provide a set of heavier armoring for Jedi choosing to follow the Jedi Guardian path.
Development Thread: Ultrachrome Thread
Manufacturer: The Galactic Republic
Model: Robes of the Warrior
Affiliation: The Jedi Order of the Galactic Republic
Modularity: limited to changes in color
Production: Limited. Limited to Jedi Guardians of the Galactic Republic
Material: Ultrachrome, Armorweave
Classification: Heavy Armor, lightsaber resistant, blaster resistant
Weight: 20kg
Quality: 9
Description: With the war with the One Sith building in intensity and the threat of other powers looming in the distance, the Jedi Order has come to accept the fate of its students to be tested upon the battlefield time and time again. While the typical robes of a Jedi were deemed appropriate for standard missions and small scale engagements, the constant clash of Jedi and Vong, or Jedi and Sith, has mandated the need for a heavier armoring for Jedi to use when facing these opponents.

The Jedi Guardians are those Jedi dedicated to the absolute refinement of combat. These Jedi specialize in lightsaber combat, hand-to-hand combat, piloting, and non-conventional forms of combat, as well as have the closest ties to the Galactic Republic Military. As such, these Jedi are often the first to see the front lines of a battlefield. For this reason, the armor that the Galactic Republic has developed for these Jedi is the heaviest variant to date. This armor makes use of the rare material Ultrachrome which provides the armoring necessary to withstand blaster fire and the blow from a Vong's amphistaff. Most importantly, it provides the necessary lightsaber resistance that is needed, as clashes between the fanatical One Sith and Jedi become ever more present on the battlefield.

While the armor provides a great deal of protection, it isn't without its drawbacks. The armor is far heavier than typical robes and, while segmented to provide flexibility, it is far more rigid than what a Jedi typically wears. It is recommended that only Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters wear the armor, as it takes time and training to learn to maneuver in the heavier armor with efficiency. The weight of the armor also means that fatigue sets in faster when wearing but can be offset by conditioning training. As with most armors there are also weak points that can be exploited. The armor segmentation means that joints are particular susceptible to blows and offer less protection than the rest of the suit. The head is protected by an armorweave hood, which can only protect from minor glancing blows of a lightsaber, though if a Jedi prefers they can provide their own armored head wear.

Strengths:
  • Provides excellent protection from blasterfire, lightsaber strikes, and blunt force trauma
  • Is segmented for greater mobility compared to some heavier armors
Weaknesses:
  • Heavier and therefore more tiring to use
  • Weaknesses of most heavy armors (i.e., joints are susceptible to blows)

RESEARCH REVIEW
First and Foremost Your Development Thread isn't 20 posts, which is the norm for Limited Production Restricted Materials.
You do have plenty of Writers for it though

Kian Karr said:
Provides excellent protection from blasterfire, lightsaber strikes, and Vong tech
Why Vong Tech, also Vong Tech covers a huge section of Damage types, virtually all damage types include examples of Vong Tech.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

I wasn't sure how long it would need to be so once it hit 15 I made the sub. We should hit 20 fairly quickly :)

I included it in the list just as an example that this is heavier armor than what Jedi usually wear and should provide protection from strikes of a amphistaff or thud bugs more so than previous armors. Seeing as Jedi on Chaos face Vong-Tech to such a high degree I wanted to indicate that it would be efficient at protecting from attacks from Vong-Tech. I could just edit it to blunt force trauma, which I suppose would cover much of the attacks I'm referencing (i.e., amphistaves and thud bugs) if this is preferred?

Kian Karr said:
I could just edit it to blunt force trauma, which I suppose would cover much of the attacks I'm referencing (i.e., amphistaves and thud bugs) if this is preferred?

That would be preferred. There is so much Vong Tech that trying to list them is near impossible, and leaving it so board makes this loose any weaknesses someone might be capable of exploiting.

Draco Vereen said:
That would be preferred. There is so much Vong Tech that trying to list them is near impossible, and leaving it so board makes this loose any weaknesses someone might be capable of exploiting.
I've changed the description to "blunt force trauma." Now I'm just waiting on the required number of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom