Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roberts Ion Repair Corellia

Nicole Roberts

N
THREAD CLOSED BY AUTHOR

___
Robert's Ion Repair
Macross City, Corellia

She had done it. Nicole had finally saved up enough money to open her own Repair Bay. Now she could finally live the dream that she had always wanted for herself. To become a starship pilot and mechanic.

"...Well? So? What do you think Tom? Swell, ain't she."
"Whoa whoa! Looking good darlin'. You spent top dollar and built yourself a palace in wood and metal. Very nice indeed. Just look at this place. Whoa!"

Tom Calvin was an infamous smuggler, and a good friend of Nicole's. Without his help and illegal portfolio? None of this would have been possible. As such, Nicole invited Tom over for the Open House. It was time to give him the tour.

"I really appreciate your part in all this Tom. I couldn't have done it without you."
"Ahh. Sure you could have. It just would have taken you a bit longer than two years. But you could have done it. I believe in ya. Haha."

Nicole had only graduated from University a short two years ago. Amassing a fortune large enough to build her own Custom Garage had taken time. But now that it was finished? She couldn't wait to get started.

"Have you thought about my offer Tom? You could come work for me and leave all that illegal mess behind?"
"What? And miss out on all that adventure? ...No way! Get outta here. Haha."
"Your such a tyrant. Hehe. But? ...My offer always stands. Anytime you get bored, just wander on over here. We'll get you something. I promise."
"Nah. ...You just promise to stay that pretty little girl I remember when we first met. That will be enough payback for me. Promise."

Nicole and Tom laughed together and wandered into the garage Offices. Brand new rooms without much more than a desk and two chairs to keep it company. It smelled like new wood and all the metal surfaces were clean and shiny. Just how Nicole liked it.

"So? You find anybody to help you run this place yet?"
"Not yet. I'm still talking with Joe's crew over at the Dealership. He promised to jump ship with him and the boys. Heaven knows I could use him."
"Well. It is a small Bay. I doubt you'd be able to handle more than one Ship at a time through here. Why not try contracting out with Killian? I know his garage needs expanding."
"One thing at a time Mr Calvin. First I need the personnel to keep this place running. Then I can worry about how many ships I can fix in one week."
"Sure sure. Your the boss."

Nicole and Tom took a seat in the half-glass room and looked out over the new garage with a sense of pride. It was a classy place indeed. Even for Corellia.

"I've invited a few good friends of mine over after lunch to come tour the place. I hope to create some buzz in certain circles. Maybe inspire some jealousy around the city. Who knows?"
"Ah Nicole. You are a wild one. But I heartily approve of stealing customers and techs from the competition. ...But then again. Stealing has always been a specialty of mine. Heh heh."
"Yes it has. And I doubt that will ever change. ...Are you thinking about having your ship repaired here? I'd give you the family discount?"
"Good heavens. I thought I'd get to park here for free. Haha! ...Only kidding dear. And yes. I can't wait to see my investment in action. Good ol' Nicole. Covered in grease and tar, and working on poor old Foxy. ...Sniff. Brings a tear to this old man's eye."
"Oh. Your such a clown."

Tom's phone rang and decided he needed to depart. Nicole would stay around the Offices and welcome all her guests with glee and lunch foods. It was sure to be a busy afternoon. For everybody.

"See ya later Tom! Stop by again after your next shipment clears! Ta ta! Bye bye!"
"Later darlin'! You be good now! And no more eating those hot peppers neither! Haha."

Nicole waved as Tom wandered out to his air speeder near the curb. Their garage was in a fancy part of town. Brilliant brick walls, lush garden sidewalks, and amber textured rock designs. Top that all off with ornate black-iron lamp posts and blue swirling road signs. This side of the city had more money than sense. And that was just how the 21 year old Nicole Roberts liked it. Sunny and wonderful.

It was the perfect place to spend your first day as a real entrepreneur. Ah. The celebration that was, Corellia.

___
* ooc: a social setting for citizens, smugglers, and grease monkeys. drop by and chat. Nicole even remembered to bring cookies. Aww.

Nicole Roberts

N
___
Chevy's Seaside Bar & Grill

Nicole's Open House had gone splendidly. People came, they ate, they browsed, they complimented, and most importantly they left. Whoosh. Leaving Nicole very happy to be back by herself. The day was now quickly coming to a close and she couldn't spend one more moment entertaining inside her garage. It was time for some nightlife away from here. So, feeling rather glad to have the day behind her, Nicole set out for Seaside Town and her favorite place for Fish & Chips. Chevy's Bar & Grill.

Seaside was a pleasant cobblestone village. Home to merchants, traders, and seamen. Living the country lifestyle off of the oceanic sea-salt economy. The most noticeable features of the town being the overabundance of flags. Goodness there were flags everywhere. Blue and white, red and gold. Flags to mark businesses and flags to mark festivals. There were flags of every size and shape in every house on the block. Chevy's Bar & Grill was no different. From the moment you walked in you where greeted with the sights and sounds of the Sea Captain's lifestyle. Wood, and rope, and baskets hanging from the ceiling. Port holes in the doors and trophy catches nailed above the frame. Arrr. It's the pirates life for me. Haha. At least, thats what Nicole wanted to say anyway. She took a seat at a table near the back.

"Heya sweetheart? What can I get cha'."
"Hello Griggs. ...I'll have the Fish and Chips. With a soda."
"Coming right up!"

Griggs was one of the usual waiters. Tall, clumsy, probably in his mid-twenties, and elvishly thin. And his wardrobe was something that only a teenager would wear. But he was friendly and optimistic to a fault, so Nicole liked the fellow. No matter how many bad jokes he told.

"Here ya go. I'll be back with your food when it's out."
"Thanks Griggs. I really appreciate it."
"Yeah yeah. No prob. ...Long day? You look beat."
"Oh no. Just the usual. ...Just me, being me. I suppose."

"Yeah sure. Anyway, can I get you anything else?"
"Oh nope. All good. Thanks."
"Okay cool. I'll come back over in a bit. I'm on break in ten, anyway."
"Oh, sure. Eating alone. I get it. Hehe."

Griggs smiled and waved himself away. Giving Nicole her first real moment to relax and just do nothing. Sip at her soda and breath in the hot kitchen air. Ahhh. The perfect end to a perfect day.

She looked outside at the night lamps that where gleaming down by the docks. It was getting dark now and the poor girl wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of the night nursing a plate of chips and maybe getting Griggs to drive her home again. Hehe. She could sleep when she was dead. Tonight was all hers.

___
* ooc: changing setting to something more open. *wink*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom