Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech RMM-OEM3 Rorqual Heavy Mining Laser

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault_2.gif

tobias-frank-everspace-mining-laser.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a powerful and efficient mining laser for use in future submissions.
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Mining Laser
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Superheated Plasma
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very High
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Extremely High
  • Stopping Power: None
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • A superheated plasma laser is hyper-focused into a small but efficient, powerful and long-range cutting beam.
  • The laser is used to cut small fragments off of a large asteroid or rock, and then these fragments are gathered and collected by the laser via a tractor beam.
  • The Rorqual can work in any type of environment, whether it be atmospheric, zero-gravity or anything in between.
  • The RMM-OEM3 is able to cut through nearly any type of rock or raw ore in able to create small-enough fragments to efficiently extract from the rock.
  • Tractor beam technologies and siphoning tubes allow for the Rorqual to extract natural gasses and liquids.
STRENGTHS
  • Efficient Miner: The RMM-OEM3 Rorqual is nothing less than perhaps one of the best mining tools on the market. Able to quickly cut and extract fragments of ore, the RMM-OEM3 features highly efficient use of power generated by a starship's main reactor to create a low-level laser beam, designed to cut out small fragments of rock from a planetoid's surface. Once these fragments are cut, a wide-range tractor beam extracts the rocks from zero-gravity back to the mining laser.
  • Versatile: The Rorqual can efficiently extract ores, gasses, and liquids, meaning a more efficient usage of space and power.
WEAKNESSES
  • No Combat Here: Case and point, the RMM-OEM3 cannot be used in combat in any sort of practical manner.
DESCRIPTION
Roble Manufacturing first dive into mining technology, the RMM-OEM3 Rorqual Heavy Mining Laser is designed to be an efficient and powerful industrial tool for large mining barges and frigates. Using a continuous laser beam of superheated plasma, the laser cuts small fragments off of a large asteroid or rock. After being cut away, these fragments are gathered by a wide-range tractor beam, extracting them back to the laser for collection and refinement. When it comes to liquids or gasses, the process is much simpler; the same tractor beam collects the liquid or gas into a siphoning tube, where the substance is then transferred to a storage tank or processor. With long-range, near-infinite cutting time, and the ability to extract ore, gasses, and liquids, the RMM-OEM3 is a vital addition to any mining ship or fleet.

Last edited:
Alban Roble Alban Roble

Solid post here, but I've got one thing to ask before i can approve this. As it sits right now, this is actually 2 points over so if you would be so kind as to bump this down 2 points overall, i can go ahead and slap an approval on this.

Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi

To balance out the two-points over, I think I gave it a very fair weakness - that this is completely useless in combat. With that in mind, I don't think I could ever see this being reported or being 'overpowered' on the boards, despite it technically being two points over. Can you let me know if this is still an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom