Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech RISRS21

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
jakuta_front_by_peterku-d5s0skg.jpg

• Intent: Provide the common issued Sniper Rifle to Republic Remnant forces.
  • Image Source: X [Design created by Peterku]
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Republic Industries (The Republic Remnant)
  • Model: RISRS21 [Republic Industries Sniper Rifle Series-21, often referred to as the 'Old Lady/Man']
  • Affiliation: Republic Remnant
  • Modularity: Yes. [Top and underslug rails for various attachments, collapsible stock]
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel, synthmesh, blaster components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Blaster
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Power Cell/Gas Canister
  • Ammunition Capacity: Power Cell [10], Gas Canister [25]
  • Reload Speed: Average
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Stopping Power: High
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
Strengths:
  • Reliable - The RISRS21 is an incredibly reliable rifle, it can be put through figurative, and literal, hell before suffering malfunctions.
  • Modularity - Thanks to its design, the RISRS21 is fully customable and it isn't uncommon to have each RISRS21 in a regiment completely different from the next as it has been tailored to its shooters' liking.
Weaknesses:
  • Low Power - The power isn't as great as other sniper rifles on the market, it can punch through most body armor and the lightest of vehicle armor depending, of course, on the material composition of the armor, thickness and shot placement.
  • Blaster - As a blaster, it creates a very visible and easily seen shot allowing people to easily trace the shooter's location.
DESCRIPTION
The RISRS21 has been in service with the Republic Remnant since its founding and is a rather old, in terms of military development, rifle. Its reliability, ease of upgrade and cheap cost to produce have let it hold onto its position as the chief sniper rifle of the RR and the desire to find a new rifle, or create one, is fairly low and this is fueled even further by the men and women of the Republic Remnant who consider the old rifle to not 'need fixing'. Its nickname, my Old Lady/Man, came from the soldiers, themselves, who grew attached to the old, reliable rifle often making crude jokes comparing their spouses or parents to the rifle, 'I've been with my old ladies for ten years now, the difference? One of them still looks pretty.'

The rifle is nothing to write home about and is average as far as its stats go, even lagging behind such as in power, however, it is a solid weapon.

Under Review.

[member="Iona Immarya"]

Iona Immarya said:
it canpunch through most body armor and the lightest of vehicle armor.

Overall the sub seems just fine. However with this sentence I would put something like "I may punch through" rather than "it can." Owning to the fact that there are so many different armors and other subs or special materials that specifically block blaster shots it really would depend on the circumstance.

Once that is done I think this will be ready for a secondary.

Thanks!

[member="The Major"] I added on to the end of that sentence: "depending, of course, on the material composition of the armor, thickness and shot placement."

Which will help further extrapolate the weapons limitations based upon what it is going up against. Let me know if that is alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom