Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rising Shadow (Varax Malchor)

Strask stepped out of his Headhunter, confused and wary. A message had been sent to him to come to a mandalorian planet called Aeten II, alone, and with "something worthy of trade". So, of course, he had come, with a shuttle of backup, the Umbra in orbit, and an Alliance Needler Carbine loaded with Spectre-1 coated darts. In the cross-draw holster was his machine pistol, and on his hip was his little fallback KYD. To say he was prepared was an understatement. But an anonymous call, to enemy space, alone, was too good for the Bothan to pass up. He may get them known, perhaps respected, by another government or syndicate. At any rate, this would be fun.

@[member="Varax Malchor"]

Bothans. If there was one species that Varax hated more in the galaxy than any other, it was Bothans. Slimy, egotistical liars, the lot of them. When command had ordered him to eliminate a certain Bothan who was pivotal in the political stability on Bothawui, Varax actually got a sense of grim satisfaction at the prospect. He fabricated a story to get the Bothan to come to Aeten II, a relatively deserted planet only good for the natural resources and crystals produced by the mostly-volcanic environment. He made an offer no Bothan would refuse, keeping it cryptic to ensure the alien's interest. Varax waited with his helmet off inside the cockpit of his JumpMaster 5000, eating his lunch. It wasn't much, but it was food. He parked his ship in a small alcove in the volcanic rock, its black coloration hiding it from prying eyes. Luckily for him, it gave him a vantage point where he could view his target's ship enter orbit.

The coordinates for the rendezvous point were about a half a kilometer from his ship's position, but he didn't want to park his ship too close. In the unlikely event the mission went sour, he wouldn't want his enemy to know the ship model he was piloting. As he savored the last morsel of his lunch, his scanners indicated a ship entering orbit. A Z-95 Headhunter; just what his file said he'd be piloting. Wiping his mouth, Varax hooded himself with the hood of his armorweave suit and affixed his facemask. The heads-up display sprang to life as he got up from the cockpit, heading to the back of the ship where he kept his equipment. He swung his shatter rifle over his shoulder, slid his Dissuader into the holster, and sheathed his freshly sharpened combat blade. This time, however, he had a new piece of equipment just for this mission. He unlocked the big box like a child celebrating an alien holiday, revealing the shiny present inside; a PLX-4 missile launcher. Though it was usually out of character for him to use such an over-the-top weapon, he wasn't going to do much damage to a starship with his rifle. Varax lugged the giant weapon and activated the dock, leaving his ship to head to the rendezvous post. His mission parameters were very clear: make sure the target does not leave the planet. He was determined to make that happen.

The only way Strask Ak'lya was getting off Atten II was in a body bag.

@[member="Strask Ak'lya"]

Knol sat on the Umbra while orbiting the planet. "I do not like this at all. He shouldn't have gone alone. " knol made sure that everything is ready just in case something went wrong. Even though @[member="Strask Ak'lya"] had weapons with him, he shouldn't have gone alone. I had beggee him to let me go with him or just me instead. He took a spectre-1 needler, but that paled in comparison with my disrupter or my incinerator. "Be sure everything is ready and that all scanners are working. If there is one suspicious move by this varax person than I want us on that planet."@[member="Coci Sinopi"] @[member="Animus"]

A body bag would be rather unsuitable for a Viceroy. But Strask knew that he had come to a trap. As the Bothan stepped away from the starfighter, a new ship entered orbit. It was a shuttle, top of the line and heavily armored, which contained a squad of CIS troops, here to ensure that the Viceroy lived. "Strask to Umbra. It would seem our friend is ..... late" He didn't want to say what he knew. The man would be nearby, to hasten his death. But such was not the plan today. "Umbra, see if you can scan for other unregistered vehicles on this planet."
@[member="Varax Malchor"] @[member="Knol Hudorra"]

Varax noticed the Bothan had activated a comms device, so he clicked on his audio pickup device to get a clue to what his target was saying. "Strask to Umbra. It would seem our friend is ..... late. Umbra, see if you can scan for other unregistered vehicles on this planet." Figures that a Bothan wouldn't keep to his word to come alone. Varax wasn't worried about the vehicle scan, his ship had been heavily modified by the techs at the G.I.A. headquarters to make sure it had top-of-the-line jamming equipment, perfect for secretive field work. Suddenly, a second ship began to enter orbit. Varax had no idea what would possibly be on board, but he had a hunch there were reinforcements on board. He sighed, realizing that what he thought would be a simple mission was becoming a total pain in the ass. He tapped into the signal for the Bothan's comms device, ready to send his target a message.

"I told you to come alone," he whispered into the mic, loading a missile into his PLX-4. "This is what deception gets you," he said as he fired off a missile at the incoming shuttle. The projectile impacted directly on one of the shuttle's stabilizers and the vehicle began to spin clumsily through the air. Within moments, the shuttle had crashed into the craggy rock, exploding in a plume of smoke and burnt starship fuel. "That was your first and only warning," Varax exclaimed, a stern tone in his voice. He knew he was taking a risk at this point. If the viceroy had brought reinforcements, there was no telling how many he had brought. One Bothan was an easy target. One shuttle of reinforcements was a minor setback. But an entire contingent of CIS troops? That would be a serious hazard to the stability of the mission. He realized he would have to be more diplomatic with this assassination. He could snipe the Bothan here and now without much trouble, but that would no doubt incite a full-force reaction from whatever reinforcements he had brought with him. It was entirely possible, if he killed him here and now, Varax wouldn't make it out of here.

@[member="Strask Ak'lya"] @[member="Knol Hudorra"]

Not bad for a glorified infantryman. "Hello, there. I guess you don't want the package I had, then. A pity. It was nice." Strask commented, letting out a low chuckle. "Oh, you think I'm that dumb? I've spent my life spying on people more devious than you. Rule one of our profession: always have a way out." He could enjoy this, but he needed to keep the others alive. "Knol, stay up there. Unless you think you can get away with bringing the Umbra lower, you'll get shot down. Depending on how many Mandos have spotted us, the Captain may give us a scolding for that." The opponent's first mistake: the show of force. He now knew where his opponent was, and an approximate distance, as well as the man's rough height. His second? Thinking this was routine. It would be far from. The CIS, from what he had seen, had almost NO "normal" politicians. It made the world quite a fun place.

"We shall see, Bothan," Varax retorted, cutting off the communication. He doubted intimidation would get the better of his target. Varax had no illusions that politics weren't full of their fair share of intimidation tactics. Beyond that, the viceroy was witty, he'd give him that. This wasn't a stupid Bothan that was easily blinded by greed and the opportunity for a quick buck. He had no doubts that he'd already guessed his location from the missile trail, but the cover of the craggy hills would provide him enough cover for him to make a stealthy escape. He shouldered the missile launcher and made his way up the hill, being careful to stay out of sight of his target. If he was going to take the scum out, he was going to need to do so quietly and carefully. It was time for Plan B.
@[member="Knol Hudorra"]

Strask needed to move, but he didn't want to leave his ship. He needed somewhere that he could watch the Z-95 and stay out of sight from @[member="Varax Malchor"]. But where? Looking over his surroundings, the bothan's mind raced. The ridge wouldn't do, it was too short. Take off and hope for the best? Too risky. The only other option: a series of caves, probably for mining, were within walking distance. "Did we ever get those mining rights?" He asked idly into the comlink. Anyone in the caves would probably ask for it, but he wouldn't need it. He wasn't expecting anyone.
@[member="Knol Hudorra"]

"Does it matter at this point? I'm watching your ship, so feel free to get to a safer location. Just remember, one word and I'll he there to decimate whatever you need me to. I am not losing a friend today, so remember to be safe. I'll have that scan done in a sec" knol ran a scan and couldn't find a signal at all in the area, but he knew the shooter of that rocket couldn't have gotten far or fast with it. He must have some kind of vehicle unless he was very close already. "No ship on the scanners. I trust that you found the shooter's location after he shot down the ship, and by the rocket he has there is no way he could have walked a long distance. You should have let me gone with you; it is getting risky and I will not stand by and watch you get blown to bothan bits." If it had been Knol on the ground it would have been an immediate act of combat. "Don't go easy on him, if I were you I would be looking to put that guy into an early grave. Diplomacy has been lost with that rocket shot and now someone is going to lose their life, make sure it isn't you." Knol went to looking for a spot to safe enough to go down to the planet. he had to make sure he was far enough away to have a safe spotbut close enough to get there in time. It looks like there was a clearing but it was four miles from @[member="Strask Ak'lya"]. Mandalorians are good shots so he couldn't risk getting any closer. "I've found an opening four miles from your location. That should be far enough away to get down theresafely, so if you want me to I can leave the umbra and be there in fourty-five minutes."

"Negitive, Knol. He'll shoot down the Thantros if you get nearby, and there won't be enough cover between us. Based on the distance he set up, he's going to have a sniper." Assuming that the man could no longer see him in the caves, he would be safe. "Have they spotted us yet?"
@[member="Knol Hudorra"] @[member="Varax Malchor"]

"Doesn't look like they have, @[member="Strask Ak'lya"]. Alright whatever you say but be safe, I couldn't bare losing my best friend while being close enough to help."

@[member="Varax Malchor"]

His target was on the move. Varax made it his imperative to pursue him, but not before he made a quick stop by his ship on his way. Opening the ramp, he walked into the hangar and tossed the missile launcher to the floor. He was a fair bit angry that the mission had become so complicated, but he had a backup plan. Misdirection was the key to any good assassin. Without such a valuable asset, mishaps such as these would mean the assassin would be unable to do their job. A good assassin, a true assassin, was adaptable; ready for whatever deus ex machina the galaxy threw at him. Varax fiddled with the controls of his ship. The Carnifex was a fast girl, but she could be very clunky at times; mostly because her model was so damn old. A few calculations and button presses later and the ship began to start up, hovering slowly off the ground as the ramp began to close. With that, Varax quickly ran and dove out of the ship.

As he slid onto the dirt of the rocky outcrop, his ship flew off into the atmosphere. He had set it to autopilot and was confident its sophisticated upgrades from the G.I.A. would be enough to convince whoever was monitoring that the assassin was going off-world, abandoning the mission. With any luck, they would follow him into the asteroid belt he'd set the coordinates for. His ship would wait there until he activated his homing beacon for the ship to return, which he'd only do after the target had been eliminated. With that, he shouldered his rifle and began his hunt for the viceroy.

@[member="Knol Hudorra"]

Strask sighed. With any luck, in the dark, quiet caves, he would be able to take out his target before he could be hit. But luck was fickle, and relying on it would be as foolish as hoping not to get bothan nether rot on an infected ship going from Byss to Bothawui. Still, hiding deep in the cave system, that was what it would come down to. Unfortunately. Hiding from someone who wanted his head. Oh, this was just like old times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom