Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[member="Ordo"]

Mandal Hypernautics had been making civilian and military grade spaceships for hundreds of years. They had only been doing so under the leadership of Rygel Larraq for less than six. But in that time, the company had grown and had spread its name throughout the stars. They had played a part in massively up-arming the Mandalorian Navy, and continue to up-arm the Mandalorian war-machine on a daily basis. Mandal Hypernautics had grown into a proud corporation with strong ties to its nation. In many ways, it was considered a National Treasure. A 'resource' if you will.

Rygel Larraq was proud of the company he had built up, and he was proud of the products he created for his people. But every now and then, one of their older products caught his eye... and failed to live up to his current standards.

The Cabur Starfighter was chief in this regard. The light, multi-role craft was fast, flexible, and reliable. But the lack of Hyperdrives was constantly proving to hinder the sales of the craft and turn the eyes and wallets of potential customers in other directions. Not to mention the cheap alternative stealth options that had been utilized in the craft's construction. The thing would need a total overhaul.

Eventually.

But for now, Larraq had an idea on how to quickly correct the earlier oversights in the ship's design. In the process, he could even help improve the reliability of the Beskad Elite Starfighters that Mandal Hypernautics was struggling to sell.

[member="Ordo"]

Knowing that the best solution was the simplest, Larraq flipped through online catalogs for existing Hyperdrive units. He knew of several companies that produced the expensive components, but what he needed was special. He needed something extremely light, yet extremely powerful. It was not long before his eyes rested upon the 500 Series Hyperdrives offered by MandalTech. He knew instantly that they were perfect for the project at hand.

He would need six of the powerful engines for each of what he was building.

A ring. A simple, reliable, secondary unit to sell to customers of his Cabur Starfighter and Beskad Starfighter. Not to mention the dozens of other starfighters on the market that lack hyperdrives. The ring would connect with a wide range of starfighters and serve as the vehicle's Hyperdrive until the starfighter undocks with the ring and carries on with its business.

The concept was an old one. But it had fallen into disuse in recent years and Rygel Larraq was keen to capitalize on that shortcoming.

[member="Ordo"]

With the pressing of a handful of buttons, Rygel Larraq found himself waiting on hold with MandalTech's sales department. He leaned back in his chair and poured himself a drink. He held the glass in his hand, staring at it as his feet were propped upon the corner of his desk and Larraq pondered the potential sales figures for this project. If they were anything like what he anticipated, he could find himself needing a very steady supply of Hyperdrive Engines.

Larraq sipped at his drink as his eyes found their way back to the Holo-communicator that took a central place in his office. "This is Rygel Larraq of Mandal Hypernautics." He said when his call was finally answered. "I would like to negotiate a considerable purchase with the possibility of long-term supply contracts. You might want to transfer me to your supervisor."

[member="Captain Larraq"]

Ordo sat at a large work bench working on a prototype for satellite relay sensor when the sales manager came in. A comlink and datapad in his hands as he spoke into an earbud with throat mic.

"One moment please Sir, our VP of sales is not in today I am getting you to our...Plant Manager." the man muted the comlink and handed the datapad, "Rygel Larraq of Mandal Hypernautics wants to negotiate a purchase, Sir."

"My name isn't sir, chief." Ordo said not looking up from the relay,

"My name isn't chief, Sir." The man said.

"Fair enough, patch it through to my HUD comlink." Ordo relied.

"Right away," The man pushed a button on his hand held comlink. "Mr. Larraq, here is our head of R&D and Production."

"Captian Larraq, this is Mr. Ar'klim what can I do for you, today?" Ordo said over his helmet's HUD comlink.

[member="Ordo"]

"Mandal Hypernautics would like to secure a steady supply of MandalTech's 500 Series Hyperdrives scaled for use on Starfighters." Rygel Larraq said simply as he brought the glass to his lips and sipped away at the amber liquid within. "We have a new project in development that... should it pan out, will spark a new generation of advancements in starfighter combat performance." Larraq said before taking another sip and flipping through the files on his desk. "We're looking to reduce the total weight and drag of a starfighter by mounting a hyperdrive unit externally on a separate and detachable unit. The end goal is to drastically increase to speed or weapon complement of a starfighter designed to lack a hyperdrive, allowing Mandalorian assets to out-perform their Republic or Sith counterparts... yet also to allow them the option of hyperspace travel by connecting to... a stationary ring containing six of your 500 Series Hyperdrives." Larraq took another sip and then smiled. "And if what I'm reading about your hyperdrive is true, our ships will be able to outperform their Republic and Sith counterparts in hyperspace transit time as well."

[member="Captain Larraq"]

Ordo leaned forward and thought about what he was hearing. He could potentially be either contributing to a waste of resources or a breakthrough for fighter development for his people. He took very little time to coconsider it. If it meant superiority for Mandalorian pilots how could he say no.

"Mr. Larraq, how soon would a working prototype be ready if we shipped you what we have in stock and set up a line for you later this month?" He asked seriously.

He would want to see the fighter advancement as well as soon as he could.

"And how soon after do you project arming the Vode with the design?"

[member="Ordo"]

"The design is nearly complete. We simply need to review the power and processor requirements of the engines themselves and ensure that the engines do not cause interference with one another during hyperspace transit. Realistically, we're looking at a few days of initial design followed by a few weeks of further testing... for safety. And while we have factories on Adumar and Taris that can begin producing units within the week, I'd rather give it a month of testing before we start manufacturing these things." Rygel Larraq said as he flipped through the files on his desk. "We can have the first prototypes completed within two weeks... and... Unless we have to deal with hyperspace resonance interference, I think we can have the first shipments out the door within two months."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom