Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ring of Sight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: Create A Personalized Ring

Image Source:

https://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Stainless-Embossed-Dragon-Crystal/dp/B015OJI0K8/ref=br_lf_m_9c4ckcqv2bab9rw_img?_encoding=UTF8&s=jewelry

Found on Amazon.com (Goth Rings: Amazon.com)

Canon Link: N/A

Restricted Missions: N/A

Primary Source: Shadow Vision

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Count Marlow Venjuta

Model: N/A

Affiliation: Count Marlow Venjuta

Modularity: No

Production: Unique

Material:

Alchemized Songsteel
Black Corusca Gem

SPECIAL FEATURES

Shadow Vision
Waves of Darkness

Strengths:

Seeing the Unseen: The ability known as Shadow Vision grants the wearer low-light vision, enabling them to see concealed individuals. However, the ability only lasted fifteen minutes.

Tough as Nails: The ring is nearly indestructible from physical attacks.

Force Power Enhancement: When activated, the wearer is granted a one-time use of an empowered Dark Side ability; which in this case it would be Waves of Darkness. Upon using the ability, the Waves of Darkness resorts back to the wearer's strength in the Force. However, there is a limit on to how long the ability can be used, which is five minutes.

Weaknesses:

Lightside Rival: Because the ring is a by-product of Dark Side alchemy, it's highly vulnerable to Light Side attacks; mainly Force Light.

Force Energy Sap: The ring lies dormant (meaning the Shadow Vision is not available in this state) , until activated by a single word. Upon activated, there is a five-minute delay before the wearer suffers a reasonable decrease in Force energy for a maximum time of fifteen minutes.

Voidstone and Ysalamiri Field: Voidstones decrease it's ability, meaning the wearer can see those concealed through the Force such as Force Cloak but only in glimpses and slightly weakens the heightened Waves of Darkness. It is completely useless in Ysalamiri fields.

DESCRIPTION

Before it was created, Count Marlow Venjuta had to spend a substantial amount of credits to obtain the Corusca Gem; which was turned to black after the alchemy ritual and even more credits to have the ring forged from songsteel; then even more credits to have the gem set properly into the ring band. Through three days of strenuous mental concentration, the ring was finally constructed. The ring's two main function is to detect individuals concealing themselves through the Force and heightening the strength of Waves of Darkness. However, it cannot detect those masking their Force signature.

Netherworld

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Netherworld

[member="Count Marlow Venjuta"]

Count Marlow Venjuta said:
Seeing the Unseen: The ability known as Shadow Vision grants the wearer low-light vision, enabling them to see concealed individuals and those rendered invisible, including those utilizing stealth field generators.
  • Compare this to its Wookeepedia page, which states the following:
    Users of the ability could use the Force to gain low-light vision, allowing them to ignore the concealment (but not total concealment) of darkness. This only lasts a short period of time.
  • This is the source:
    a3d96af4c79cd7187ce1338a8c063623.png
  • Please remove the ability to see through invisibility and stealth-field generators. This power would only grant you the ability to see in low lit situations and to better see individuals using the darkness to conceal themselves.
  • Since it's created through alchemy, I'm willing to okay the fact that it would be an effect of a longer-lasting nature, but it still can't last forever. Give it a limit, please.
Force Power Enhancement: When activated, the wearer is granted a temporarily influx of power to any Dark Side ability; but the effect lasts for only a one-time use, after which the wearer's power is returned to it's normal standard.
Force Energy Sap: The ring lies dormant, until activated by a single word. Upon activated, the wearer suffers a reasonable decrease in Force energy for a maximum time of ten minutes.
  • Firstly, the above Strength and bottom Weakness contradict each other. On the one hand you state it grants a temporary influx of power, on the other, that it decreases Force energy. Clear up this confusion.
  • Furthermore, "any" Darkside ability is too vague. Additionally, you contradict yourself again:
    The ring's only function is to detect individuals concealing themselves
  • This is false. The ring also grants additional power upon activation. Please decide which specific Dark sided ability that power boost is granted to upon activation.
  • I'd also like to know what it means for the ring to lie "dormant". Does this mean its Shadow vision power is unavailable in that state? Clarify this.

Netherworld

[member="Count Marlow Venjuta"]

Force Power Enhancement: When activated, the wearer is granted a one-time use of an empowered Dark Side ability; which in this case it would be Waves of Darkness. Upon using the ability, the Waves of Darkness resorts back to the wearer's strength in the Force. However, there is a limit on to how long the ability can be used, which is five minutes.
  • My concern here is this:
    The wearer activates the ring, uses "empowered" Waves of Darkness for five minutes, then deactivates and activates the ring again, gaining yet another use of the "empowered" Waves of Darkness, ad infinitum.
  • Please come up with a way to prevent this. I'm leaning most towards the empowered waves being a one-time use only, to be used as a last resort. I am, however, open to other suggestions, if they provide enough balance to the item.

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
[member="Netherworld"]

As I looked back on my character's species, this submission will not benefit him since he already possesses natural night vision. Thank you however for judging this sub so far, giving me a better understanding for future subs of this nature. Sorry for wasting your time, and please archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom