Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Rhun Black Iron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: None
Intent: To create a unique mineral resource for my future submitted world of Rhun, the only location this metal is found
Development Thread: If Necesarry
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Empire of Rhun
Modularity: No
Production: Production: Limited (Limted to Rhun)
Material: Black Iron...
Description:

Black Iron is a unique mineral found only on the outer rim world of Rhun, where it is under exclusive monopoly and protection by it's empire. It is somewhat similar in nature to beskar, having a somewhat heavier weight, and a similar durability. The actual resistance of the metal to energy and such is on par with Turadium, resistant though not completely repellant to lightsabers. Either way it gives the wielder at least a fighting chance against a lightsaber wielder

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"] So since this is a poor man's Beskar what kind of drawbacks or weaknesses does it have. You stated its strength is between Beskar and Durasteel, Would yo say this is along the lines of Imperivium or more towards the lower end like Alusteel or quadranium?

I'd say quadranium is the closest equivalant mineral. Also, unlike beskar, Black Iron, unless forged perfectly, cannot stand up for extended periods against a lightsaber, it will melt.

[member="Reshmar"]

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"]

the magic word was quadranium... lol I was just trying to gauge if this needed any development.
Looks good. at limited who will be using it? can you make a note about is being limited to the Rhun out beside the limited production field, I know it is in the description but it is just easier for people to know at a glance when they look to see the production level of a thing :)

With that it will be good to go.

Valentinian Alexandrus III said:
It also retains the beskar's ability to repel lightsabers, perhaps's it's most useful feature.

Valentinian Alexandrus III said:
It falls somewhere between durasteel and beskar in term's of it's actual toughness,
These two statements contradict the other. Unless this material is up with Phrik, Beskar, and Cortosis in the energy resistant region of durability, this metal shouldn't be able to repel lightsabers to the same degree as restricted materials. If you would like to retain the ability to resist lightsabers in the same manner as beskar, phrik, and so on, then I will need a lengthy development thread to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom