Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Returning Home

Outfit: Jedi Robes
Tags: Open

It had been a week or so after Master Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had suggested that the Jedi Knights of the NJO go on a pilgrimage of the Jedi Temples and find their purpose in life. Dreidi had been interested in the idea, formulating ideas and where she wanted to start, what she was seeking out in general. There was much about her connection to the Force that she sought to understand, much of her life that she wished to gain insight and guidance on. She was a Jedi Knight now and she figured that would be a dream come true. While it had been one of her proudest days, the realisation of not knowing where she wanted to go next, nor did she understand how to achieve her next step had Dreidi terrified. She needed to figure out what her path was going to be, how she was going to progress forward both as a Witch of Dathomir as well as a Jedi, to attempt to grow so that she could become a Witch Elder and Jedi Master.

So, where else to begin than Kashyyyk. The place she was born. The planet that she first called home. The place where she began her path as a Jedi. And it made sense for her to visit the tomb of her father while she there on Kashyyyk. She had not visited since she left his funeral, a day that lingered in her mind. She had let her emotions take charge, she was a child and lost her father, her closest family member to the Sith. She could not recognise that her father had lost himself several years before that moment. It was harder still for her to accept that she was close to the same age as he had been as a Jedi Knight. How had he coped with such changes? Would he even be there to talk to her? The only communication she had with her father was when the CIS travelled into the Nether, there she met her father and actually held a conversation with him. It was another treasured memory.

When she arrived on Kashyyyk, it was odd. The place looked nothing like she remembered, yet there was a comforting feeling of home. All alien yet deeply familiar.

Wandering through the Silver Rest, Dreidi only gave small pleasantries as she knew where she needed to start her journey at and did not wish to waste time. Especially since few would remember ever being a member of the Silver Jedi since she ran off to the CIS not long into her training as a Jedi. Dreidi found herself at the tomb of Jedi, locating her father's. She cleaned the tomb and ensured it looked as neat as the others around. She knew that few visited his grave, her mother was gone as far as Dreidi knew and her siblings were all busy with their own lives. In fact Dreidi was no better as she had not visited due to being busy with her own things. This was the first time she even thought about it. Sitting at the foot of the tomb, Dreidi inhaled deeply then sighed.

"Hey dad."

Looking around, this all felt silly in some way but also needed. "So, I made Jedi Knight finally. Asaraa was a great mentor, busy with her daughter and such but yeah. Oh, I guess that means you're also a grandfather, so congrats on that. Kristyl is really great. I tried being an aunt but likely more a big sister figure, not that I minded that at all." Dreidi chuckled softly as she thought about Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe and Kristyl Arenais curious what her father would have been like with them. Would he have been as great a grandfather as he had been a father?

"Not just made Jedi Knight, also a Witch. Can use Magick pretty good nowadays, figured that you would interested in that as well. It has been interesting exploring all that. Not sure if you would know if either of your parents had been from Dathomir to explain my connection to Magick but it has been a journey that I am enjoying. Allows me to handle my emotions healthy and not surrender to the Dark Side, which I feared would happened when I discovered I was naturally gifted with Force Scream and Bellow. But, been able to control those skills so I don't use them any more." It was a strong step for Dreidi to acknowledge there was a darkness in her but it was one controlled, not ignored but managed productively.

"Now I am doing this pilgrimage that a Jedi Master in the New Jedi Order recommended to the new Jedi Knights. Now that we are entering a era of relative peace, it was time for Jedi Knights to explore the galaxy and discover who they were outside the warrior mindset that we had been in for so long. Think that was gist of what was said. So, here I am, the planet where my journey started, hoping to gain some kind of wisdom or insight in how to start the next path. I still want to be a Jedi Master, not sure I could lead an Order like you and mother did. So I might let you down in that regard."

You could never let me down darling, the wind spoke in her father's tone. Her head whipped around to see if she could see him but there was nothing around her. She knew it had been him for certain but it seemed that he was not able to physically be seen by her yet.

"Glad you say that. Do you have any wisdom to share with me on where to go next?" Dreidi looked around and asked the open space, hoping for an answer.

Follow your heart, you have always been a determined, strong person Dreidi, chase your dreams. Do what you want to do, achieve the goals you want to achieve. Be the Jedi and person you want to be and I will always be proud of you for that. Yuroic's voice echoed around her once more and Dreidi could feel a warm embrace around her.

I love you my daughter, and I look forward to seeing what Jedi Knight you will be. His voice a whisper in her ear before the warm embrace slowly faded away and Dreidi knew he was gone once again.

Wiping a tear away from her cheek as Dreidi let his words linger in her mind once more. Follow her heart... What did her heart want next? Tython? Ahch-To? See what knowledge the older temples held? Perhaps, for now she thought it would do her good to look around Kashyyyk and see what had changed around here. Perhaps that would lead her to where next and her heart did not want to leave quite yet. Moving from her cramped sitting position, Dreidi wandered back to the upper levels of the Silver Rest and wandered around the halls looking for an archive or library to explore. That was usually a point where knowledge and insight could be sought out, especially if she was looking to travel.

Untitled700_20230423181757.png

Objective: Exploring
Tag: Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

sph2cjc_Red_furred_gorilla_swinging_on_trees_on_kashykk_photore_c2eb93b0-4df4-4559-9daf-cae4f009e7da.png
Kashykk had always been one of my favourite planets, you could travel for a thousand miles and see nothing but forests and maybe the occasional wookiee village. The wookiees were good people that lived alongside their beautiful planet. They taught me how to use my alchemised blades last time I was her and I had just finished helping lead a hunt with some of their children.

The branches creaked as I swung from one vine to another, my long red haired arms were perfect for this environment,
even if the species I was mimicing was not a native species. Silver's rest was up ahead, I could stop there and grab some food and maybe take a nap, I had been up since before dawn with the hunt and I was beginning to feel tired.

What is that? I thought to myself as a spotted some movement in the upper levels of the rest. I let go of my vine and my ginger form barrelled though the air towards a nearby tree, hitting it with a thud before quickly scampering downward. I hadnt run into the Silver's for a little while, it might be nice to check in with them. The last jump from my tree down to the roof was a dozen or so metres and i landed with a loud bang on the structure before standing and heading to wear I saw movement. I think I smelled magik, but that could have just been the swamp after all. The taste in the air got stronger as I approached whomever it was and I quickly shifted back into my humanoid form, this form was less intimidating than the 400lb primate I had just been shaped into, but I made sure to have my Ryyk blades to hand just in case. "Hey, anyone there?" I called out before spotting the witchy looking woman wandering around. She had probably noticed me know so I could just approach. "Your not a silver right? You look like a witch." The term was blunt but completely without judgement, the dathomiri were some of the most nature sensitive peoples I had ever come across, even if they sometimes went a bit dark for my tastes. ​

Tags: Open

Dreidi had barely made the first few steps towards the library when she noticed someone approaching, it was strange to be called out for appearing to be a witch. Her attire was her Jedi robes, however, her arms were adorned with tattoos that one could associate more with the Nightsisters and witches on Dathomir. It wasn't an issue, she just smirked and shrugged her shoulder, there was no need for Dreidi to danger or threatened by this stranger who did not seem to have the appearance of a Jedi either.

"I am a witch. I am also a Jedi Knight." Dreidi stated. Her gaze looked out to the massive forestland that Kashyyyk held. Somewhere out there was her old family home. It was likely several states of ruin and retaken by the wildlife of Kashyyyk.

It was a shame that her childhood home was likely covered in cobwebs and probably housed one or two dangerous animals. Looking away from the view of the trees and forest life, Dreidi looked over to the stranger. "I'm Dreidi Xeraic by the way." Figuring that she should introduce herself.

"I am guessing that you aren't a Jedi from here either?" Dreidi nodded towards the blades, not the traditional weapons of a Jedi who used Lightsabers.

I smiled at Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic as she introduced herself, but she kept looking wistfully out into the forest as if she was longing for something.

"I am guessing that you aren't a Jedi from here either?"

I felt her eyes look to me, and then to the blades that I had in my hands, held ready just in case. The witch was unarmed and I suddenly felt like she might see me as an aggressor, that would be clumsy of me. "Oh yeah, right..." I put my blades away quickly. "I'm Gweneth Zarari. No, not a Jedi, not really sure what you would call me, someone used druid before?"

I walked up closer to the other woman and looked out across the forest trying to see what her eyes were tracing. I had been out there most of the day and hadn't really spotted anything unusual, and now I was curious, but she quickly returned her gaze to me. I kept looking, I thought maybe she might pick up on my own curiosity. "I like it here, Kashykk is pretty, and I get on pretty well with the wookiees, what brings you here?" My tail lashed lazily behind me and I grabbed it into my hand to keep it from misbehaving, there wasn't a lot of sentient species with full tails, and some people found it strange, but I had a feeling that the woman I had met could handle strange.

"A jedi and a witch? Hows that work out?" I asked with a slight bit of amusement, Jedi were alright, some of them had a tendency to be judgemental if people that followed different paths.

Tags: Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

Druid? It was a curious term but it wasn't a bad thing. Learning about Magick and how the witches of Dathomir see it all differently to how Jedi and Sith view the Force. It allowed Dreidi to realise that the Force wasn't as simple to define as others saw it. It was something mystical, so being a druid and in touch with nature through it, that didn't feel nearly as strange or random as it could for others. "Druid sounds like an interesting life to lead."

Leaning on the railing, Dreidi looked over to the other woman. "Kashyyyk was always a pleasant place to call home. The Shadowlands weren't exactly ideal place for a child but the upper lands in the treetops, with the other Jedi and the Wookiees," Dreidi sighed wistfully, remembering those days fondly. "Those were good times, I am glad that the Wookiees are treating you with the same kindness." Dreidi stated softly.

"I was visiting my father. Hoping for some guidance on the next path as a Jedi." Dreidi stated honestly, noting the tail the other woman had but seemingly unfazed by it, due to the fact her own mother had a tail and similar to herself in canine features, seeing tails was not that weird to her. "It isn't an easy balance. Magick is connected to emotions, to things that the Jedi would say were paths to the Dark Side. But it is using them in balance that I have found peace and harmony between the two ideals."

"Yeah, the wookiees are cool, they taught me how to fight after I got involved in this whole thing involving one of their young and a giant reptile." I laughed, apparently it was a big deal fighting to defend their young, as if it was more than just the right thing to do.

I nodded I response to her assessment of the shadow lands, it was dangerous down there, fun to explore if you had an escape plan but you could so easily find yourself turned around or staring down the jaws of a swamp rancor or worse. The witch continued, talking about the Jedi and their concern about emotions leading to the dark side. I gave a dismissive shake of the head and an eye roll. "I think that's why I would struggle as a Jedi, if they don't value emotions and attachments, why would they throw down their lives to defend people in their Alliance?" I added an just casually shrugged, I didn't really care what they thought, the Jedi were good people, just a bit blinkered in their approach to some things.

I paced a little at the edge of the balcony we stood on and had a thought, I looked Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic up and down, thinking about her size, she was a lightly built woman. Why not? I figured, I came here to explore after all. "Your dad? Does he live at the rest or somewhere else? Have you already seen him? I can fly us there... if you want?" I raised my hand and shifted the end of it into what looked like a wingtip, just to be clear. She probably had her own means of transport anyway, but it might be fun to explore together.​

"Trandoshan?" Dreidi asked, she was surprised a Trandoshan would jump back into hunting Wookiees while the Jedi were still technically in the area, was their presence that unimportant, that insignificant that the Trandoshans jump straight back into their old ways of hunting Wookiees and attempting to take slaves. She truly hoped that was not the case, otherwise there were going to be a lot of other cases of returning to previous injustices that had been outlawed and prevented.

Dreidi shook her head, "it isn't the lack of attachments or appreciation of them. Many of the top Jedi of our time currently are married or in long term relationships. It is the willingness to let go. To not bind yourself so tightly that the idea of losing that person or people is so unimaginable that you fall victim to the Dark Side." Dreidi knew that attachments were seen differently. "Emotions are harder, they are something Jedi view as in need of self control and assuring that one does not fall victim to emotions being manipulated or preyed upon by others."

"At least that is how I am seeing things from the Jedi perspective currently. As a witch, all emotions are important to express freely and openly, reducing your emotions or world view limits one's ability to access Magick." She added.

Looking at the path she came from, she smiled then gave a soft chuckle before she responded to Gweneth's kind offer. "My father passed long ago, I was visiting his crypt here on Kashyyyk. A Jedi might argue that he is still here and that he is all around us as he lives on through the Force so you don't need to fly me anywhere." Dreidi sighed, a little sad thinking on her father's passing, it was never easy but it wasn't as painful, "but I appreciate the offer. Only thing around here that would be left would be my childhood home, though the condition of that place would not be good. Has been over a decade since it was last lived in. Now belongs to the wilds of Kashyyyk."

"Trandoshan?"

I raised an eyebrow, confused by this question, then it dawned on me, the comment about the giant lizard. "Oh spirits no, just a regular big lizard, not sentient. The kid was just in the wrong place and the lizard was hungry." I laughed, I remembered that day, I managed to rescue the kid from a very dissapointed lizard and also managed to save the lizard from some very angry wookiees.

"I don't know much about magick, but I think I know what you mean. I take strength from nature and nature is raw, it feels what it needs to and that's it." I considered too what she said about her father's force ghost. I wasn't sure what I believed, or even what I would want in that situation, my only hope was that I died in a place where I could be returned to the ground and to nature, to feed the next generations of whatever life I might become.

Has been over a decade since it was last lived in. Now belongs to the wilds of Kashyyyk

"As is the way on planets like this" I laughed "Aren't you curious what Kashyyyk went and did to your home?" I drummed my nails on the railing and leaned back on it playing with my tail, I was still trying to work out my own place in the force, I knew I probably wasn't a Jedi, but it was worth exploring. "So you're a witch huh? How easy is it to learn all that stuff then? I can use the force but I've never had any proper training." I smiled and thought about a few of the other chaldeans, they could teach me glamours and minor tricks, but none of the really good stuff.​

Dreidi nodded her head and relaxed at the mention of it being a lizard likely native to the world. "That is a relief, I feared the Trandoshans had returned swiftly to their old ways of hunting and enslaving the Wookiees." She admitted as she leaned on the railings. Hearing Gweneth talk about nature, she nodded her head, to Dreidi it sounded similar to how some would describe the Living Force, how they found there was a balance between the darkness and the Light. That there was never one without the other.

Thinking about whether she wanted to visit her childhood home, Dreidi shrugged her shoulders, "I figured it would be infested with Wyyyschokk by now, would not be keen on facing those things." Dreidi chuckled as a shiver ran through her body at the thought of facing the giant spiders that were found all over Kashyyyk. "But I wouldn't be against it I suppose, there were a lot of good memories made there. My father would often bake us cookies and treats, part of his way to fight of his illness I think."

"Yeah, been trained by a witch of Dathomir in their ways of Magick. It was difficult training at first, took me awhile to adjust and open myself to the Magick but I have gotten better, I know have skills of some merit now." Dreidi stated as she smiled, proud of being able to give herself a compliment and not downplay her own skills. "Learning to use the Force can be a long journey, I recommend seeking out training if it is something you wish to pursue, the New Jedi Order have a large variety of Jedi and training options. Can always check them out."

Standing straight, she stretched her body, "probably best for you to seek someone not on Coruscant though. Since that planet is very lacking in nature." Dreidi warned, she didn't want Gweneth to arrive at the temple on Coruscant and hate her time there, that would be unfortunate in her mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom