Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return/Infiltration of Kaeshana

[member="Tempest"]

Touching down the freighter she had use of for the time being, Azirly had the passing curiosity of whether she ought to leave the ship in standby instead of shutting it off in case someone noticed something were amiss. Not that she was aiming to cause any trouble, just yet at least. However, she felt somewhat concerned about what might happen if one of her fellow Eldorai detected she wasn't quite who she used to be. Especially if that Eldorai happened to be a force user.

After all, she was a machine now. At least mostly? Archangel had swore they had ensured the transfer of her essence was perfect during the entechment process. She remembered waking up afterwards, and the directors and others had said a force user working with the company had verified the entechment process worked correctly in that regard. She trusted them on that. It had to be true, and since it was she owed the Archangel group so much. Their offer to grant her this powerful mechanical body, immortal and superior to her old flesh organic form, was so incredible and generous.

Azirly had no doubts she was firmly indebted to Archangel since the one representative she had ran into in that bar not so long ago had listened to her tale and offered to help her. They had made her strong enough so she might return and do something, and that she could work towards bringing her race into true ascension in the Age of Steel. Truly it had to be the goddesses wish for it to be. This was certainly a gift for anyone, especially the Eldorai who couldn't use the force. She would attempt to enter into the Firemane company to gain acceptance so she could begin to properly do the work needed to bring about the glorious evolution of her people.

Of course, Azirly's current mind was unaware of having her fierce belief and loyalty programmed into her since becoming a Human Replica Droid. Well Eldorai Replica Droid technically. Her organic mind and essence believing in Archangel's cause without a shadow of a doubt and unaware it was not her own will. Nor that her entechment had been more forced than offered either, or that there was another, more logical and pure side of her that could and would take over in moments her organic persona might accidentally deviate or cause overt inefficiency.

Returning to the current events though, Azirly opted to fully put the ship down. She was an Eldorai, no different than before. Her body was just superior now and her mind more capable of knowledge, but she was still herself after all. She believed in Archangel that her soul truly resided within her mechanical figure now. The force users on kaeshana and within the Firemane company would sense that. The only thing she would likely have to watch is getting shot doing work for Firemane and having her frame and chassis exposed or going too far in training, but she could easily regulate the latter with her memory data of her old physical levels, though it probably wouldn't hurt to go beyond them a little. After all, she had accepted the offer for this better body so she could prove those without the force were merit worthy on her homeworld.

Stepping down the ramp of the ship, Azirly wondered about the sort of people she'd be meeting and be required to make an impression on. Whoever it was she wouldn't fail. She would be accepted into the company and her world and give Archangel a foothold to liberate it into the purity of immortal metal.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Azirly"]

Waiting at the exit of the docking bay were a pair of bored looking Eldorai customs officials.
“Good morning,” one said, working on her computer whilst the other stood guard. “May I see your papers please?”
With these provided, the customs officials gave her a once over to see she matched the photo. She did.
“Good to see you’re back home,” the official said. “What are your plans now, and do you have any cargo aboard?”
As with all customs officials in the universe that had a uniquely gifted way of sounding suspicious and friendly at the same time.

[member="Anya Venari"]

How inefficient. Azirly couldn't help but think that of the bored custom officials. It wasn't even so much that she was a machine now than it was the bare fact she was a proud person before during her time on Kaeshana. Such pathetic Eldorai representing her people when outsiders arrived on their world nearly made her want to beat sense into them. . . . .well at least file a complaint about them. Though she supposed such laxness could likely be useful on her end of things if she ever needed to make trips offworld and back. "Good morning. My papers are right here."

The thought hadn't even occurred to Azirly if she might look any different from her old organic self until they checked her identification and approved her. Well she supposed she had to look the same to match her papers she had from when she was organic. She never doubted Archangel for a moment. "I'm planning to most likely see about finding work in the Firemane company onworld. Failing that I might try and restart my military career or taking up sewing depending on my luck. The only things in the ship though are a few personal belongings. Nothing big and nothing meant for anyone else. Is there anything else?" Honestly customs officials were always annoying. The two fellow Eldorai sounded genial but were quite irritatingly grinding to listen to as they dragged things along. There really was nothing for them to find or worry about. The only person who might actually pose a threat would be any force user. Especially the more powerful ones, and Kaeshana had a number of those.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Azirly"]
“Firemane huh, the offworlders?” one said.
“You should get yourself a proper job, not mooching with those outsiders,” the other opined.
They did stamp her papers though.
“Welcome home, Azirly. We’ll run a scan over your ship and make sure it’s kept safe.”

Once through the gate and into the public passenger hall there was someone waiting for her. A moderate height Eldorai in casual clothes holding a sign with her name on.
That Eldorai beamed and extended a hand. “Azirly? I’m Chesna. We heard you wanted to return to Kaeshana and join Firemane, so they sent me to welcome you!”

Since Azirly did not know Chesna, she was also there to get a ‘sense’ of new arrivals. It was well that the entechment process was almost perfect because she sensed nothing untoward in the Eldorai before her.

[member="Anya Venari"]

"Thanks. Hey I did have a different job here before though, it just didn't have the dental."

Smiling to the two officials as she thanked them again and walked off, Azirly found herself sighing as she got some space between herself and them. Really she might've slipped into her other programmed personality if that side of her weren't uncertain about the possibility of being noticed for now. Besides she was heading right to the meetup anyway, and it wasn't as if her organic self were posing a problem either yet. Thus Azirly proceeded as she was unhindered towards the gate and the passenger hall where she discovered an Eldorai apparently awaiting her arrival. if the sign the other woman was holding was any indication.

"Hello Chesna, I am Azirly yes. I'm rather excited to be back. I got to experience a lot off world but I've truly missed Kaeshana. I'm happy I was able to find a way to truly make my return. I feel Ashira always meant for me to find my way back." Taking the hand extended to her, Azirly was not aware of the fact Chesna had any force senstivity. If she did she would be taking extreme note of the exchange for later report to the Archangel Directors. As it was she would likely do so whenever she discovered that fact or encountered a known force user she could be certain of fooling. "Do you work for Firemane then? I hope you don't find it too aghast if I say you're a cuter representative than I imagined. Forgive the remark if it was strange, its just so nice to see another pretty Eldorai face. I apologize if I've just made a poor start in my potential employment."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Azirly"]
If Chesna did have a soft spot it was for compliments. This wasn’t really surprising, considering her origins.
However, she was a good enough studier of sentient nature to know when compliments became flattery.
“We always send the best to greet new people so that they think everyone’s as good as me. Sadly, they’re not!” Chesna said with absolutely no modesty at all. Not really surprising considering the other half of her job. She did say it with a smile though to make it clear she was joking, and she was…even if she believed it too!

“So, you’ll be meeting with Lieutenant Tempest, one of Firemane’s best officers. She’ll assess you and see if you meet the standards.”
Lest Azirly think everything was about her, Chesna turned her sign over and went to hail another visitor, this one a female Zabrak with a very large gun.
Kariae? Hi, I’m Chesna, and this is Azirly. You’ll both come with me to interviews with Firemane. Follow me!”

[member="Anya Venari"]

Flattery it may be, but Azirly certainly didn't think it ever hurt. Perhaps it was just the nervousness she actually felt below the surface of her high level of confidence. Returning to Kaeshana with both bringing Archangel's glorious ascension as well as proving her worth to her people weighing on her mind, the former Eldorai and now machine did feel more compelled to please the people she would be meeting. Besides if her comments were true it wasn't as if they were forced remarks for attention. So she laughed when Chesna made mention of how Firemane sent its best to greet new recruits as a show of respect, when apparently they of course weren't on the same level out of the gate. "Hey considering I know nothing about you I wouldn't dare assume I was to begin with. After all you could be former Angelii and be able to fling me against the wall for all I know."

Of course, as close as they were if she so desired Azirly wondered if she could break the other woman's neck before such could occur if her fellow Eldorai was indeed a force user. As a human, well Eldorai, replica droid her physical abilities were far beyond a majority of organics. Such thoughts were pointless though, because for one there was no reason at all to harm the woman in front of her. Not to mention it would create trouble on multiple levels including potentially exposing her unnatural strength. That would be a pain on assignments for the company, holding back until no one could see. It would make advancing fairly difficult in a majority of group work scenarios if she had to pretend to still have average Eldorai physical strength and dexterity when that was even less than normal humans and thus far below the abilities force users, especially among her people who valued such blessings, had.

"I can't wait to meet her. Is she Eldorai as well?" Noticing the new name on the sign as Chesna switched it over, Azirly wasn't sure if she ought to laugh a little or sigh at her own inflation of self importance. Of course the company would obviously receive more than one recruit at a time if they could, it wasn't all about one person of course. Such would indicate an inflated ego, and while Azirly did indeed think highly of herself and have great confidence in her abilities, living a majority of her life in the shadow of others certainly gave her a more realistic perspective. Nonetheless she couldn't help but sneer a little at the overly large weapon the Zabrak woman was carrying about. Compensation for a lack of skill, what a sad offworlder. Anyone who can't rely on themselves is weak, and sadly there are so many like that. The gift of Ascension the Age of Steel offers will fix the faults of so many lacking people.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Azirly"]
Chesna laughed. "Former Angelii? Throw people around? I think you've been spending far too much time watching holovids. The person who's really good at throwing people around though is Countess Kerrigan. She's human, but don't hold that against her, she's not too bad! Just don't get in the way of her when she needs coffee. Or food. Or...ah well anyway. Also, Lieutenant Tempest is human too. Firemane is mostly led by humans, but they work well with us. A symbiotic relationship...probably."
Chesna continued to talk as she led them out the doors and towards a speeder.

The other mercenary continued to stomp along grimly. Kariae seemed to be the grim, silent type. Clearly she didn't think that much of Chesna, to judge by her expression.

[member="Anya Venari"]

Azirly didn't think her remark was that funny as she sulked for a moment after Chesna laughed. If a member of the Angelii had the strength of the force to do so or was quite skilled in air/wind manipulation then the mechanical Eldorai saw every reason to imagine one whipping her into a wall with such powers. Although it probably was too hasty too assume such, but aside from potentially being a strong force user, Chesna did not look very imposing. It made the Eldorai Droid wonder just what role Chesna had within Firemane, or what prowess the other woman had. However, Azirly did recognize the name and know the vast ability of the mentioned Kerrigan. Of all the organics about, it would be the former powerhouse of the Omega Protectorate and her wife, Firemane's CEO, who would be the most dangerous individuals for her to encounter.

After all, if anyone were to detect her presence among force users on the planet it would be Siobhan Kerrigan or the Angelii among the Star Queen's inner circle. With that in mind though, Azirly gave a nervous grin to Chesna when the other Eldorai said the humans weren't so bad. "Well as long as they have no problem with me I don't see myself having problems with them. Feels a little odd to be deferring to them now though I must admit. Part of me wonders why we didn't have our own people running an organization bridging us to the galaxy at large like this. Still, I trust in Ashira's judgement and wisdom. If the goddess desires we work closely with outsiders then certainly it is for the good of our people." Seeing the speeder up ahead, Azirly felt a rush at the fact she really was back on Kaeshana. It still felt somewhat unreal, the only thing dampening the moment being the less than riveting company of the silent zabrak beside her.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Azirly"]
Chesna chuckled. “Oh yes, the goddess definitely wants this. I have very good sources on this,” she said with the sort of dramatic irony and mystery which always infuriated [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]!

“They’re the ones providing the tools and the knowledge to lift us into the new era. A Venari Restoration of our true place in the galaxy – whatever that means! If you’d prefer, I can find you a job with the army…you’re not a Sciian. I can sense that, though you do have some interesting harmonics…” Chesna said thoughtfully.

Perhaps fortunately, by this time they’d arrived at the speeder and the two recruits sat in the backseat, their luggage and the Zabrak’s cannon in the trunk. Chesna took them out of the new quarter of the city built around the spaceport, and then into the hills overlooking Santaissa.
They pulled into a large military style complex not far from a very elegant villa which was the home of the leaders of Firemane.

[member="Anya Venari"]

While it may have infuriated a certain telekinetic master, Chesna's remarks merely made Azirly chuckle as well. Although it was not out of shared amusement as it was at the strangeness of what was said. And what sort of sources might those be huh. Azirly was just about to comment on Chesna's words before the other Eldorai brought up the subject of her harmonics. It left the mechanical elf woman with a frown, or perhaps a smirk, tugging on her facial expression. Chesna was able to sense her then? So . . . . her essence really was completely there, and it passed scrutiny. Lucky for her she hadn't had any affinity at all before becoming a machine version of herself. Anyone who could access her old military record would have known then.

For a moment though her dormant purely metal persona contemplated the values of taking up residence within the military again as before as compared to Firemane now. The priority was quickly decided to be to infiltrate Firemane. There were a greater number of threats to the Age of Steel there that needed to be under surveillance or sought out for potential assassination. So unknowingly Azirly was prompted to stay focused on gaining employment into Firemane, whether or not she was considering returning to the army or not. "While I appreciate the offer, I didn't feel I was able to do enough for our world within the military. Those without the blessings of the goddess didn't exactly do as well as those with gifts such as yours. I appreciate the compliment though for my harmonics." Climbing into the speeder after her bags were deposited in the trunk, Azirly spent the trip looking out over Santaissa, gazing out over the beautiful capital city until they entered a complex with an gorgeous villa a distance nearby. "Whose home is that? It must have a wonderful view of the city."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Azirly"]
“That belongs to the owners. The Countesses Alcori and Kerrigan. The view is quite impressive. However, until you’ve risen up the food chain a little, you’ll not be enjoying it much.” She gave Azirly a look up and down. “Unless you have a desire to embrace the worship of the Goddess Ardavaria, that is!”

The speeder pulled up outside the barracks and they exited. “It’s here I must bid you farewell and good luck. I’ve got some other recruits to pick up today…and maybe even have them do the interview too!” she added, since Chesna never let a double entendre go unspoken!

[member="Anya Venari"]

OH! Well that was certainly a tidbit of amazing proportions. The news that Firemane's owners and its top people were living in such a grand an obvious location would certainly make knowing their whereabouts when around their abode simpler. The Archangel Machine Eldorai wondered what sort of timetable and actions she ought to concoct and plan out to someday infiltrate and map out the place. After all at some point Archangel may wish to act on those two so knowing more about the layout, its defenses, and how secure and complacent Siobhan Kerrigan and Tagaea Alcori felt within its walls would be an immense benefit if an attack on them some point were to go down. Though if it were done to Azirly a poison or sleeping agent and quiet abduction would be best considering Kaeshana's defenses overall if Archangel ever sought to move on the world to bring it to the true ascendance the goddesses wished.

"I may have done some embracing while off world, and a little before then even. Perhaps some extra worship lessons in the future wouldn't be aghast." Grinning, Azirly chuckled at Chesna's use of the double entrendre as her fellow Eldorai began to leave. "Well I hope their interviews go well then, at least so much that you enjoy them." Now then what was the next step.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Azirly"]
What was next that a pair of Firemane soldiers came out to direct them inside. Instead of a formal office or meeting room, Tempest was waiting in one of the training rooms, dressed in combat fatigues.
“Welcome to Firemane. I’ve been told you want to join us. List your names, specialities and anything else you think will help your cause. We’re looking for the best, and we mean to have it.”

[member="Tempest"]

The pair of Firemane soldiers leading Azirly and the zabrak mercenary inside didn't seem to strange to the mechanical Eldorai. Certainly it would have been more expected for some clerk or representative to come meet and show them around further, but for a company of Firemane's orientation and reputation it wasn't very surprising. At least since she and the other woman were new recruits and not any other kinds of visitors. The Archangel operative highly doubted diplomats or business CEOs would be met by soldiers for guidance. Maybe as escorts though.

The training room was more surprising to be led to though. In all honesty Azirly hadn't thought ahead if there would be some sort of physical examination or combat test. For some reason the human woman in fatigues seemed more imposing than the other soldiers. Perhaps just because they were now the center of attention in the center of the room asking the questions. It gave the dark skinned female an imposing air. Azirly supposed she ought to answer quickly and straight then, although of course she would leave out her mechanical state. Likely have to watch about over doing it as well. . . . . .still, a little stronger than the average human might do. It would certainly be impressive for an Eldorai. That much ought to ensure she could work successfully without giving herself away. "Azirly Etilus, former soldier of Kaeshana. I specialized in reconnaissance and stealth operations. I often worked as a forward scout. I excel at hand to hand combat, know how to mix some poisons, and completed a few operations of assassination in both my military career and time offworld."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Azirly"]
The Zabrak spoke for the first time.
“Demolitions. Linebreaking. Melee.” That was it, and it seemed to be quite a longwinded reply for her. She settled down to smirk at Azirly, as if to imply that the little space elf existed only on her sufferance.

“Right, well, we’re going to start off with some basic weapon drills, then we’ll put you in a full on exercise.”
A table of various blaster rifles, pistols and stun grenades had been laid out. Tempest gestured to them.
“Gear up and be ready in two minutes. Oh…and leave that cannon behind,” she said, looking at the Zabrak, who grunted.

[member="Tempest"]

The look received from the mercenary caused Azirly to narrow her eyes in disapproval and irritation. Honestly the offworlder annoyed her with her mere presence, but the Eldorai woman, mechanical though she may be now, had put up with the offworlder for the simple sake of the fact that Firemane was open to them. In all honesty she wished all of them would get off Kaeshana or submit to the Star Queen and every other Eldorai and accept their way of rule. The only real bit of assurance she had for the Zabrak was that she was female, certainly at least that was a good quality. Maybe the merc was a good fighter as well and decent soldier, but that remained to be seen.

At least she was privy to witness the poor zabrak lose her personal gun privileges. It made Azirly smirk back as she walked over to the table and picked out a small assortment that suited her best and might handle potential threats. As such the Replica Droid made sure to take a standard blaster rifle, a pair of pistols, a pair of daggers, and several stun and ion grenades if such were available. "So what exactly are we going to be doing with these maam?"

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Azirly"]
"Follow me, and you'll find out,” Tempest ordered.
Halfway along the room was a console. When pressed, the console dropped down targets from the ceiling and activated energy absorption barriers around the wall.
“Shoot the targets,” Tempest said, then stepped back to watch. It was easy stuff, basic training level, but she was watching for awareness, accuracy, and above all, seriousness. If either of them discounted this exercise as beneath them then they weren’t the sort she was after.

[member="Tempest"]

When ordered to follow Azirly wasn't sure if she was ready to grin or smirk. She got the feeling of being in an actual organization again like when she had been a part of Kaeshana's military, however, she wasn't too thrilled taking her orders from a random offworlder. Still, it wasn't as bad as being ordered around by other potential people. There were very disgusting species out there, and then she could also be dealing with a male as well, so the current situation was alright she supposed.

Although the sophistication and incredibly high tech training room certainly made up for any bias towards the species of the woman she had to listen to for this entrance exam of sorts. Firemane certainly had more going for it than the average barracks Eldorai soldiers had access to, at least the ones she had been in. Honestly the novelty of the high tech made up for any thought that would or might have popped in her head about the task being somewhat simple, not that she would have complained or been lax. Soldiers trained all the time in practice ranges. The mechanical Eldorai stepped up to the firing area and raised her blaster rifle as she selected her targets and fired, alternating towards different vitals with each shot, hitting them all near perfectly with her keen eyes courtesy of Archangel. She could have scored all perfects, but she didn't want to be a show off at everything and seem suspicious. "Are these satisfactory maam? Blasters are not my forte, but Kaeshana does train us thoroughly in the military."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom