Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
tumblr_oxzkk1wZR21v6ywbmo1_540.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a convenient matter transmitter for future tech applications.
  • Image Source: Me, I made this.
  • Canon Link: Based on primary sources
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Sources:
- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Food_synthesizer
- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duplicator
- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Matter_transmitter

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Restructor (officially, a digitized material deconstructor/reconstructor/transmitter)
  • Manufacturer: Jak Sandrow
  • Affiliation: Jak Sandrow
  • Modularity: None
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Durasteel, wiring, transmitters, food synthesizer components, duplicator components, matter transmitter components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Synthesizer
  • Size: Stationary
  • Length: 1 m
  • Width: 1 m
  • Height: 0.5 m
  • Weight: 500 kg
CONTENTS
  • 1 x matter transmitter
  • 1 x matter synthesizer
  • 1 x matter duplicator
  • Several stasis fields
Strengths:
  • Can transmit a fairly wide variety of materials
  • Can create items larger than the restructor itself (provided there is enough room around it)
Weaknesses:
  • High-quality materials WILL have downgrades over time
  • Cannot transmit living material (though it can transmit organic material)
  • Cannot transmit anything dependent on the Force
DESCRIPTION
The restructor is a glorified 3D printer combined with a matter transmitter - able to create complex structures and equipment from materials put in separate storage facilities.

By using components scrounged up on Raxus Prime - primarily, scrapped duplicators and synthesizers - as well as a matter transmitter he stumbled across, Jak worked together a piece of machinery that, using blueprints programmed into the machine, recalls material which is in turn stored in a separate container (typically a large crate). Matter is neither created nor destroyed, simply transmitted, like thus:
  1. A weapon is scanned by the device.
  2. The weapon can be removed from the device, and new weapons can be created on top of the device, OR
  3. The weapon is deconstructed, and its basic components will be broken down into their essential elements (wiring turns into copper, gold and plastic ingots, durasteel turns into durasteel components, etc).
CAVEATS:
  1. Armor and other high-quality materials (as previously mentioned) will downgrade in quality after extended usage - >10 times transmitted
  2. Force-imbued objects will lose their connectivity to the Force
  3. Organic objects will still be organic, but if they were alive, they are now dead. Simple as that.

Hello, I'll be reviewing your submission. With that in mind let's begin.

I'm afraid that teleporter tech is banned from the site.

Cira said:
Banned Items i. Banned Items are not permitted to be used in canon role-play threads on Star Wars RP: Chaos without the explicit permission of the SWRP Staff Team. ii. Banned Items are not permitted to be used in submissions within the Factory without the explicit permission of the SWRP Staff Team. iii. Banned Items are only permitted to be used in Non-Canon role-play threads or Non-Canon Campaign threads. Celestial Technology Extragalactic Subjects (canon species/technology/planets/etc exempt.) Gree Technology (Not including Nav Computers: they provide no information on the technology of the Gree) Hypergate

All references to such tech in Star Wars refers to either Gree tech, hypergates, or Rakata tech.

You'll have to remove that aspect entirely. You might be able to have a 3-D printer still but all materials would have to be on hand.

[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

[member="The Major"]

The matter transmitter 'teleporter' in question - specifically the matter transmitter I linked to on Wookieepedia does reference Rakata technology, which was then rediscovered by the Sith empire. And I understand that that tech is explicitly prohibited. However, I was hoping that the matter transmitter that was used by Magwit - the short-range matter transmitter he referred to as "Magwit's Mystifying Hoop." This tech is neither explicitly Rakata, nor (I believe) overpowered in any way, shape, or form. It is decidedly hand-held, and very short-range.

If required, I will add a detail that states the range of the matter transmitter in this submission - (which would probably be 5 meters).

The Wookie article states the user himself had no idea how the tech worked and only that he "stole it from a strange alien." It can quite possibly be tech from Rakata or Gree, both "strange" aliens in the Star Wars universe. And when you click the next link in that article it references back to the Rakata

It's not enough for me to go on to allow this teleporter, regardless of the range. Site rules are quite strict in this matter. As it stands, you can:

A: remove any form of matter transmitter or teleporter in your sub and move forward
B: keep it and have it denied, which would mean you'd have to submit it to second chance and appeal to the factory admin

Either way I hope you know that it is a cool sub and interesting tech in theory.

[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Then I am going to have to ask that this be archived until further notice - I don't want it denied, but I don't want to lose it completely out of hand either.

Thanks for your help, though!

[member="The Major"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom