Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Resilience [Personal Ship]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space_Ship_by_eRe4s3r.jpg

Image Source: desert_fox117 on Photobucket For ease of Reference
Affiliation: [member="Syndri"]
Manufacturer: [member=Coryn Raxis]
Model: Not applicable.
Modularity: Possible
Production: Unique
Material: Transparisteel view ports, Quadranium enforced fuel tanks and frame, Durasteel Hull
Classification: Trade Ship
Length: 40.8 meters
Height: 11.37 meters
Width: 28.61 meters

Armament:
2 Forward F-4 Medium Ion Cannon's
R-T0 Twin Blaster Cannon: Mounted on the aft of the ship and implemented with a 360 degree swivel so as to provide ease of firing in all directions.

Special Features:
  • Baffled WhisperDrive
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pod
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Heavy Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams
Maneuverability Rating: 4
Speed Rating: 5
Hyperdrive Class: 1

Strengths:
  • Durable
  • Agile & Fast
  • Excellent Shielding
Weaknesses:
  • Light Armament
  • Weak on the belly
Description: The Resilience was designed to be sleek, fast, and durable to combat the pirate threat in the Outer Rim. Being a Trade Ship, usually meant that it would become the target of boarding parties and raids, as such the creator of the ship needed one that would be able to get out a tough spot quickly.

The Resilience boasts a heavy shield capacity, focused mainly on the upper portion of the ship, leaving the belly rather weakly shielded making it the most vulnerable part of the ship. Generally a Trade Ship, it can be modified to become a fighter just as easily and with an extensive amount of credits. As it stands right now, she is a 'Get out Fast' type of ship, not built for fighting in long, drawn out, engagements. She currently serves as a Personal Ship under the care of Coryn Raxis who liberated her from the hands of the previous (now deceased) captain. Under his care, the ship has come to serve as somewhat of a Personal Transport as well as a 'Guerrilla Fighter'. Due to the light armament and weak underbelly, she has had to adopt the Guerrilla Warfare style of fighting when she comes into combat, unable to sustain heavy damages for very long.

The Resilience is painted a sleek and monochromatic black, to better blend in with the infinite darkness of Space and to conceal her movements when in the thick of night. Her engines run on a silent capacity, furthering her stealthy nature and allowing Coryn to get in and out of places with anyone hardly knowing he was there.

Development Thread: Acquiring a Ship.
Intent: To provide [member=Coryn Raxis] with a personal ship for easy navigation among the stars.
Who Can Use This: Coryn Raxis

Note:

This is only my second time using the Factory, so if you see anything that is wrong, just bear with me as we go through this. I'll learn it eventually. :)

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Coryn Raxis"], this looks pretty close to approval.

I'd recommend changing your hyperdrive to a either a Class One or Two, though you don't have to. Class Four is pretty slow, to the point where its size, speed, and cost makes it more typically used as a back-up hyperdrive. It would be akin to having a modern day semi-truck that has a max speed of 40 mph (~65 Kph). It could certainly move things down a highway, but it wouldn't really be efficient except for short trips.

All factory submissions need a description as part of the main template. Could you give me a short paragraph describing the ship just under the strengths and weaknesses? It could cover either its design characteristics, the ship's history, or what you plan to do with it.

[member="Coryn RaxisI"] missed this the first time around, but could you bump up your maneuverability to "4"?

With the description added, I'd like to clarify the stealth features, particularly the "silent running".

It's a time-honored tradition for smugglers and the like to go to "silent running" so to speak by cutting their engines and using as little power as possible in an attempt to avoid detection. Likewise, it's not unusual to paint ships dark colors to try and blend into space. But these tend to be imperfect measures, relying more on luck and the skill of the captain than the ship's abilities. Is that what you're going for here?

Or are you going more for actual stealth technology such as a baffled drive? This opttion will likely require either a marketplace purchase and/or up to ten posts in your ship's development thread, but it will give you better results in a competitive PVP environment.

Gir Quee said:
[member="Coryn RaxisI"] missed this the first time around, but could you bump up your maneuverability to "4"?

With the description added, I'd like to clarify the stealth features, particularly the "silent running".

It's a time-honored tradition for smugglers and the like to go to "silent running" so to speak by cutting their engines and using as little power as possible in an attempt to avoid detection. Likewise, it's not unusual to paint ships dark colors to try and blend into space. But these tend to be imperfect measures, relying more on luck and the skill of the captain than the ship's abilities. Is that what you're going for here?

Or are you going more for actual stealth technology such as a baffled drive? This opttion will likely require either a marketplace purchase and/or up to ten posts in your ship's development thread, but it will give you better results in a competitive PVP environment.
Is it possible that I can add the baffled drive, and put this submission on pause while I complete the thread that I included in the submission? I'm currently in it alone, but I can find someone else to include if I need another writer for the dev thread.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Alright, I've got ten posts in the development thread. I'm new to the whole dev thread idea, so if I 'screwed up' in some way, I'm sorry. I've made a few mentions of 'activating' the baffled drive, assuming that it is something that must be activated as a supplement to the primary drive. I may have misread the article however, and in the event that I have, I would be willing to do another dev thread, focusing primarily on the baffled drive in use -- if at all possible.

[member="Coryn Raxis"]
Are you making use of the Baffled Whisperdrive? If so, please include it into your special features.

Also, I believe you can lower your speed to 5 if you'd like.

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

I am making use of the above mentioned drive and have edited the Special Features to indicate it as so. I have also lowered my speed rating to '5' as suggested. Thank you for informing me of the lower speed rating, I really appreciate all the help with the submission both from you and [member="Gir Quee"]. I'm still new to it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom