Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

I have a lot of gripes with this movie... a lot.

Still, I do think it's cool to see that they added Lisa Trevor in it. Just wish they had done a better job with her costume... that's probably the one time where a bit of CGI would've added a lot.

Honestly, RE1-3 are good movies, really good movies. Afterwards it's just down hill...I hope this one is better than the last few movies.

Honestly, RE1-3 are good movies, really good movies. Afterwards it's just down hill...I hope this one is better than the last few movies.
I'll concede that the first one isn't a bad movie. Still annoying that they strayed away from the story of the games, but it's still good. I certainly liked it.

Everything past that for me just gets more and more insufferable. Especially when they kept copy pasting scenes straight out of the games, like the "Try using knives" scene from RE4.

I don't have a problem with the RE movies. They were just another story to be added in the universe of it. Considering the games when off the rails with monsters and shit that are just mutated beings and creatures, all because of a singular plant, the moves are just another story that can go alongside the games.

I don't have a problem with the RE movies. They were just another story to be added in the universe of it. Considering the games when off the rails with monsters and poodoo that are just mutated beings and creatures, all because of a singular plant, the moves are just another story that can go alongside the games.
Yeah, they games turned me off a while ago for sure...

But what ticks me off most with the movies though is the choices made. If they're just going to tell their own rendition of Resident Evil's story, then why not make their own story and make them Resident Evil in all but name? Why copy specific scenes from the games frame by frame when they could make their own scenes? Why have characters from the games in the movies if they're not going to look or sound like who they're named after?

Like, you can make the "alternate universe" argument, but it doesn't make the movies as a whole any less than a lazy cash grab. And say what you will about the games, but creating a virus from cave plants (while still stupid in its own way) is more acceptable than whatever the hell Alice became in the movies... cloned super soldier that can burn the freaking sky with her mind...

The nicest thing I can say about the RE movies is that as lazy as they are, and as far removed from the games as they are, there's still some tiny little nuggets in them that make a smidgen of sense in naming them after the game series they're based on, unlike Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, which I would argue isn't high praise at the end of the day.

but creating a virus from cave plants (while still stupid in its own way) is more acceptable than whatever the hell Alice became in the movies... cloned super soldier that can burn the freaking sky with her mind...
I mean Wesker who could pretty much be a super soldier, move faster than bullets, block them with his bare hands and shit like that? Game started, movie adapted.

The reason they added the game scenes into the movies, is to get that same feeling from the game, into the movie. They wanted people who liked the games, to see the movies and enjoy them for what they are. Sure, its a cash grab. Which is why I never saw them in theaters, and I tend to not see movies in theaters and just wait for it to be released "elsewhere." for me to watch it.

Not every movie is going to be a thought provoking story, with the kind of action and whatever else you want in it. The first three RE movies were based heavily upon the game, but at the same time, they wanted to take liberty with making a different overall story.

Hell, in the second and third games alone, you get the T-type and G-type viruses that are just nuts in their idea and conception. its not just "Zombies" Never really was about zombies honestly.

Plus, Naming Final Fantasy in a movie format is completely different from RE movies and the games. legit every game is from a different "dimension" or entirely separate time period from any other game. If the games correlate to a main line game, its a spin off. Cus Final Fantasy 7 is no where near in close story wise, or relation to 15.

Movies will be movies, and games will be games. And if we need to be honest, All of the Star Wars games, and extra movies, and other stuff is just more cash grabs of the first three movies.

I mean, Resident Evil (game) had weirdness going on, snakes, spiders, I think a shark? But I definitely didn't like where the newest games have gone. I, no joke, enjoyed the crap out Resident Evil 6, Whesker's son was a very interesting character to me.

The movies were pretty decent as far the first three, four was okay but I just couldn't with the rest of them.

As far as final fantasy goes...the lack of structure in lore just....blew me away real quick, not for me.

But honestly, when the movies are meant to pander to people who enjoyed the games, its understandable about how much they dislike them movies. Why make something that panders to a fanbase, but not make it as familiar as possible? Resident Evil went off the rails very quickly with the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom