Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Rescue Combat Medic Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
zy1q4V6.png

cUDBSir.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Anti-Blaster, Support
  • Weight: 7kg
  • Quality:
    5 Against Blasters, 5 Against Knives/stabbing weapons (Body)
  • 7 Against Blasters, 7 Against Knives/stabbing weapons (Chest and head)
  • 4 Against Kinetic impact
  • 0 Against Lightsabers

SPECIAL FEATURES

[*]Helmet:

Strengths:
  • Duraflex bodyglove allows for temperature control of the wearer’s body.
  • Decent protection against blasters/stabbing weapons on body, good protection against blasters/stabbing weapons on the chest and head.
Weaknesses:
  • Not designed for combat, vulnerable at the joints (a blaster bolt or knife would pierce right through the elbow/back of the knee etc.)
  • No resistance against lightsabers
DESCRIPTION

The Rescue Armor is designed with combat medics in mind, not front line soldiers. The first layer of the Rescue Armor is a skin-tight bodyglove made of Duraflex fabric, allowing the wearer breathability and mobility while maintaining their ideal body temperature despite their environment. The next layer is made of armorweave and gives the wearer moderate resistance to blaster bolts and stabbing weapons, though this largely depends on the type of weapon used and the proximity to the wearer. As this armor is designed for medics, it is most adept at deflecting cross-fire or stray bolts rather than a direct close-range shot. However, duraplast plating on the chest and torso allow for a greater resistance to blasters and knives as they cover a more vital area. Standard blasters at a distance may not penetrate this armor, but the wearer would certainly feel it. Disruptors and slugthrowers tend to have an easier time ripping through the armor, especially at the joints where there is less material to allow for mobility. Overall, the Rescue Armor is a blend of resistance and mobility—it offers decent defense on the battlefield where a combat medic may find themselves in a hot zone but wouldn’t be able to stand up to direct combat as well as a combat soldier’s armor. It is also not as heavy as a combat soldier’s armor, allowing for better mobility and maneuverability but still has some weight to it. There are several red crosses painted onto the armor’s helmet and body to denote its role.

The helmet is lightweight yet durable as it is made of Duranium and has HUD capabilities as well as an infrared motion sensor and thermal vision. This offers superior motion detection capabilities, as the HUD can be flipped between several infrared and thermal modes dependent on the situation, allowing most hostiles and friendlies to be detected through a tagging system. A rangefinder and lifeform scanner help combat medics identify injured allies in need of help. And advanced medkit and medsensor are equipped with each set of armor, though can be removed and modified if necessary. Climbing spikes and frictiongrip coating on gloves and boots help the wearer to traverse different types of territory. The only room for weapons is a blaster holster on each hip, typically used for protection rather that offense. If the wearer wishes to carry any rifles or heavy weaponry into battle (which is not advised with this type of armor) they would have to remove many of their medical supplies.

The Rescue Armor has decent blaster protection, and can typically stop a lethal shot or two. While it can be worn into direct combat, the user should be wary of the armor’s capabilities given that some protection was sacrificed for agility. While the armor has very little protection against lightsabers, it offers some protection against ballistics, but only enough to perhaps survive a single deadly blast. Even then, the armor would receive moderate-severe damage and the wearer would receive mild-moderate damage depending on their location within the blast radius.

Netherworld

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Netherworld

[member="Joza Perl"]

Looks good for the most part, just a couple of kinks to iron out.

As I understand it, you're using the duraplast for the plates of the armor, and the armorweave and the duraflex fabric for the rest.
  • Armorweave grants protection from glancing lightsaber blows, yet you list Q:0 against lightsabers and have it under Weaknesses. How does this work?
  • While the armorweave is great against blasters, it fares poorly against kinetic energy and melee weapons. The duraflex, likewise, fares poorly against the latter.

Joza Perl said:
    5 Against Knives/stabbing weapons (Body)
  • Where does this come from, then? What provides the resistance?
@Mention me with edits.

[member="Netherworld"]

The materials were a bit of an oversight on my part, removed the armorweave and duraplast and replaced them with shell spider silk and fleximetal. Shell spider silk deflects blaster bolts and vibroblades (which makes more sense now given the resistance of 5 against stabbing weapons) and I added the fleximetal for more blaster resistance along the chest (doesn't reduce the impact but I'm going for layers of protection against what could be a deadly shot).

Is the ballistics shielding I have under special features sufficient for a 4 against kinetic impact? Let me know if I'm interpreting any of this wrong or need to alter anything else!

Netherworld

[member="Joza Perl"]

That works better, yeah.

4 is light armor, so that's maybe enough to mitigate the punch of low-impact blaster bolts and such. Bigger / stronger stuff will still penetrate this without much issues.

Anyway, looks good to me. Approved pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom