Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Republic Combat Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
9e1p.jpg

Intent: Make a standard armor for the Republic, honestly I just copied Clone/Storm trooper armor and the appropriate variants and put them to a sweet photoshopped image of camo painted TOR trooper concept art.
Development Thread: No
Hero Unit: No
Manufacturer: Various
Model: Republic Combat Armor
Affiliation: Republic
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Plastoid, Dura-armor
Description:
The obvious function of the Republic Combat Armor is for protection against weapons fire and other battlefield hazards. The armor, like many armors past and present, consisted of a body glove worn underneath armored plating. The body glove is designed to insulate the wearer, dissipate blaster energy, and lessen injuries. Although the armor lacks the durability to withstand cannon fire it partially deflect or disperses energy from blasters meaning that while the wearer may be incapacitated he has a higher chance of surviving to receive medical treatment. Like stormtrooper armor before it, the armor effectively deflects stun beams, and serves to protect against explosions and shrapnel decreasing the effective radius of fragmentation weapons such as grenades. As with stormtroopers, clone troopers, and even ancient republic troopers, it is virtually impossible to kill a fully armored trooper with a slugthrower unless the hit is to the body glove or visor.

The armor is effective at protecting against the elements this this end it is designed to be airtight, and is fully sealed against chemical and biological attack. The armor may even protect the wearer against vacuum. A back-mounted tank contains twenty minutes of emergency oxygen and the bodyglove provides thermal protection.
The Armor’s helmet system contained a number of features. An automatic polarizing and anti-flash lense protected the trooper against intense glare and provided them with enhanced combat vision or holographic vision processors which allowed vision through many barriers such as smoke, fire, and darkness. Multi-frequency targeting and acquisition system, (MFTAS) aides with the republic troopers perception in darkness and other low visibility situations.The helmet also contains a built-in comlink, advanced breathing filters, and a cooling and atmosphere control system.

Standard equipment on the utility belt consists of; two grappling hooks, four spare blaster power paks, three ion flares, Energy rations, a spare comlink, three water packs, two medpacs, two Blast Energy Sinks, a Thermal detonator, Combat de-ionizer, Binders. The utility belt may be modified as the mission requires. Depending on operations the armor can further be modified with a backpack unit to carry; an extended air supply, additional communications gear, temperature control system, and additional rations.

The Republic Combat Armor is an expensive piece of hardware and is seen only on line units. Planetary militia’s and defense forces do generally not receive this advanced and expensive piece of armor. Because of the expense and the need to mass produce this armor type the Republic contracted to a number of firms and corporations throughout republic space to build suits, or parts of, this armor for use as their main battle armor.

Variants:

Several variants of the standard Republic Combat Armor exist. Largely they produce the same effects, as stated above, but provide for specialty combat actions.

1. Recon
Recon Armor is lighter and more mobile than the standard armor with integrated sensors in the helmet. Comm punchers allow for coordination and information sharing through moderate jamming, weapons efflux and battle debris. The armor has a very low sensor profile. This armor is used by special forces and recon troopers in the republic.

2. Assault

Assault variant is a heavy version of the recon armor variant. It contained nearly all the same modifications as the Recon armor, merely lacking the low sensor profile, but suffers from a comparative lack of mobility. Elite units which normally use Recon armor often have the attachments necessary to quickly convert or change armor to the Assault variant on hand at their base of operations. Otherwise dedicated assault units often wear this armor.

3. Standard
This is the standard armor as is defined above in the general description. Many generic infantry units in the republic use this standard armor.

4. Heavy

The Heavy variant armor is, as the name would suggest, heavy. Adding extra weight and protection the armor lacks mobility and often has it’s wearer lumbering across the battlefield. Because of the inherent risk of fatigue with this armor units using it are often required to be mechanized or else lose out over time to fatigue. Heavy variant armor is equipped with stabilizers in the arms and gauntlets to allow the trooper to better brace heavy weapons. This armor is favored by the Golden Companions of the Tetan Brigade.

Classification: Multipurpose
Weight:
Recon: 15kg
Assault: 19kg
Standard: 18kg
Heavy: 22kg

Quality:
Recon: 7
Assault: 8
Standard: 8
Heavy: 9

Other Feature(s):
See description

Four different variants, they shouldn't all have the same armor quality. I would expect it to rank Recon, Standard, Assault, Heavy.

Next, the Combat De-Ionizer. It's described effect is vague, at best. What do you see it offering the armor?

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
OOOPS there was a version of this with different rating for the variants. Edited.

As for the de-ionizer, I literaly copy and pasted it from the storm trooper armor wiki. I'm assuming it is the thing that made storm trooper armor "virtually immune" to stun. Alternately I could see it as an anti EMP thing as clone and storm trooper armor that had it wasn't effected by the EMPs they used on droids. Or maybe it does both? Honestly I copied and pasted the equipment from wookieepedia and didn't look at that particular item because I thought it was just the stun thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom