Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Remy's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Remy's Revenge"

Image Credit: http://hpashkov.devi...-ship-348276441
Intent: Retrofit an older vessel as a tribute to a really good dude, oh and a custom frigate for TKO!
Development Thread: No
Manufacturer: Silk Holdings
Model: MC42 Ruisto-class Star Cruiser
Affiliation: The Kathol outback
Modularity: No
Production: Unique - (One of a kind, Just like him!)
Material: Durasteel hull, glasteel viewports

Description: When thinking of a tribute for our July 16 member of the month we had to think hard because a simple gift won't due and let's face it, this guy has LOTS of cool stuff. So then we had it, let's dedicate something to his awesomeness, a ship for the faction he helped build!

Based on the Ruisto-class is a multirole vessel designed for extended operation. Its flexibility comes at a cost: Other ships of its size have an edge in main guns and small craft capacity. The vessel is split into fifteen decks and 257 rooms, including individual and family quarters, laboratories, recreational facilities, medical berths, and so forth. Though this vessel can survive in a fight, and includes the trademark Mon Cal redundant shields, it is not a ship meant for conquest, but for long-term exploration, diplomacy, science, resource prospecting, and a variety of other critical roles. Advanced mapping sensors and simple, automated hyperspace probes allow it to handle the uncharted space at the edge of the galaxy. Its hydroponics and science bays allow extended operation even beyond its consumables stores, evaluating and taking on foodstuffs from worlds it locates. Its medical bay is overstocked and its medical staff is large, allowing for a strong medical/rescue role. The Ruisto excels at nothing but is capable of anything.

Classification: Balanced Corvette
Role: Exploration and patrol
Height: 117m
Width: 117m
Length: 344.424m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor x2
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1, backup Class 10
Minimum Crew: 280
Optimal Crew: 650
Armaments:
  • 5 heavy dual turbolasers (20 gun equivalence)
  • 3 heavy ion cannons (6 gun equivalence)
  • 10 multipurpose warhead launchers (concussion missiles, proton torpedoes, mag pulse warheads, etc.)
  • 6 antimissile octets (6 anti-fighter weapon equivalence)
  • 6 quad lasers (6 anti-fighter weapon equivalence)
Armament Ratings : 10
Defensive Ratings : 10

Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
* Reliable - Ship is built with redundant subsystems to ensure it will ready when needed.
* True - Scanners are sharp and can see through most minor and some major types of interference.

Weaknesses: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
* Stubborn - Ship has powerful engines but is lacking steering thrusters, many say "The ship goes where it wants, get over it"
* Takes No Poodoo- Ship functions best when given direct input, and does not suffer confused or incorrect commands.

Hangar:
  • 1 squadron of stunt fighters or 4 light freighter sized ships
  • 6 KKT-74 Cricket construction/maintenance pods
  • 10 hyperspace probes
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Redundant Deflector Shield Generators
  • Redundant Navigation and Life Support
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Advanced Navigational Systems
  • Advanced Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams
  • Medical Bay
  • Science Labs
  • Hydroponics Bay
  • Food Synthesizers
  • Holo-remote Training Room/hologym with holotargets
  • Crew Recreational Facilities
Passenger Capacity: 50
Cargo Capacity: 2,000 metric tons
Consumables: 1 year
Maneuverability Rating: 10
Sublight Speed Rating: 12
Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.ne...loration-craft/

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Bryce Bantam"], I can see that you're working based on an older ship. Most of this looks good, but some things have changed with the new standards (or rather how things are documented) since then. I do see that you have armament and defense ratings, which is the biggest change, along with the speed change (which I see that you also updated).

Bryce Bantam said:
Hangar: 8 MC15 Niathal-class shuttles 4 dropships or small transports 6 KKT-74 Cricket construction/maintenance pods 10 hyperspace probes
As per the current template, we list the hangar count by squadrons now, unless it's a handful of shuttles. As it currently stands, the max number of squadrons that a corvette may carry is 1 squadron (Yes, I do realize that the ship is a "frigate", but it is corvette-sized by the template). However, given that this is unique and doesn't look combat-oriented, I can see this having a squadron of something and a handful of probes or pods.

Bryce Bantam said:
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 10
A rating of 10 is solid for both ratings, but please list these separately as per the current template.

Bryce Bantam said:
* Stubborn - Ship has powerful engines but is lacking steering thrusters, many say "The ship goes where it wants, get over it"

I'd recommend changing "stubborn" to something like "Stiff" or "Unagile". I think that a speed and maneuverability rating of 10 is sightly subpar for a corvette this size, but it makes a lot of sense and helps balance some of these extra features.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Hanger count has been reduced to 1 per request and I have left and maintenance pods and probs you have offered.

Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: have been altered to meet standard as requested 10 /12

Gir Quee said:
Bryce Bantam, on 21 Jul 2016 - 11:49 PM, said: * Stubborn - Ship has powerful engines but is lacking steering thrusters, many say "The ship goes where it wants, get over it" I'd recommend changing "stubborn" to something like "Stiff" or "Unagile". I think that a speed and maneuverability rating of 10 is slightly subpar for a corvette this size, but it makes a lot of sense and helps balance some of these extra features.
For this last request, I would like to ask for a concession from the judge. This is made as a tribute to another writer on the board and the current language in the description matches his personality, if you feel it will not negatively affect usage of this ship I ask if it can be left as currently stated to keep with the current sentiment. Of course, if you feel otherwise please let me know and I will make the needed corrections.

Thank you again for taking time to review.

Bryce Bantam said:
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 10 /12
Please list it like this:

Maneuverability Rating: 10
Speed Rating: 12

Bryce Bantam said:
For this last request, I would like to ask for a concession from the judge. This is made as a tribute to another writer on the board and the current language in the description matches his personality, if you feel it will not negatively affect usage of this ship I ask if it can be left as currently stated to keep with the current sentiment. Of course, if you feel otherwise please let me know and I will make the needed corrections.
I can get behind that with the understanding that in terms of practical gameplay, that this ship isn't a high performance vessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom