Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove the rule on title translations

All non-Basic submission titles should have its Basic translation in parentheses beside it. I.E. Echoy'lii Shuk'orok (Echoy'lan Crushgaunts) or Aliit'Verd Euk'gar'gam (Clan Verd Mando Steel Armor)
After some discussion in factory discord, the question as to the usefulness of this rule was raised. The points in favor of the rule, as far as I'm aware, are:
  • Preventing users from sneaking in non-English expletives.
  • Making searching for the sub at a later date easier.
However, requiring that the Basic translation for non-English submission titles are featured somewhere in the sub, rather than necessarily the title itself, achieves both of these things.

I might be missing something, but I feel the rule achieves nothing and reckon we ought to remove it.

[member="Aria Vale"]

What's the difference between requiring it in the title or in the submission. It is still a rule regardless, not one removed.

Mandating the basic translation makes for an ease in searching, especially if items are not linked. Removing the requirement regardless of where it is at means removing the method of searching for the item, as if we do not make it mandatory, the basic translation will not be added as a standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom