Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech REM SLAM Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zek Koth

Z
starship_engine_wip_by_scott2753.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a new engine for use in Republic Remnant starfighters.
  • Image Source: 2753 Productions
  • Canon Link: None
  • Restricted Missions: None
  • Primary Source: None
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Republic Industries (The Republic Remnant)
  • Model: REM SLAM Engine
  • Affiliation: The Republic Remnant
  • Modularity: Can be modified to run on TibannaX.
  • Production: Mass-Produced.
  • Material: Alusteel, Engine Parts
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • One time use accelarant for added burst of speed (increases for one short time the speed to the next tier of speed).
  • Can be modified to run on TibannaX.
Strengths:
  • The engine is capable of being made in modular sizes to fit different size fighters.
  • The engine can be modified to run on TibannaX
  • The engine includes a secondary fuel chamber that injects an accelarant which causes a temporary boost of speed beyond what is typical for the craft.
Weaknesses:
  • Usage of the booster fuel negates the effects of using TibannaX and increases the ships visibility both physically and to scanners.
  • The accelarant can only be used once before it has to be refilled, meaning the ship has to be refueled, and it can only be done when the ship is landed.
  • Running the engine with TibannaX causes a decrease in the ships normal speed by one measure as a fuel that cools rapidly produces less propulsion.
DESCRIPTION
The REM SLAM Engine was born from the concept of booster engines often used in racing. In times where a quick speed boost is necessary, a racer will use a booster to give a temporary boost of speed and jet their way past an opponent. The same concept applies here, though the accelarant is a one time use component that negates the effects of using TibannaX. The use of the accelarant causes a speed boost, increasing G Forces on the pilot and allowing them to cover distance at a faster pace, but quickly burns out. It can be used for a quick getaway, or to cover the space between capital ships more rapidly than the enemy can prepare for. When not using the accelarant, the engine functions like most standard fighter engines.

Zek Koth said:
Manufacturer: Republic Industries (The Republic Remnant)
If Republic Industries is an actual Chaos company, please link to its factory submission. Otherwise, please hyperlink "The Republic Remnant" to the faction home page.

Zek Koth said:
The engine can be modified to run on TibannaX

I'd like to hear a little bit more about this. Undoubtedly running on TibannaX will make this more stealthy, but are there any drawbacks for this increased stealth?

Zek Koth

Z
[member="Gir Quee"]
Updated.

To my knowledge there are no drawbacks to its usage. TibannaX is a canonical isotope of Tibanna. It just cools faster than regular Tibanna. There is no, otherwise, real difference that would cause a drawback, as it were.

Keep in mind it's just the engine. To make a ship more stealthy other things than running on TibannaX will be required.

Basically all this sub does is take an engine like what's used on the StealthX and add a "Nitro" to it. Like I said in the sub, usage of the booster negates the effects of TibannaX.

Zek Koth said:
To my knowledge there are no drawbacks to its usage. TibannaX is a canonical isotope of Tibanna. It just cools faster than regular Tibanna. There is no, otherwise, real difference that would cause a drawback, as it were.
There's not a lot of information specifically on TibannaX-fueled engines, but we do have other examples of supercooled drives. Take a look at the canon WhisperThrust. A good number of other stealth drives here at Chaos, even ones using TibannaX, follow that precedent (like this one).

That does not mean that the REM has to have that specific weakness, but from a gameplay balance perspective, if there's an advantage to be gained, there should also be a commensurate disadvantage given. This is especially applicable to mass-produced designs.

Zek Koth

Z
[member="Gir Quee"]
Ahh I see what you're saying. I'm willing to add a speed weakness.

Edit: Added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom