Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Rekali Family Vacation (open to any and all Rekalis)

Keratel Rekali

This place is not a place of honor
Almost half a century ago, Clan Rekali — a syncretic mix of Vahla, witch, and Mandalorian — had a presence on far-flung worlds. Most Rekalis and their assets withdrew into the Hard Roil when the Sith took their homeworld of Yavin, and there they remained, in the nastiest bit of space known to man.

Which isn't to say that Rekali members — 'cousins' is the term, blood relatives or not — haven't gone out roving.

The Alor is Alec Rekali, Ember's granddaughter; she's led the clan for decades. Idiosyncratic to a fault, she doesn't judge or impede those who range far afield, so long as they keep the clan's secret redoubts a secret. But once in a while she calls the family to gather.

One such gathering is here. It's on a worldcraft called New Yavin, a round space station with an atmosphere and an artificial little sun. It's tailored to replicate, and draw from, the jungles of Yavin IV, the Rekalis' lost home.

Now vessels come from every crevice of the Roil, and beyond, to the jungle towns of New Yavin. Most Rekalis have never been here; it's new. It's very nice.

Keratel 'Kay' Rekali walked a jungle beach in beskar'gam barefoot. The nearest town, almost over the round horizon, had a roaring swap meet and banquet underway. For the moment he just wanted to feel sand on his toes.

Rhenzo had little to no communication with his extended family on his dad's side. Heard stories about them? Yes. But stories they remained for the entire duration of their isolation in the Roil.

Too dangerous to go and visit. And besides apparently his dad didn't see eye to eye with his dad.

Something about abandoning family, ignoring duty. The usual things that happen when a young lad meets a girl and throws everything away in pursuit of her. At least he didn't completely ditch the family name and managed to teach his son a thing or two about the Mando'ade.

Thing or two was not metaphorical.

His parents were off at the banquet. Apparently there were grand kids to meet, cousins to insult and ship sizes to measure.

At least they didn't force him to wear the silly armor while he was here. He was on one of the artificial beaches but cared little for the sand or the sea beckoning in the distance.

It was one of the generators that caught his attention.

Don't destroy anything while we are here, Rhenzo. I have hardly seen my family in years, Rhenzo. Don't ruin things, Rhenzo.

And here Rhenzo was, sand between his toes, eyeballing the gravity generator that artificially simulated the waves. As if there was a moon in the sky.

"Damn this is some fancy chit..."

Keratel Rekali Keratel Rekali

Keratel Rekali

This place is not a place of honor
"Damn this is some fancy chit..."

"You're telling me."

Kay undid his helmet and set it on a rock, then poked the rock experimentally with his gauntlet; it was, in fact, actual rock, just like the sand was actual sand and the ecosystem actual ecosystem.

"I knew we had some old worldcraft from the Glory Days," he said. "Didn't think it was anything like this. And yeah, I know the planetary radius on one of these things is only a mile and change. But apart from the horizon being wrong and way too close...it feels like the real thing, doesn't it. That's money."

He picked at a busted bit of his armor.

"In theory, our money, but feth if the clan being rich ever did me much good other than waystations and supply depots. That better be real good food in town. You tried it yet?"

The trouble with being a smidgen Miraluka and trained from birth to see the world as one... well, you were hyper-aware.

Of everything.

All the time.

The tricky thing was if you went through life constantly aware of everything... you ended up being aware of nothing specific. So Rhenzo had the feeling someone alive was walking up to him, but the sudden voice answering him still made him jump slightly. He glanced over his shoulder and managed to suppress the urge to step a few steps back.

He did immediately go back to looking at the generator.

"No, too many people." Rhenzo shook his head as the idea itself already made him shudder a bit. "My folks would only be dragging me from one face to the other, introducing me, by the end of the day I'd be completely wrecked."

"I-" Dad always said it was polite to introduce yourself, right? "Rhenzo. That's... me." He'd offer a hand without looking too long directly at Keratel Rekali Keratel Rekali .

"Old the worldcraft might be... but this is a beauty." Once he took his hand back again. "See this machine? It's keeping the water line in check. Otherwise the beach would be flooded in no time." He patted it warmly on the hull as if it was an old friend. "Do you rub elbows a lot with the extended family or?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom