Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Reflections on the Past: Darth Ilstera

Status
Not open for further replies.
jedi_by_peter_ortiz_d2reuln-fullview.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To expand upon the lore of the Old Days, as witnessed by Voph Sitdrisa'yr
  • Image Credit: X
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Media Name: Reflections on the Past: Darth Ilstera
  • Format: Hologram Recording
  • Distribution: Rare
  • Length: Short
  • Description: Reflections on the Past is a collection of stories told by Voph Sitdrisa'yr, in which he speaks of notable figures and events from, as he describes in the work, the "Old Days." This chapter deals with the life and death of Darth Ilstera, a member of the Octarchy Council and devout defender of the Empire. As no visual records of this person exist, the image is merely that of Voph deep in meditation as he recalls the nature of this individual.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Author: Voph
  • Publisher: Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • Reception: This work was released to no announcement, simply created and logged with the Confederacy of Independent Systems, as part of the Knights Obsidian archives. While word may begin to spread of it through the Confederacy, it is hailed as a historical document and holds little value outside the academic community.
FORMAT INFORMATION
N/A

CONTENT INFORMATION
The video opens to the image of Voph Sitdrisa'yr, clad in the dark and tattered cloak of his armored robes, kneeling in front of the projector. His hair tied back to behind his head in a short ponytail. His head bows and he does not look directly at the Camera. He remains immobile for the duration of the video, moving only to breathe and speak.

"Reference Marker: Darth Ilstera. Entry One. Call it...Reflections on the Past." A sigh before he begins. "I knew Darth Ilstera. Better than most. We shared many interests, and bonded over a number of things in our time together. Chief among them was a shared lack of vision. Not in the philosophical sense. But the inability to perceive the world as those around us did.

Darth Ilstera was born on Dromund Kaas to a pair of low-class citizens, whose names even I have been unable to locate. Not because of any great secret, but because they were...rather insignificant. Plus, I suspect that Ilstera herself removed any mention of them from the archives when they died. To what end, I remain uncertain. But the choice has been made, and the actions carried out. I can only hope to speculate who her parents might have been.

Ilstera suffered from an unusual abnormality, as I mentioned, in that she was born entirely blind. Her parents pursued certain avenues of restoring their daughter's sight, but all were...ineffective. When she began to display force sensitivity, she was sent to Korriban, per imperial edict, to receive training in the ways of the Sith. And though she was a relatively unremarkable student of the martial realm, she was an excellent scholar.

In time, she was apprenticed to Darth Itizira. A rather cunning sort, preferring to watch from the Shadows as his enemies picked and tore at each other. Though her skills with the blade never improved, Ilstera continued to grow and deepen her knowledge of our arcane arts, soon to join the ranks of her Master's coalition as an Archivist. One of five that have ever served the order. She was not content to remain at this position, however. After her promotion to Lord of the Sith, Ilstera was a constant sight at the side of her master, frequently offering him guidance and council.

Her tenure as Archivist drew to a close when Darth Itizira was struck down on Corellia, leaving Ilstera in prime position to claim his title as Lord of the Octarchy. A collection of eight lords that banded together to ensure the survival of the Empire should the worst come to pass, and in the wake of Corellia, it almost did. The Octarchy aided Darth Marr in his efforts to revitalize the Imperial War Effort. And it was at this time that our paths crossed.

Ilstera continued to lead the Octarchy Council until her death against the Zakuul Empire, granting the rank of Darth to several under her position, and appointing them to share her duties on the council. But this was not to last. In the days of the Revanite Crisis, the Octarchy were struck down by the Empire, fearing betrayal. And so Ilstera fled to the one place she knew she would be safe. I had wished to go with her, but duty called me elsewhere, and so she was left to live her life in peace, until the invasion forced her to action.

Standing firm along with the other Lords of the Octarchy, Ilstera led a swift and fearless campaign, until her untimely death passed the torch to her most trusted lieutenant, to carry on the war in her stead. Through fire and Arbitration her spirit marched, leaving behind a legacy of wisdom and foresight, in the typical irony of the fates. She was only one of many to give her life. But it is upon her legacy that the Octarchy fight on, to preserve life and peace within the galaxy..."

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Having had time to acclimate to his new surroundings, Voph began to record his summaries of past events and persons, both in a way to pass the time, and to restore records that had been lost to the Gulag and other such catastrophes. This recording is the first of many, in which Voph speaks of an old friend and ally, Darth Ilstera. It is rumored that the recording contains a secret message, leading to something...greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom