Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redeemer mk. 1 powered armour

Uriel

I Shall Know No Fear
MgOiymA.jpg

Image Source: Google
Intent: To provide Uriel with his own custom version of the Crusader armour befitting his elite status.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/46881-golden-sun-omega/
Manufacturer: Corellian Arms
Model: Redeemer mk. 1 powered armour
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: Minor
Production: Unique
Material: Titanium-Durasteel Alloy with Phrik weave layers
Classification: Powered Multipurpose
Weight: 156 kgs
Quality: 10
Special Features:
  • Heavily resistant to common anti-infantry weapons; phrik weave throughout armour makes it resistant to lightsabers and increases durability over base model.
  • Two small bacta canisters and a biofoam dispenser for injuries.
  • Liquid crystal layer in armor to reduce damage from ion weapons. Increased damage from sonic weapons because crystals.
  • Environmentally sealed with oxygen scrubbers and 30 minutes' oxygen reserve.
  • Magnetized boots and thighplates. Boots in case of winding up in vacuum, thighplates for holding magazines to armor. Additional mag-plates added to backpack/shoulderblades.
  • Reinforced spinal column and frame with armoured power cables for lifting weight in excess of 6 times body weight.
  • Assorted things most armor has; comm units, HUD with multiple vision modes - infrared, low light, thermal, etc. Interfaces directly with cybernetics.
  • Echani Mk.2 Energy Shield

Description: The Crusader Mk. 1 is one of the best power suits in the Galaxy, produced specifically for the Protectorate's Inquisition. As befitting many elite units, however, customised advanced versions of a piece are inevitable. Consider that the Lord Inquisitor has one of the greatest pieces of technical powered ingenuity in the Galaxy; it makes sense that the Inquisition seeks to re-create this in new ways for different people. The Redeemer is the first such attempt to test and create a unit. Whereas Sarge's Purgation suit is designed for overwhelming force with great defences and considerable bulk to fight five or six Sith with overwhelming firepower, the Redeemer suit is designed to be highly defensive against most kinds of attack without increasing the size-related bulk but without increasing any offensive capability. Mobility is the name of the game, tactical and flexible for a front-line soldier.

For the most part, this shares the same strengths and weaknesses of the original Crusader suit: good against ion, bad against sonic, the unit's weight, slightly protected joints and battery are weak points, as well as applying overwhelming firepower. In an ideal world, however, this suit is too bulky for a Force-user to throw immediately and too tanky for most people to simply dismiss. However, as befitting a veteran of the Inquisition, this has a number of modifications. The first major upgrade is the addition of the phrik weave throughout the armour. Using this as a framework for the armour allows it to be critically resistant to lightsabers. Given that the Inquisition was meant to be Force-killers, this was a natural change.

Like the old suit, the back contains the power generator. Being a unique unit, however, it means that more expensive parts can be dedicated to the power generator, increasing its power output to similar levels of the Purgation armour. Unlike the Purgation suit, the Redeemer does not need to handle an AI interface, an extra forty percent increase of strength and inbuilt weapons, thus allowing the power to be distributed in other ways. The primary use of this added power is the inbuilt shield generator. It is in essence the Echani Mk 2 combat shield, built directly into the suit. The first shield layer is low-power and constant, while the second layer kicks in when the reactive kinetic sensor detects a blaster shot of high enough power. This shield is specifically for energy weapons and, while it means Uriel cannot shrug off a heavy laser cannon, it means he may yet live while being hit by one. In addition to the natural resilience of the armour, this makes Uriel a solid force to be reckoned with.

The final change is the fact that it was designed specifically for Uriel, who now has a series of cybernetics. The helmet can now directly interface with his cybernetic eye, making it a considerably more accurate aiming system; this means that all aiming and zoom with the wide variety of systems patches through directly to him, making long-range sniping and vision variants even more effective.

Original Source: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/40233-mk-1-crusader-armor/and http://starwarsrp.net/topic/36492-purgation-armor/

[member="Uriel"] - This is quite a beefy sub, but the development thread is adequate and it's not terribly without weaknesses to compensate, but I'd like to see some notes about the weight affecting speed and endurance or something along those lines, as I do not recall almost any power armor allowing it's wearer to move at the same speed due to weight.

[member="Uriel"] - Out of 30 posts, you have 10 in the dev thread. Most of them aren't particularly long, and from what i've seen there is little relating to the development of an armor, but rather a minor tussle in which the abilities of the armor are barely show cased in any meaningful way. I'm sorry, but if you're insistent on the speed aspect of this armor I will have to also insist on an R&D thread detailing the differences of this armor from the other suit, and how/why that is.

The dev thread, when examined closer, is most dramatically full of other people and short posts and does not justify such a device as this sub currently is. You also reference SEVERAL times in the thread that the armor is Crusader armor, and nothing about a customized set, no detailing of the shield, or anything. If you want all these abilities without compromise, we're going to need to see them covered in a fairly detailed dev thread that showcases the differences in abilities between this custom suit and standard Crusader armor.

If this is acceptable, please let me know and we can discuss length and such.

Uriel

I Shall Know No Fear
[member="Ijaat Akun"] - I did the dev thread for the phrik, specifically. Suffer the devastating loss part of it.

Go ahead and pop this into WIP - I'll tag you with a more appropriate dev thread for the aspects you're after. How many posts do you want?

[member="Uriel"] - For the abilities you are wanting, about 20. That would make it the equal to the Crusader armor in terms of actual dev thread done, and should be more than fair. Feel free to invite someone else to help, as long as the posts keep up a quality and length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom