Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Ravens Dominion of Syvris OOC

HOW IT WORKS

Blahblahblah, we just need 100 posts, you'll just go get in a duel as per usual, right? HA!

NOPE.

If you do not read the instructions, you can reach 1000 posts, and I still will not award you this planet. Because I am a big ol' power hungry jerk like that. Trust me, Tefka is totes laid-back and lax in comparison, #TyrannyReigns does not begin to cover this.

So, the basics. You need to raise the Red Ravens approval rating until the folks on Syvris want, or at least will allow, us to take control. Every post you make can raise or lower the approval rating.

If you just blow things up, they will hate you, and band together to boot you out. Unless you can scare them enough that you can rule through fear, but you'd need to be able to keep an active presence in all the major areas to do that or as soon as you move on they will rebel. You can be sneaky, like pinning your terrorist acts on other people and then coming in and 'saving' the day. Ditto if there are no witnesses.

On the flipside, just going around and helping old ladies cross the street is not going to make a significant difference, unless you get publicity doing it. Plus some of the harder elements (most of Syvris) might think you're pushovers if you just go about helping people.

How do you know when you win? Well, when it's overwhelming I will tell you. Prior to that, you could initiate a public poll, but guess what happens to your approval rating if the public sees a poll and your results are bad?

THE SETTING

Syvris. More a moon than a true planet, but it doesn't let that stop it. There are various sized settlements in its major craters, including a shadowport in it's largest crater. Just refered to as the Shadowport, this is not the original, as that was destroyed twice, once by the Imperials and then again during the Gulag plague, but as the folks who make Syvris their home or usual port of call are stubborn and fiercely independent, it's been rebuilt each time.

The Shadowport is the primary haunt for the smugglers and spice peddlers, as well as most commerce. If someone lands on Syvris, it's usually here. Expect your usual independent smugglers, some families, dock workers, drug dealers, gangs, legitimate small businesses, the works.

The 'Pinkport' was named by the matron of it's leading establishment. She thought it was funny, it's best not to argue with her. Smugglers and drug barons need somewhere to spend their ill-gotten loot, and often like a little company if y'know what I mean. This crater is largely dedicated to the galaxies oldest profession, though there are also some rather good medical clinics where you can get anything done if you have the credits, high end fashion stores, florists, jewellers and chocolateers. These are an enterprising folks, and since the working girls and boys are often brought gifts by their patrons, why not make it easy for them to find those gifts?

The Rancors Den is ruled by a drug baron who doesn't care what goes on, as long as he gets his cut. Slums, spice dens, bars.. There is very little new and clean here, but most of the inhabitants can't see straight enough to notice anyway. Whatever your vice is, you can find it here. Whether or not you manage to walk out again is another issue. Many of the people here are desperate, either for their next hit, or to get out of this hellhole by any means possible.

The Gentlemen's Club. Funnily enough, this is currently run by a woman. It used to be a true Gentlemen's club, for whatever male smugglers were currently affluent enough to play at being gentlemen. The current President took offence to not being invited, and instigated a bloody coup. Now all that determines whether a being can join is how they dress, and how many credits are in their pocket. Many major business dealings are completed here while folks lounge about with expensive drinks in big plush chairs.

Various other dwelling and independent businesses can be found in the smaller craters.

ANY RULES?

You remember I mentioned I was your God for this thread? If you're stupid, if you try and take on an army by yourself, no matter how powerful you are, unless you write it out really well, I will smack you down. In this thread, as God, I will godmode you. I will not kill your character, I will however knock them out, steal a kidney, dump them in space in a leaky escape pod or throw them in prison. Your fellow Ravens can choose to save you, and it could be fun, but be aware there will be consequences to your actions.

This account will be actively DMing for you. I'll be throwing in NPC's for you. If your character wants information, RP yourself looking for it, and if I think your methods would work, I will provide.

Above all, have fun!

I know I will be.. ;)

LINK:
Dominion Thread

For why is this not in your faction forum? Because it's fun, and y'all should try Dominions like this. Also, maybe you really, really want to take part. If you send me a good story, maybe I'll let you in.

What's Happened So Far?

[member="Deborah Waller"] has gone to the Gentlemen's Club.
-Has learned the current President of the Club has been referred to as 'Lady Bochkareva'
-Has learned it is one of the patrons birthday
[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] has infiltrated the Gentlemen's Club
-Is currently posing as an 'entertainer'
-Has won over a stock trader named Stanley
[member="Cryax Bane"] is going to the Rancors Den
-Has learned the Drug Baron goes by 'The Rancor'
-Has learned the Drug Baron's real name is Alejandro Domivek
-Has learned Alejandro's personal comm number
-Has learned what Alejandro looks like
-Has learned Alejandros interests include women, sick stunts, getting ripped and killing people with his bare hands
-Has learned Alejandro is so egotistical that he doesn't care what his lovers are as long as they adore him
[member="Dakita Calfur"] is in the Shadowport
-Has found an unpopular doomsday cult
[member="Jathin Fallin"] is in the Shadowport
-Has learned Pinkports Matron is feuding with the President of the Gentlemen's Club
-Has learned about a big spice deal
-Has learned an establishment called the Nexu's Kitten in Pinkport received a new shipment of girls
-Has learned about a smuggler trying to offload a cargo that's driving him crazy
[member="Keira Ticon"] is in Pinkport
-Has been a visible presence
-Is being propositioned by a Zeltron freelancer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom