Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Receptor-class Mine Layer Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
elite_dangerous_fan_art__anaconda_by_maximilianyuen-day6m3y.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a nimble corvette for quickly creating a minefield in a warzone.
  • Image Source: Maximilian Yuen
  • Canon Link: None
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Ignus Industries
  • Model: Receptor-class Mine Layer Corvette
  • Affiliation:
    Company Name(s)
    Ignus Industries
    Ignus Black

Faction Name(s)
    The Sith Ascendancy
    The Reformation
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Alusteel frame with Neutronium-impregnated allusteel hull.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Support/Mine Layer
  • Length: 186m
  • Width: 74m
  • Height: 58m
  • Armament: Low
  • Defenses: High
    OPDL's
    Overlapping Shield Platform
  • Hangar: 36 Reader Mines with the hangar being a deploying mechanism rather than a true hangar.
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Moderate
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average: Class 2
SPECIAL FEATURES
Strengths:
  • Quick compared to most Corvettes it's size.
  • Capable of deploying mines rapidly on a battlefield.
  • Good defenses.
Weaknesses:
  • Low armament by comparison to other craft it's size.
  • One grade level slower Hyperdrive compared to most modern warships.
  • No cargo capability other than essential supplies.
Description: In layman's terms this is a simple corvette designed to deploy mines. It is capable of moving quickly about the battlefield to deploy it's mine cargo before retreating behind the main line of capital vessels to provide rear support. Due to its lack of heavy armament it is not meant to provide front line battle support, and is only suited for rear guard once it's payload has been deployed.

The ship carries its allotment of mines in a deploying rack situated within what would otherwise be the hangar or storage area, which limits it's cargo carrying capability to only that of essential supplies such as rations and munitions. She can take a beating, which is how she's able to rush in and deploy her mines before swiftly withdrawing, but she's not going to run in capital craft and get in a gunfight. In the end she's a mine layer and rear support vessel only.

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Hi there! Good to see something a little different being submitted. Now, this seems to be more or less in order, but just looking at the balance, could you either drop production to limited or armaments to very low? Do that and we're all set.

- [member="Ignus"] -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom