Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebuilding (All Good Guys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Thread Closed
___

Rebuilding: A Thread for all Allied Forces on Coruscant
___

Prologue
The Long Night of Plague had changed things. Made dwarfs out of giants. But even the smallest of hope was a fire for the soul. Familiarity remained. And here, in the ruins of Coruscant, those familiar forces were stirring. The heroes of the galaxy were awake once more. Trading their slumbers of night for the hammer's chime of work and dawn. The journey of rebirth was upon them. And the foundations for a new era had only just begun.
___

Coruscant
The surface. After the long night of plague that had swept over the planet, the surface world held a whole new meaning for it's humble people. Living among the clouds and the sunlight brought a small reminder of life and fire to this metal world. It gave the remaining red flags a place to billow in the wind. It gave the underworlders a refuge from the dark. And every falling star reminded these great people that they were not alone in the galaxy. If even for a moment.

"...Karen. Hey. Help me over here would you?"

"Sure thing Grant. Toss me that spanner over there. Thanks."

Two Jedi stood at the intersection of a once popular thoroughfare. A metropolitan city intersection. Glittering like silver and gold with it's tall towers and long sweeping vista. It's towers now abandoned of power and people. This ghost-town was the frontier now. The new suburbs of a growing community that was rising out of Alta City. And the Jedi Duo, Karen Roberts and Grant Pherson, were part of the civilian team that was going to put it back together again.

"...Okay great! Now just push the generator over towards me a little. Thats it. ...Right there. Perfect."

"Grant. Watch those power couplings over there. I don't want our supply lines severed just because we are running the electronics above ground now."

Pioneering a new frontier meant getting power, water, and food to the empty sectors of the skyline metropolis. Nothing fancy either. All the equipment was modular. Carried in by truck or built on-site. If you lived on Coruscant right now? You were an engineer, like it or not, everyday.

"Sensor Tower is in place and the generator is up and running. Want me to move it into the shade?"

"No. Just leave it in the street for now Grant. Bravo Team out of Alta City will be in tomorrow to put up the finishing touches on this sector. ...Did you finish the scan of the Water Tower?"

"Yeah. The Probes are reading a few holes here and there in the pipeline system. But if we get those welded shut, the four towers should get pressure. No problem."

"Okay then. So, we got power. We got buildings. And next week we should get the water working again. All we need is for the Volunteer Workers to bring the food truck in and we'll be all set for resettlement."

"Haha. Nice! ...The Jedi Service Corps are back in business baby! Yeah! Clothing the naked and feeding the hungry. What shall we conquer next. Haha."

The two Jedi smiled and nodded at their fine handy work. This ghost town was cleaning up nicely.

"Well Grant? The Sensor Tower is reading the All Clear too. We're all alone out here. No bandits, marauders, rakghouls, or heat signatures of any kind. Ha! So I guess we can skip the security sweep and head back to Command."

"Awe'some! I'll radio ahead to Command with our stasis here and then get the truck fired up. I can't wait to get back inside the wire for some hot chow. Throw me my lightsaber yeah."

"You said it brother. Come on. Let's go."

Together the jumpsuit duo mounted up in their Service Corps Truck and hauled off back to Base Command. The rebuilding was going quickly this side of the city. Soon, the Jedi and the Republic would be back on their territorial feet in no time. Passing the outer walls of the Green Zone left the two Jedi to smirk between themselves at the high walls,

"You know what I always say Karen?.."

"...Yes I do Mr Grant. Good walls,.."

"...Make for good neighbors. Haha."

They laughed together and drove along with a smile. It was good to celebrate a moment of levity. Especially in these difficult times.
____

Command
Bustling. It was the shortest way to describe all the trucks, and vehicles, and landing craft that were shuffling around the concrete paradise. Everybody had something to do and everyone had somewhere to be. In contrast to most of the empty parts of Coruscant. Command was a bee hive of activity. On paper of course, Command was nothing more than a large grouping of supply depots and engineering bays surrounding a Mobile Command Center. Some of the depots belonged to the Jedi Service Corps with their symbol painted alongside. Some the bays belonged to the Republic Volunteer Corps and flew a robust red flag from off of their antennas. However, most of the long tents and tarp-buildings belonged to the Refugee and Charity Organizations. Running soup lines and chow halls for the mercenaries, stragglers, and work crews. It was a humble place. But it was also the front lines of the battle for reviving a starving planet. It was a center of hope.

"Yo Karen? I'm gonna hit the Bar later. Want to join me after your shift is over?"

"Sure thing Grant. Just let me check in with the Supervisor over in Depot Four. I'll be along and we can shoot darts just like the old days."

"Haha. Jedi badasses forever! See ya soon!"

Karen smiled and waved her friend away. Now was her moment of peace. Now was her moment of zen. Time to finish up her shift, change out of her jumpsuit, and catch a shower before evening. If everything went smoothly today, she might even have time for midnight meditation again. Maybe.

Depot Four was just around the corner. A large and spacious garage by the Jedi Service Corps for storing their personnel. Bunks and footlockers stacked one on top of the other. Cubicles arranged out on the dry cement that doubled for offices, ready rooms, and server storage. It was a somber site but a clean one too. However, they did at least have working showers. And that was a welcome luxury.

"Karen Roberts reporting sir."

The Jedi woman gave a snap salute and then crossed her arms for a short bow. Her supervisor was also a Jedi and organization was paramount in these troubling times.

"At ease Roberts. Hand in your report on my desk in cubicle five. Pherson already called ahead and gave us the green light. Good work out there. Bravo Team will be finishing up that sector tomorrow. Your free to go. May the Force be with you."

"May the Force be with us always, sir. And thank you."

Karen have another salute and a bow. Turning to go and very much looking forward to getting a shower in. A change of clothing too. Well. Because, come evening around here? The Bar was the place to be.
___

Mike's Bar and Grill
Evening
Celebration. After another long hard day of rebuilding your world, it was good to get together and let some steam off. Every mercenary, crewman, Jedi, Republic, and service man came to only one spot. Right here. Depot 31. Mike's Bar and Grill. It was officially the Fire Station by day and the 'celebration station' by night. The off-duty Fire Teams were running the bar and the Refugee's helped keep the folding tables and chairs clean. There was only one rule at Mike's Bar and Grill. Keep it clean and keep it simple. ...Oh. And NO DROIDS.

"...Haha! Karen! Yeah! You made it girl. Look at you. Looking so fine and sexy in your red chitin armor. Haha. ...Wow, girl. You have got to learn to relax."

"Easy there cowboy. We're still Jedi. Through and through. You and me Grant. Let's not lose our shirts this time, okay."

"Haha! Whoa. Whoa. I feel ya. And have no fear. I can drink a whole pack of Near Beer and still feel the Force. Trust me."

"I trust the Force more than I trust you and cheap republic beer Grant. Haha. Now let's see if your still as good at darts as you used to be."

"Haha. After you my dear girl. After you."

Karen and Grant retreated from the festive bar scene to play alone off the back depot wall. Content to spend the evening chatting and throwing little red darts into a large poster of an old Imperial Stormtrooper. Content to remain happy, simple, and looking forward to tomorrow. After all, it was just another day in the company of the Allied Forces.
___

It was just another day on the phoenix world of Coruscant.
___

ooc: anybody is welcome to jump on in and meet Karen playing darts at the Bar. stop on by and say hello! and don't forget to 'follow' and 'like' this topic. thanks for dropping by! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom