Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebirth

Dezoti

D
Darkness. Darkness was everywhere. It had always been there, consuming him, devouring his light. Years passed. He could see through the darkness, but never could he leave. He watched his child grow into something of his nightmares. He watched as with his own hands the darkness killed so many people. Millions. He had almost lost himself completely. But he hadn't been lost, no. [member="Minna"] had come. Had saved him.

But where was he now?

Slowly Krest opened his eyes from his living nightmare, staring out. It was cloudy, as if he was underwater. Water? He did feel wet after all. Bacta! He was in a bacta tank! Slowly his gaze looked around, trying to find something, anything, to tell him where he was.

All he saw was an empty hospital room. And a Droid doctor. The Droid spoke up in his head, probably head phones, talking in the smoothest voice a Droid vocal box could provide.

"Please remain calm. You've been asleep for about a week as your wounds healed. We're waking you up, but it will take a moment to adjust."

With that, the Zabrak was pulled from the waters. A single hand reached out as he tried to pull himself free, but then something hit him. He only had one arm. Panic began to set into Krest's mind as he turned his head to find his other arm.

It wasn't there. Just a stump by the shoulder. Since Ferus had him, he had been use to having both of his arms. And his legs. A sad realization set in as he looked down to where his left leg should have been. Missing, just like his arm.

Free of the bacta tank the man was set on a nearby bed, dried, and the cybernetic implants for his limbs began to be applied.

Krest was back, in all his cyborg gloriousness.

With a whoosh the door opened, allowing Minna to enter and see her beloved. A man so close to her laid out with two missing limbs was a tough sight, but she was strong enough to stand it. Slowly she moved across the room, her eyes locked towards his.
"How're you feeling?" She asked as she reached him, softly placing her hand on his chest as a way to comfort him. Not only did she aim to reassure him, but channel some of her energy into a small soothing sensation to help. Right now she was worried about him, he had been trapped in Ferus' shadow for longer than any normal man could bear. Deep down she knew he could handle it, but her affection wavered that fact somewhat.

"I don't want to rush you, but we need to get you back on your feet." Minna's hand drop down from his chest and back to her side, as the medical droid needed space to do his work. "There's a storm coming," A turn of her head slightly, as if listening to something only she could hear. "I can feel it. Something isn't right, I don't think we're safe just yet; not while the Assassins still roam the galaxy, and-" Her voice cut, as if it struggled to continue, yet she pushed on. "Not while Asajj is with them..." She had hoped to stay optimistic when Krest awoke, but the subject of their daughter was hard to avoid. It wasn't her daughter's death that she feared, but everything worse than death Ferus could think of. Soon enough she took a deep breath, allowing the force to calm her.

"We need a plan."

[member="Krest"]

Dezoti

D
"Much, much better now that you're here." it was cheesy, yes. But at the same time it was true. [member="Minna"] was all he needs to smile now. Slowly he would push himself up on the temporary cybernetic limb, a smile wide on his face. "I'm glad you're here."

The smile faded though at the mention of their daughter. He had seen her fall, but he would not simply give up. After the moment of seeming donut, he once more smiled for the woman. "We'll get her back. And we will be a family. A real family. Not even Ferus can stop that." Did he truly believe it? He wasn't sure. Then again, he was still somewhat sedated. The droid began to work on his leg, but he continued regardless. "I need to regain my strength. I can feel how much it has dwindled over the years of stasis. And I need my equipment. I know where it all is, given Ferus would never touch them. Once I can get moving, we get my gear. Then we get Asajj."

His words for her made her deeply happy, reminding her of the man she had first fallen in love with. The real Krest.
"I'll pull a few strings, I still have contacts from long ago that will get us around Sith Space easily enough." Her old network of spies and informants had never truly died, they still believed they worked for a woman named Valtryx. "What do you want to start with? Your connection to the force is..." A slight pause as she felt his aura, damaged and suppressed after so long being imprisoned. "... weaker than it should be. But your equipment would be helpful too. I'm guessing it won't be extremely easy recovering your stuff, so we can work on making you stronger along the way." How long until he could fight the Assassins was the question that bugged her. She had come a long way from her own weakening, yet even now she could not face them all alone. The few names she had managed to grab through months of work only showed how dangerous most of them were.

"You'll be back on your robotic feet in no time, I promise."

[member="Krest"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom