Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebellion Reward

Working on this over the next few days. Don't expect too much immediately. Feel free to chime in. Base idea is a lightsaber focus crystal (intent) that could be added to armor or jewelry for bonuses too.

tumblr_nwlutzMq3X1sh1wnzo1_1280.jpg
or
tumblr_o0ncklMTqF1sh1wnzo1_1280.jpg

Image Source: HERE or HERE
Intent: Reward for select members of the Witchmasters in their Rebellion on Kintan against the Hutt Cartel
Development Thread: Masters of the Dead Road
Manufacturer: Ostanes, Various Darthomirian Witches
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Witchmaster Participants in Kintan Rebellion, Named NPCs in the Rebellion (List incoming of recipients)
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: ________ crystal, imbued with Dathomirian Magic & Spirit Ichor
Description: TBA
Primary Source: N/A (at current time)

A probable dumb question from a person who isn't actually well-versed in SW lore:

What would this do if mounted in armor/non-lightsabers? I understand that for lightsabers the crystal focuses/creates the beam (right???), but why would I place it in armor/jewelry?

[member="Ostanes"]

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"] - Exact effects are undetermined, but my idea is to leave it vague. Thematically, a much less powerful version of the Ankarres Sapphire, in that it's abilities subsist and continue no matter in what form you utilize it, basically. The effects would vary...

To use the Ankarres (and it won't be Lightside only, or healing, only an example in functionality) if that gem were to be in your hands, it can amplify healing ability, as a lightsaber crystal it might deal more damage to darksiders, in armor it might help repel disease and sickness, and those effects are on top of constant effects...

Does that sorta make sense? I'm struggling to word it, I find.

Special crystal holds special properties just like how a taozin nodule, or Liqueur, or implemented as hide armor can still produce close to the same effects.

[member="Ostanes"], [member="Asemir Lor'kora"],

[member="Ember Rekali"] | [member="Asemir Lor'kora"] | [member="Curupira Hawk"]

Some ideas for a crystal base:

• Katak Crystal - Found (non-exclusively) in the Yavin system, in ancient Death Star debris. Very rare. Historically associated with Darksiders. Slowly drains the life energy from all around, causing mild fatigue, and siphoning a portion of energy from those killed with the saber. Prolonged exposure can be fatal.
  • Qixoni Crystal [X] - Found in the supernova remnants of the Qixoni system, and on Dagobah. Very rare. Enhances Force abilities. Generally associated with the Dark Side. Red blade.
  • Vexxtal - Imbued with the Dark Side. Wounds from these sabers are difficult to heal (interpretation of ‘corruption damage’ effect).
  • Lignan Crystal [X] - Found as Lignan ore on the moon of Phaegon III. Notable for extreme cutting power. Heavily imbued with the Dark Side, to the point where its presence is addictive and causes light-headedness after use.

These are the crystals I am thinking of using... The idea is to use the Cults thematic of blood-rites to require the crystal to be bonded to the user via blood ritual. I am favoring the Vexxtal so far. Making it such that in a saber, its' wounds are grevious and hard to heal. Set in armor, it would be a minor Force Nexus, and just out of it it would provide an amplification to dathomirian magic/any magic utilizing blood in the ritual...

Thoughts? Opinions?

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
[member="Ostanes"] I like it. Cult-oriented weapons sound epic. Besides, we Witches perform some ceremonies with blood, usually on the person and not the lightsaber but it'll fit right in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom