Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Reader Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Serpents_Venom.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a high explosive smart mine for deployment on the battlefield.
  • Image Source: Tobin Mine
  • Canon Link: None
  • Development Thread: None
  • Primary Source: Seeker Mine, Baradium Missile
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Company Name(s)
Ignus Industries
Ignus Black

Faction Name(s)
The Sith Ascendancy
The Reformation
  • Modularity: None
  • Production: Mass Produced
  • Material: Alusteel, Electronics, Engines, Baradium, Proton Charge
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Anti-starship Mine
  • Size: Ship Deployed
  • Length: 2m
  • Weight: 425kg
  • Ammunition Type: Baradium with a Proton Charge
  • Ammunition Capacity: 300kg
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Single Shot
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • IFF Receiver
  • Explosives (Baradium with a Proton Charge)
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
This mine is capable of receiving and reading the IFF signals of various ships. As such, this mine should only be deployed in off-limits locations or on battle fields, as the mine will read any IFF not coded as friendly as an enemy IFF and seek it out to destroy it. The mine is packed with Baradium which is triggered by a Proton Charge upon detection of close proximity with the target vessel.

Strengths:
  • Can read IFF signals
  • Can move to the target location
Weaknesses :
  • Incapable of being reprogrammed once deployed
  • One time use (if it goes boom, it's done)

DESCRIPTION
The Reader Mine was designed to expand upon conventional seeker mines. Traditionally, seeker mines are indiscriminate in their targets. Any vessel that comes within range of the mine is targeted. While this is effective for creating kill corridors around locations you want to keep people out of, it is extremely ineffective in a combat situation in which you might, say, want to lay down mines to cover your rear in case an enemy force enters the system behind you. With that fact in mind, and out of an abundance of caution, the design for the Reader Mine moved forward. Said mine is capable of picking up the IFF transmissions of nearby vessels, and ascertain whether it is on its programmed list of acceptable craft. If it is, the mine will remain dormant, even if a ship happens to bump into it. If, however, the mine receives an IFF that is not on its accepted list of recipients, then the mine becomes active, it's engines propelling it towards the enemy vessel, and exploding it upon proximity. These large baradium explosions are capable of eating up starfighters in proximity, but the mine is designed primarily for use against enemy capital ships. Additionally, the mine is large enough that it must be laid by a mine-laying vessel, and cannot be carried by starfighters or ships not equipped for deploying mines.

Affiliation changed from Sith Order to Sith Ascendancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom