Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Reach For The Sky

Tag: Takumi Tikotzki Takumi Tikotzki

IGqn8QU.png

Today was a big day. Cyran was to be training his apprentice Takumi today in the air of aerial maneuvering and maybe some mock combat. Nothing too serious since this was dangerous and if they weren’t careful, Takumi could end up losing their life. And worse, permanently ruin Cyran’s mood and increase his insurance premiums. He’d parked his light freighter out on the shores of one of Lothals numerous massive lakes.

He had Takumi wait outside with R4-P4 to make sure no bad weather would sneak up on them. Cyran wanted to do this on a more rural planet and not some cluttered ecumenopolis. But also not some deserted planet in the case they needed some kind of emergency evacuation from a horrible crash. Cyran was getting all the flight gear he had available. He’d gotten his Sky Striker 5000 outside, before finally walking down the loading ramp with a Jetpack in his arms.

Approaching Takumi he handed the piece of gear over to him. “Here you go, get this strapped on nice and secure.” It was his old Z-6 Jetpack, it had some dents and scratches, as well as missing the large anti-vehicle rocket that typically jutted out the top of it. “Okay, let’s go over the basic controls and get it sync up with your armor so it can be a more natural user experience.” After which he would go over some basic low height and short distance rocket assisted jumps.

Takumi Tikotzki

best looking bounty hunter at your service

Lothal

Ed7I9uxXkAA1hZA.jpg

Tags: Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas
Planet: Lothal
Clothes/Armor: Phase II Clone Trooper Armor
Weapons/Gear: IB-94 blaster pistole
Ambience: Training montage

Takumi looked around outside of the ship. His first time visiting Lothal. He took a deep breath while waiting for Cyran to get out of the ship. He wore his Phase II Clone Trooper armor but without the helmet this time. Takumi didn't think it necessary for today, since he knew, today was training for him. When Cyran went down the ramp, Takumi turned around, looking at Cyran. Of course, he noticed the Sky Striker, as well as the jetpack, Cyran was carrying, and as Cyran handed him the jetpack, Takumi nodded shortly and grabbed the jetpack. "You sure this thing still works?" he asked quite carefully. The jetpack didn't look very nice anymore. No matter what the answer would be, Takumi would take the jetpack and slide it down his back, so it would get stripped to his armor, for a tight grip. Some Clone Trooper armors were fitted with technology, to wear things like that and so was Takumi's armor. As soon as he was ready, his eyes would look for Cyran again. "All right, good to go. How do I look?" he asked with a bright smile. For Takumi, he had to look good, while being badass.

"Basic controls?" Takumi scoffed. "Who needs that? Look at the Mandalorians, they just fly through the sky, easy peasy like a Shyyyo bird flying over the forests of Kashyyyk. Can't be that hard"

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran nodded when Takumi asked him if it still worked. He made sure to test it a week prior. Make sure the thrusters were well calibrated and there were no fuel leaks. His apprentice took the jetpack and asked how he looked. “Well, like a soldier out of time I guess hehe.” He felt like that made sense. They were wearing armor that was hundreds of years old as well as a very dated jetpack. “Has a nice vintage look.” Cyran added.

He heard Takumi scoff at the idea of needing to learn the basic controls as he walked over to his Sky Striker. Looking back he replied. “Well those same Mandalorians needed to learn it too and diligently practice. The Rising Phoenix is a style of training and name I believe.” After that he thought for a moment before confessing. “To be honest this might be your most dangerous training. Especially for training that’s non combative, at least not yet. It’s one thing to possibly accidentally lose a hand training with our force pikes. It’s another to have your whole body crash into the ground at 100 miles per hour. No amount of bacta will fix that.” Cyran said, hoping that Takumi would understand the gravity of the situation. After speaking he sat down on his tiny repulsor craft which hovered a few feet off the ground.

“Now I want you to try and get the controls figured out, lucky for you it should be easier with it being able to sync up with the rest of your armor, and then when your ready I want you to try and hover just a few feet off the ground, and try to be as stable as you can.” It might sound insultingly easy but if Takumi has never had any prior experience needing to suspend him in air via thrust it may be a bit of a learning curve.

Takumi Tikotzki

Lothal

Ed7I9uxXkAA1hZA.jpg

Takumi liked Cyran's comment on his looks. He smiled slightly, while checking the jetpack on his back, to make sure, it was really and safely put on. "Rising phoenix, eh?" he repeated after Cyran. "Fancy". Though it wasn't noticeable through the eyes of someone else, maybe only through the skill of feeling someone else's emotions, talking about Mandalorians and using them as an example, gave Takumi his motivation to keep on going, and do the training, Cyran gave him. "You know....." Takumi started talking, raising his head and looking at Cyran, but quickly cut off. "Nevermind...." he then added to it. After Cyran then kept talking and was telling him about the danger, Takumi smiled nervously at Cyran. "Well...That's very reassuring Cyran...Thanks. I see you mastered the skill of pep talks, eh?" typical Takumi behavior, to hide his emotions behind a curtain of humor.

Takumi raised his left arm, where a datapad was mounted on his forearm armor plating. With the help of this datapad, he was able to do as Cyran said. To sync up the armor with the jetpack. It took a few types on the touchable surface of the datapad, but after some moments, Takumi got the sync right and was now ready to roll....well fly was more the term for it. "All right. good to go" he said to Cyran. Shortly after he warmed himself up, by making some bunny hops, shaking his limps, to warm them up, followed by some heave breathings, because he was a little nervous though. After he was ready, he got into a more stable position, his left leg being in front, while the right one was behind. "All or nothing" he said, and with a simple touch on his datapad, the jetpack activated itself, and two flames were seen coming out of the pipes of the jetpack. The flames weren't that long, since the jetpack didn't use 100% of it's power. Therefore Takumi started lifting up slowly.

Very shakingly, Takumi hoovered above the ground, the gras on the ground under him being pushed away for a moment due to the jetpack. "Okokokok......What do I do now?!" Takumi asked quite shakingly. A few times he lost his balance shortly, but caught himself again, by spreading his arms, to have more control over the balance. It was a very strange and unfamiliar feeling for Takumi. He felt like he was in no control of anything. Panic started rising a little in him, this being seen by his heart rate, that skyrocketed. Though he was only a very short distance away from the ground.

IGqn8QU.png

It seemed as though Takumi wanted to say something but cut themselve’s off. Cyran found it curious but wouldn’t press the issue and try to pry it from him. If it was important and something they really wanted to say they’d do so when they were ready. When they mentioned his not so confidence inspiring statement earlier Cyran would reply. “I just want you to understand that this isn’t something to be reckless about.”

Sitting back he watched as they tried to sync up the jetpack with the armor. Though he silently shook his head when they said it was all or nothing. Which he didn’t think was the proper attitude to have when training. This was the safe place to make mistakes and learn from them unlike if they were on the job right now. Cyran watched cautiously, readying his vambraces in case things went poorly and he could catch them in his miniaturized tractor beam. Seeing them begin to hover slightly off the ground and hearing them ask for some direction or guidance Cyran would speak out over the jetpack’s thrusters. He also sensed their rapidly increasing anxiety.

“You’re doing Great Tik-Tak, just keep your balance steady and get familiar with the feeling of weightlessness.” Cyran felt like it was a good time to telepathically pass on some more positive energy. Still thrilling and excited, which was still appropriate, but trying to set aside any fear or concerns. “If you can power through the unease you can learn to regain any feelings that you’re losing control. Remember, you control the jetpack and it doesn’t control you, and you can always deactivate it and become grounded again and regain your stability.” Cyran typically felt like his apprentice needed to manage their confidence, but in this case it seemed that they needed a bit of a boost so they don’t fear this added technology to their kit.

Takumi Tikotzki

Lothal

Ed7I9uxXkAA1hZA.jpg

Takumi tried his best, to stabilize himself while hoovering above the ground with his jetpack. For some moments it seemed, like he figured it out, but then mostly, he looked like he was about to loose control. Though Cyran tried to help, Takumi still had a unease feeling in himself. He really wasn't sure about this.

Slowly but surely, after some time, Takumi felt like he had figured it out. He looked confident and stable. "That's easy!" he shouted exitingly at Cyran. With this newly gotten confidence, Takumi became reckless. Too reckless. "Hey look at this!" He said, and pushed the limits of the jetpack. In his mind, Takumi thought already, that he had figured it out and could anything with it now, but oh boi was he wrong. With the limits pushed higher, the flames on the jetpack became stronger and in a blink of an eye, Takumi flew in the air like a rocket, screaming excited. Feeling free and having no worries, he flew around.

At first it looked like he was in control, but then suddendly while looking at him, one could see him flying uncontrolably through the air. The scream of excitement turned into a desperate scream of fear. His thoughts were flying trought his head, as he tried to find a solution but to no avail. He wasn't in control. He felt lost. With highspeed, a few hundred meters next to Cyran, Takumi crashed into the ground and created a path where he had slid many more meters on the ground.

Silence creeped up on the field, as the sound of the jetpack enginge has completely stopped, as well as Takumi and his sceam. He just lied on the ground. His Armor covered in dirt and blood. Some parts of his armor even came of, due to the strong force of the colision of him and the ground. His face covered in mud and blood, that mixed up into becoming a thick layer of dark brown, a broken right arm, that was completly dislocated to a point, where bones were seen. After some moments, Takumi opened one eye. The green eye, looked around in shock and panic, though he didn't move. His breathing became fast and he grasped for air because he thought he would suffocate. "Help...." he tried to say, very quietly, though he tried to use all his remaining force to speak loudly. His eye teared up.

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran watched as he began to stabilize himself. He smirked approvingly before his eyes widened with concern. It seemed before he could tell them to stop it was too late and they’d shot themselves into the air. Cyran worriedly clenched both his fists in dread, terror, disappointment, and a bit of anger as Takumi took it too far. Quickly he got up onto his sky striker to try and save Takumi mid air but it was too late. Looking over a few hundred meters away they’d crashed.

Cyran’s heart sank, fearful for Takumi’s life now and that his apprentice might just have died. Starting up his small repulsor craft he quickly flew himself over to where the crash landing occurred. All the while radioing in to his astromech R4-P4. “P4 we have an emergency! Takumi’s hurt, get any medical equipment we got out here, and get the pit droids to help too! Hurry!” As he got close Cyran hopped off his sky striker and ran over to Takumi’s side. Hearing their quiet call for help.

Despite how hurt they surely were feeling and the panic Cyran could telepathically sense he was honestly really relieved to just know that Takumi wasn’t dead. Scrambling over to his side on the ground, Cyran tried to quickly though gently roll Takumi onto their back some and off their broken arm.
“Alright Tik-Tak, you’re still with me buddy, you’re gonna be okay, I promise.” He said his tone was pretty serious but honest. Possibly even trying to telepathically give them a sense they were going to be okay, even if they really hurt right now. In all honesty they were probably gonna be hurting for a month from that fall. Carefully Cyran began to check Takumi’s head for any clear wounds, mostly for his cranium, and less for his face. Keeping his head up some off the ground one of Cyran’s hand’s reach around on his utility belt. Pulling out a can of bacta spray. “Okay this might sting just a little bit but it’ll help alright. Hey and keep your eyes up here and look at me okay?” He said, trying to keep them supported and as calm as possibly before applying some of the bacta spray to their head wounds. Looking over he got a better view of Takumi’s broken arm and compound fracture. Grimacing some at the wound and applying a bit more spray to his arm as well, Cyran also saw some of the droid “backup” leaving the ship and getting closer. P4 and a small team of pit droids with a proper medkit and stretcher even. “We’re here for you Takumi, we’re gonna get you help and take you to a hospital. Like I said you’re gonna be alright.” Cyran added while he carefully began to take off more bits and pieces from their armor to get a better idea of the damage done.

Takumi Tikotzki

Lothal

Ed7I9uxXkAA1hZA.jpg

Takumi tried not to move, since any movement hurt for him. When Cyran lift his head up, Takumi began to grunt slightly. "Is it bad?" He asked in pain. The bacta spray, that touched his face, felt like needles piercing into his skin, which caused him yet again to to make a noise. This time a hiss was heard coming out of his mouth. As his head was now lifted, he also opened his other eye and looked at Cyran. He wanted to tell Cyran some stuff, but he just couldn't do it. Speaking hurt. He felt ashamed and sad.

With his still intact arm, which was bruised very hard, he tried to lift it and with his hand grabbed Cyrans arm. "Don't leave....Please" he said desperatly with all his force he could collect to speak, ignoring the pain as much as possible for that moment.

IGqn8QU.png

Hearing Takumi ask him if it was bad, Cyran quickly replied. “You’ll live, and I’m confident you won’t need any cybernetic replacements.” He explained to them honestly. It gave him no pleasure to cause him any more discomfort with the bacta spray. But a momentary sting from it will definitely be better than a swelling brain.

Looking back at his droids they were getting close now. He then felt Takumi grab his arm and looked back down at him. “Not a chance Takumi, I’m sticking right by your side.” After he spoke, R4-P4 rolled up next to Takumi on their opposite side, checking out their bad arm. The astromech let out some concerned chirps before commenting on how he wasn’t a medical droid. With that Cyran felt like that might not be such a bad addition to add to his crew. Sadly with hindsight it was too late to regret that now. He could feel Takumi’s shame and likely regret. But Cyran wasn't really angry at him, just concerned

Getting the medkit from P4 the other small pit droids arrived too with a small expandable stretcher. Again trying to work aid quickly wet gently Cyran tried to bandage up Takumi’s bad arm soon, more so just to keep it stable. “Sorry, but this is probably gonna hurt a bit, but we gotta get back to the ship so we can get you more proper care okay?” He said, letting Takumi know so that they can possibly brace themselves for getting moved around some. After Which he got up and the couple of pit droids shyly stepped around Takmui and as carefully as they could lift him up some and place him on the stretcher. With that they began to carry him back to the ship.

-”Closest medical center is a few hundred miles east, not a far flight. I’ll get the ship ready.”- Said R4-P4 before deploying some of their jet thrusters and flying back over to the ship to get it ready.

Looking back down at Takumi, Cyran spoke to him once more. “I’m sure it likely looks and feels worse than it actually is. I’m just mose concerned about your arm and that thick noggin of yours.”

Takumi Tikotzki

Lothal

Ed7I9uxXkAA1hZA.jpg

As they began to lift Takumi up, he let out some screams of pain, but in the end it worked. His breathing being heavy, he looked around until he focused Cyran. "You're probably right. I have better healing abilities anyways, just don't know if my arm will heal as fast" he said in pain.

On the way to the ship, Takumi remained quiet. His emotions all over the place, he didn't know if he should be grateful that Cyran stayed and helped or be angry at him, for letting him do this. After all in situations like this, it's always easier to blame other people rather than blame oneself. Maybe there was a lesson in this? But if so, Takumi couldn't figure this out.

On the ship, Takumi was probably placed on a bed, where he would remain. "I can't do this Cyran. Maybe it's better I stay with walking. Seems a little safer" Yet again, making everything easier by simply saying he can't do it, rather then keep on trying. He was too scared.

IGqn8QU.png

“Oh yeah you’re right, I almost forgot you’re not wholly human. So that’ll definitely work in your favor here I bet. I guess on the bright side we’re already ahead of the game here some.” Cyran could very easily sense the rapid mental and emotional turmoil, which was understandable. Now especially that there’s been at least a bit of time to process what had just happened. He was sure that with further hindsight that he’d think of ways he could’ve made things safer, and feel more or less guilty with time.

When they got into the ship they took him to a bed and placed him there as gently as they could. Leaving the room the astromech droid let them know they were gonna get the ship airborne and to the nearest medical center. When Takumi spoke up some Cyran couldn’t even blame him for this change of heart. He wasn’t entirely sure how to respond to it. Since this was largely his own idea and giving him more doubts on whether or not mentoring was something he really should be doing.

Cyran pulled up a small crate next to the bed and sat himself down onto it, all the while R4-P4 was starting to get the ship off the ground to get Takumi to the emergency room. “I guess we’ll see, there’s plenty of good hunters that don’t make use of aerial maneuvering.” He said, sort of trying to reassure him that it wasn’t a career defining trait for them. Though was rather saddened at the prospect of his apprentice imposing such a limitation on himself and possibly hindering some of their potential.

Takumi Tikotzki

Lothal

Ed7I9uxXkAA1hZA.jpg

Takumi nodded slowly. With bear eyes, Cyran could witness already, his small injuries closing and healing rapidly, while on the other hand, his worse injuries still remained there. "Don't we have some booze lying 'round here?" Takumi asked. He thought it would ease the pain maybe he felt. Eventhough the adrenalin put out some chemicals in his body to counteract, he still felt the pain.

He quickly looked around, listening to Cyran. "I appreciate you not giving up one me....I feel like I gave up already a hundred times" he said and sighed strongly after he was done talking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom