Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ray Shield Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
Ray Shield Grenade

halo-3-20070810021015395.jpg

Image source: bungie studios, http://www.editinternational.com/images/gallery/08-detonators_low.jpg%5D IGN
Intent: to create a cool gadget to be sold and used by the red ravens.
Development Thread: NA
Model: NA
Affiliation: Red Ravens/Open Market
Manufacturer: Red Ravens, Stargo Defense Enterprises
Modularity: No
Production: Mass
Material: Miniature Ray Shield Generator, Durasteel

Description:

Too many close calls? Explosives tearing off your valuable limbs? Well fix that today with the Ray Shield Grenade or RSG today. The simple tool is easy to use, user friendly, durable, and will protect you in the most hazardous of conditions.

The RSG is a easy to use device that has a three step deployment process. Simply flick the cap and push the big shiny red button on the top. Once that is done you have about two seconds to place the generator down at about a foot or two away from you, now this is the important part. If the grenade goes off in your hand the ray shield will take your hand off.

shield.gif

Once the generator is deployed and activated the ray shield snaps in front of you in almost a full dome of protection about three meters around that is shown bellow.

10263.png

This shield will only last three to five seconds so make them count. The ray shield is capable of blocking explosions from thermal detonators (but not the shrapnel) blaster fire, lightsabers, and can absorb and disperse heat from fire. But larger attacks such as blaster canons and turbo lasers will make short work of it. Furthermore do not try to block ion based attacks as they will shred through the shield like a hot knife through butter.

EMPs will render these grenades worthless and make them nothing more than a expensive paperweight. In short keep these grenades away from ion bases weaponry and they will perform for you, and before any operator gets this confused. This is not a personal shielding device, once thrown it will only block or disperse for three to five seconds before vanishing.

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"]
Missiles and any physical objects will also pass directly through this, as ray shields are only capable of protecting against blasters, energy-based weaponry, and so on. I suggest that you keep that in mind.

Miss Blonde

[member="Silara"]

Do you think it's possible to have a layered shield such as Ray on top and Particle on the bottom or should I just scratch physical projectiles out of it completely?

Patricia Susan Garter said:
[member="Silara"]

Do you think it's possible to have a layered shield such as Ray on top and Particle on the bottom or should I just scratch physical projectiles out of it completely?
If you want to go that route I'd suggest simply submitting a particle shield generator in the same manner as this.

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

This is a cool idea and different enough from...well other Sci-Fi things that its fine, however what you're essentially creating is a tiny tiny shield generator and i think something like that would need a lot of work.

As such, please do a 10 post Dev thread for the development of such a small Shield Generator :)

Miss Blonde

[member="Soliael Talith"]

I do believe that this technology is already canon. Such as the personal energy shield. These grenades are roughly the same size if not a few inches smaller. The only difference between them is that these will not stay active and only block the immediate threat. As for a shield generator canonly speaking would stay active. So development wise all scientists would need to do is take a standard personal energy shield device, gut it, remove most of it's power source so it only works for three to five seconds, then recast it in a grenade form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom