Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Raven Support Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
ship_concept_by_trinitydigitaldesign-d63dr3e.jpg

Image Source: Sci Fi Battleship Battleship/destroyer? galleryhip.com
Affiliation: Red Ravens
Manufacturer: Ticon Defense Industries
Model: Frigate
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Quadanium, Durasteel.
Classification: Frigate
Length: 400m
Width: 60m
Height: 166
Armament:

10x Dual Heavy Turbolasers

12x Point Defense Lasers

24x Fighters

Hangar: 24x Fighters total, 2 squads of twelve

Special Features: None

Maneuverability Rating: 13
Speed Rating: 11
Hyperdrive Class: 4

Strengths:
+ Balanced weapons
+Starfighter capacity

Weaknesses:

-Average to slower speed.
-No missiles

Description:

Alot of the Ravens ships are old and outdated. Ticon Defense Industries set out to fix this by creating a warfrigate that was as as balanced as possible. With the need for a fleet beginning to mount they wanted to create vessels that could come to bear with fire-power, fighters and still defend themselves or other vessels.

Thus the Raven support frigate was born. A mix of fire-power and fighters it can hold it's own in a fight and launch a sizeable force to strike enemy targets.

Development Thread: None
Intent: To create a balanced frigate that can be used for fleet operations.
Who Can Use This: Red Ravens

[member="Colap Ticon"]
As it stands you have far too many squadron counts and armaments, and your company producing large amounts of ships of this size at its current tier is unfeasible as far as logistics goes.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon
Starwars Chaos

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
  • Reduce Armaments considerably
  • Reduce Hangar Count to 1-2 squadron counts. Max 2
  • Reduce Production to Limited or below.
WITH DEV THREADS
  • Ten post minimum quality development thread in order to justify maintaining minor production of this ship, this can be a contract for example.
  • Reduce Armaments considerably
  • Reduce Hangar Count to 1-2 squadron counts. Max 2
SUGGESTIONS
  • N/A

[member="Colap Ticon"]
I suppose it entirely depends on the shipyards size, functions, and so on.

As for your armaments, 80 capital guns and 20 defensive guns on a frigate is still an obscenely large amount. (Heavy Dual Turbolasers = x4)
Look over the ships I have linked that are Chaos Canon for a better idea of what would be considered acceptable, as I cannot accept these many capital guns on this size of a ship.

[member="Colap Ticon"]
It appears to be acceptable now. You mentioned that you were going to obtain a development thread for the production?

[member="Darth Vitium"]

If you would definitely require one then absolutely,

If it was limited however, how many of these could be fielded in our fleet? I take it no more than say twenty total across the fleet?

[member="Colap Ticon"]
Limited production means it is produced in a limited quantity for a specific group. I'm not an expert on fleeting, so that doesn't sound all that bad to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom