Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ra's Blade Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: None

Intent: To make a powerful enhancement for the average sword..
Development Thread: If needed...
Manufacturer: Merr-Sonn, Inc
Model: The Ra Blade Edge
Affiliation: Open (PC) Market
Modularity: None
Production: Mass

Material: Titanium

Strengths:
  • [ Monofilament Edge ] - Thanks to the assistance of Merr-Sonn workers, in their drives to make the best weapons, they located a type of filament so thin it was able to cut basically any/everything. This is the same style, save made to fit into the edges of a bladed weapon
Weaknesses:
  • [ Weak ] - Even with most blades honed before installation so as to fit it perfectly in the edge, there is simply not enough to outright protect the filament. Should it meet with flesh, cloth, or basically any weak thing, it slices like a hot knife through butter, but against the harder substances it breaks within a short time, requiring a replacement
  • [ Self Harm ] - Against an enemy using a medium armor, this filament is superb - meaning, the user must be absolutely the most careful one can be, else risking fatal dangers
Description: Through the donation of Beskar left over from the proper honing of her Beskar'gam, Adriel worked with the Merr-Sonn, Inc. men to make a powerful weapon as is their main goals recently. At first the idea of a Beskar blade sounded proper, yet advice from Adriel's father, previous owner, and teacher of 95% of the skills utilized by the factories workers, Fos told that no it was not. To use Beskar as such was imbecilic, he put bluntly, the heavier metal is meant for the likes of clubs and bashing weapons. Something with finesse simply was necessary in most circumstances, and this simply wouldn't bear it.

Next came the search. Before long, through the luck ever present for this growing company, men returned with the printed word: monofilament wire. It took much work and tragic error, but eventually it was reproduced. To which Valashu was happy, as this could them be reimagined in a separate fashion. But it was figured that Beskar would be to hard to work wjth, so they went with Titanium.

Taking a monofilament edging, the craftsman sand a proper canal into the razor of a sword, installing it until it appears simply a thinly colored line at the tip where it once had not. Along this line comes the addition of military grade adhesives that need a solvent to break the seal, that way upon the fracturing of the filament, it can be replaced.

Skin, muscle, bone, cloth, armorweave, even light to medium armors; if hit, this sword cuts heavily. In the roleplay sense, it is not an immediate victory, nor insta-kill, however if a strike takes place, it should not be shrugged off. Against specialty items, such as imbued, Phrik, Songsteel, or like materials, it is more difficult even if a light armor - but it can be done.

In other words, this sword attempts to make the average blade cut like a lightsaber.

Primary Source: Monofilament Wire

Note: This edge is able to cut through up to medium armor ease

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Tempist said:
Image Source: Intent:
Please fill out both of these areas. It's all right to put something like "N/A" for the Image source if you're not using an image.

Tempist said:
Development Thread: Beskar'gam Forging
Most of this thread seems to be about Celiana making her armor. If you would like, I can count your 3 posts towards development of this item, but I'll need either more posts in that thread or in another thread to make this, especially at semi-unique production.

I think that this may conceptually be best related to a monomolecular blade rather than a monafilament fiber. It's worth noting that "Mono-molecular edge" is a weapons upgrade in the Fantasy Flight Game's Star Wars RPG, but it's not quite the buff that you've got going on here.

Tempist said:
it was able to cut basically any/everything.

Tempist said:
[ Beskar Made, Beats Beskar ] - Being Beskar Monofilament, the edges of blades utilizing it are able to devastate Beskar specially
Weapons that beat restricted materials generally need a lot of work. One lightsaber that was designed specifically to beat beskar had around 100 posts of development and some significant drawbacks to its use. I would expect at least 50 posts for feature, quite possibly more depending on just how good this is at breaking through beskar armor and its other drawbacks.

Tempist said:
Skin, muscle, bone, cloth, armorweave, even light to medium armors; if hit, this sword cuts heavily. In the roleplay sense, it is not an immediate victory, nor insta-kill, however if a strike takes place, it should not be shrugged off. Against specialty items, such as imbued, Phrik, Songsteel, or like materials, it is more difficult even if a light armor - but it can be done.

Tempist said:
Note: This edge is able to cut through up to Class 7 armors (up to Class 8 Beskar) with relative ease, but as with everything, it is a requirement that opponents take the hit - it is by no variation an auto hitter. Nor is it automatically fatal - the opponent could simply state they began to be cut and moved quickly, hardly taking more than a paper cut. It is their prerogative.

These parts will need some rephrasing. Ultimately, your opponent will be the one writing how effective this weapon enhancement is. I would suggest using phrasing like "designed to cut through medium armors" or "may cut through instantaneously".

[member="Gir Quee"]

The Dev was about celiana, yes, but also about everyone coming together to make armors of their own style as far as I am aware. I only posted the three because they weren't replying. That being said, I can do more - about what are we looking for on that?

Huh. Never heard of that game, is it good? Lol I might get into it if I get the time and a good recommendation. Honestly I got the idea for this upon seeing an image that had a sword edge filed inward until it was a valley, making two slicing points. From there I was like huh, I could fit something in that valley. Originally was going to do a lightsaber beam, but chose otherwise.

Not attempting to argue, but from what I have always been taught, via real metallurgistic studies, Jorus, and other FJs, a like material has a high chance of beating a like material. That was all this meant. Of course I had no intentions of a person running about in Class 10 being cut in a single swing.

More so that restricted are said to be the highest grades of metal, that even a thin sheet is more durable. Hence, a thin sheet finding this edge dangerous. A thick sheet? Like hitting it with a sharp knife of like metal. It can cut. Doesn't mean it will. If more dev for this is necessary, I might be able to slide that in, but admittedly will probably remove it until a later time.

Tempist said:
The Dev was about celiana, yes, but also about everyone coming together to make armors of their own style as far as I am aware. I only posted the three because they weren't replying. That being said, I can do more - about what are we looking for on that?
For the beskar, about 10 posts.

Tempist said:
Huh. Never heard of that game, is it good? Lol I might get into it if I get the time and a good recommendation.
Never played it. I've gone through some of the material just for the lore inside it.

Tempist said:
Not attempting to argue, but from what I have always been taught, via real metallurgistic studies, Jorus, and other FJs, a like material has a high chance of beating a like material. That was all this meant. Of course I had no intentions of a person running about in Class 10 being cut in a single swing.
I would agree that a denser material has a better chance of cutting through a dense material. There's a couple of other factors that can into this, but the science is really not the issue with this submission.

This is an issue with the submission's power.

If you wish to do less development, this enhancement's power can be lowered to being better than normal at cutting through things, but it won't be cutting through everything like butter.

Ok, say I remove the enhancement to Beskar, could I keep it at a Class 6 cuter? Ie, Beskar filament that is super sharp and able to cut, but not Heavy armor with no real boost against its parent ore?

[member="Gir Quee"]

Tempist said:
Ok, say I remove the enhancement to Beskar, could I keep it at a Class 6 cuter? Ie, Beskar filament that is super sharp and able to cut, but not Heavy armor with no real boost against its parent ore?
Definitely doable, though I wouldn't use things like specific classes. I would instead rephrase that as "typically effective at cutting through medium armors". You're going to find some individual armors that because of their nature, are specifically designed to be more effective at protecting against cutting attacks.

Matreya

Sounds much more what I wanted, and doable. I'll jump to the dev tonight. Or today. Whichever haha.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Poodoo. My phone showed me as signed in as Tempist. Apologies.

[member="Valashu Elahad"] [member="Gir Quee"]
I am archiving this submission until the development is completed. Please PM myself or another Admin or RPJ to have this pulled out of the archives.

Tempist said:
This edge is able to cut through up to medium armor ease, but as with everything, it is a requirement that opponents take the hit
I'd change this to the following:

The edge is capable of cutting up through medium armor
I understand that it's frustrating when people don't take hits like you think they should; I've been there. But a submission cannot dictate or require an enemy to take a hit. It can only suggest, and I emphasize suggest, what it is normally capable of.

Matreya

No, no, that was the note! By stating that, it was my means of saying, "I don't care how powerful it is, you cannot auto hit someone. The cutting power sucks if it doesn't get accepted."

My note by no means signalled someone had to do anything!

But, I will still edit.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Edit:

I really need to reload next time. Second time I am posting under the wrong account! Very sorry about that!

But I removed the rest as you recommended! As well, now with no limited material, I bumped it to Mass. What are your thoughts on that?

[member="Valashu Elahad"], things which are alchemized typically aren't mass-produced.

If you remove the reference to the alchemy portion, since a similar technology doesexist canonically, I'll stamp this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom