Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raising a God

Cedric Dorn

C
A crowd stood within the great city of Exocron. Light seemed to be shinning down upon the center of the crowd and a figure stood within the wave of people. The figure stood within the center of the crowd, with people watching and staring at him. Every once in a while the figure would motion to someone in the crowd and they would step forward. Once the man in the crowd came closer the figure was revealed, it was the god, Neth.

Neth the Keeper stood within a crowd of thousands, his veins seemed to stand out from his body. His muscles were flexed and sweat was dripping from his brow. He hardly seemed to be a god at the moment, and yet as soon as one of the members of the crowd came close they seemed in awe of him. The man that had just stepped forward was a meager peasant, his right hand ended in a stump and scars lined every corner of his body.

Neth's arms glowed with a bright red aura, the darkside circling his palm. He reached out slowly to the man that had stepped forward. The follower of Moross knelt upon the ground, and Neth touched his forehead.

The instant he did a surge of power went from the god to the man on the floor. The mans veins popped from his own body, his muscles tightened, and a mark appeared upon his forehead. It was the mark of Moross. Then suddenly the mans arm began to regrow. His muscle and flesh knit itself in place, bone formed and his arm became whole once again.

The crowd roared with joy as the man became whole again, his arm regrowing and his scars disappearing. They cheered for their God, praising his strength and kindness.

Lilian Silvas

L
Young bold, and bright Lilian had been presented with a wonderful gift from her parents upon her graduation from school. Now eighteen and of age, her family thought it time for her to spread her wings and get to know the galaxy in which she was to life in. To truly know what life was like beyond Corellia. Lilian had been so sheltered and protected growing up that she never dreamed she'd get the chance to leave the picturesque world behind and see the galaxy.

Lili and her friends had come to Exocron. There had been rumors on the last planet they visited. A place of some grandiose religion where miracles were preformed on the streets and people basked in the light of the gods. Being somewhat unbelieving in things of that nature, the four girls giggled incessantly at it, but Lilian prodded them anyway. Her curiosity to see what such fuss was over pulled at her. Something inside her was drawing her to this world and she knew in her heart she had to answer the call. Even if her friends did not understand why.

"Let's go drinking!" One of the girls spoke in the hotel.

The other young ladies seemed quick to agree, but Lili never was much for getting drunk. Never liked the way it made her feel. So she waved them on.

"You guys go on without me, there's something I want to see." The other three soon took off without her, leaving Lilian in the hotel alone.

Going to the window, she drew open the curtains and peered out onto the streets. Even now she could feel the pull more firmly within herself. For what she was feeling, the young woman did not understand. No, Lilian had not a clue that the force was the mysterious pull on her heart and her mind. The force drawing her to another equally powerful being.

With a sigh, she grabbed a small day bag putting in it her most important belongings, things she didn't wish to leave behind in the hotel. Something told her she would not be returning. Oddly enough the thought did not bother her. Everything screamed to her that she was on the right path, the one the galaxy had chosen as her destiny.

As she left the hotel, a cheering crowd could be heard in the distance, and Lili slowly but surely followed the noise. Her curiousness drawing her in, the force being firm in it's guiding hand helped encourage her along the way. Finally the young redhead came into the square. Moving through the crowd she worked herself close to the front, and watched in awe as the being there, literally before her eyes regenerated a man's arm. The scars rapidly fading away and once more the man became whole. She glanced to her own foot. Beneath the shoe, hidden by her socks, an old injury was there. It was an accident as a child left her without two toes. Merely cosmetic in the scheme of things but they still did ache and bother her from time to time. I wonder ...

For now the little redhead only watched, her eyes focused on the man these people seemed to call their god. They cheered for him, seemed to love him in every way. In ways she did not understand. Religion was not something she was brought up in and always seemed the strangest thing. But here, this was real, this was tangible. It was something she could reach out and touch and that alone intrigued her.

Cedric Dorn

C
Neth did not stop his parade of healing, he had no time to stop. He had the strength to go on, and so he would. It was simple for him, heal one man there, make another stronger there. All would see what Moross had to offer, all would see what their god could do. Of course with this much power he could just as easily kill them all in the blink of an eye, but that thought did not even cross his mind. To Neth this was about gathering worshipers, bringing his followers together and uniting them beneath his banner.

The reason for this was simple, the more followers that joined Moross, the more powerful Neth became. He drew strength from them. Their praise, their hope, their misguided prayers, they fell to him like music on ears. He drew the darkside from them, from their words, and from their sacrifice. With each passing day more people joined Moross, and with each passing day Neth became more powerful. Of course Neth was nothing but a cover, a lie told to billions of people. Neth was Soliael Devin Talith, a man that some had called a God even before the creation of Moross.

His line was great, his legacy drew from two of the most powerful force users the galaxy had ever seen and that had brought him here. It had brought him to godhood.

Another man walked up to Soliael, this one perfectly whole. He stood before the God and bowed his head, his voice broke the silent chatter of the crowd, it was almost pleading in nature. “Neth. I wish to serve you.”

It was all the man could say before Soliael raised his hand to halt the man. The False God simply smiled and extended his hand towards the man. The sickly read glow returned to Soliaels palm as the hand moved forward and finally touched the man. This time something different happened, the man did not heal, his muscles did not flex and his veins did not appear beneath the surface of his skin. Instead he shifted entirely.

His muscle structure changed, his arms shifted, and he became more lankey and lean. He became tall and alien looking, though still humanoid. It was only a second, and then the man became something else...he became a Keeper. The creature nodded its head at Soliael, and then turned about. It walked into the crowd and left, heading directly towards the Moross Archives.

Slowly Soliael turned around, welcoming whoever would come to him next.

Lilian Silvas

L
In all of this Lilian seemed in awe of the being called Neth. Never before had she seen such actions. Never before had she watched someone give so much of themselves to others. Slowly she moved forward, closer to him. Her eyes keen to listen to every word spoken. She seemed almost entranced by him, by the actions of those in the crowd. As Neth started to transform the man before her. Lilian gasped as he shifted into something alien, something she did not understand. Here now, she was close enough to be heard with ease, just feet to his left. "What in the worlds...." She did not understand but she wanted to.

Finally she came forward, brave enough to stand before this 'god among men'. Her eyes locked with his, bolder than she'd ever been in her life. The force surrounded her, seemed to be the very essence of her being. Sweet, innocence and a gentleness stood firm in her presence in the force. Something about her hinted of untold strength, mighty power within, but all untapped. The girl knew not what she was. "I don't know you ... but I want to." She spoke softly.

"Never before have I met a being such as you ... You, intrigue me." Part of her very much wanted to kneel down, take her shoe off and see if he could take away the wound from her that she'd very much hidden for so many years. But she didn't. Not yet. "I've traveled long and far to get here, drawn but something I don't understand. Perhaps you have time for me?" So much desire wrapped in her request, this being she very much wanted to know of, needed to know. Everything seemed to have drawn her to this place, to him. She would not leave without an answer. Would not leave if she was denied.

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael looked at the girl for some time, he stared at her and as he did silence completely fell upon the crowd. No one said a word. No one had ever dared to be so forward with one of the Gods. Soliael couldn't help but like it, slowly his orange eyes drifted upwards to meet Lilians own. The striking black line that drifted across Soliaels left eye as he met Lilian's gaze was something that only the two of them would notice. She would see the line across his faded orange eyes, and Soliael would see her face blur for only a second.

Then they would be standing elsewhere.

To Lilian it would appear as the two of them had been transported thousands of miles away to a pit of complete darkness. Nothing and no one stood between the two of them, the massive crowd of thousands was gone and the sun overhead had disappeared. There was nothing but blackness, though both of them were perfectly illuminated. The two figures stood alone in the darkness, Soliael still staring at the woman.

Of course the two actually hadn't even moved an inch. Soliael had used a combination of Sith illusion, magic, and telepathy to invade Lilians mind and create this little plane of existence. Here they could speak for hours, and only a second would pass within the real world.

“I always have time.” Soliael said, his words cryptic.

Lilian Silvas

L
@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

Lilian blinked, only blinked completely surprised at the shift. She glanced around trying to figure out exactly what had happened. The shift, plain as day, and the pull so strong. She was supposed to be here. "What is this place?" She asked in awe of all he had done thus far.

She shook her head slowly for she had questions. Things that needed to be answered. "I've been traveling, for a while now. But everything pulled me to this place, this moment. I cannot deny that a power greater than I has played some small part." Boldly she met his gaze, "For I just wonder why the universe deems it so important. Why now?" She wondered aloud, ramblings of a young teenager who didn't quite understand. Who did not know what she was.

"I want to know you. But I suppose I should start at the beginning, something simple. Who and what are you?"

Cedric Dorn

C
“My, you do ask quite a lot of questions.” It was a simple response to the questions she had asked, and for a few minutes he said absolutely nothing. He studied the girl, looking her over and getting a feel for who and what she was. She felt she had been guided here, she felt she had been brought here by something. Soliael guessed it was the force, she was strong within it he could sense that much.

He frowned, trying to gauge what she wanted. As far as he knew he had never met this woman before, nor had he seen her or even sensed her. Yet she was apparently drawn to him, taken to him like a bee to a flower. Soliael was by no means an expert in the force, he was still a student himself in some things. There was something wrong, he could feel it. Finally he spoke, his words were even and calm.

“I am a man. Masquerading as a god.” He told the truth of the lie that was Moross, and he knew she would accept it. “I am that which millions pray to, and billions worship.”

All simple answers, and all truth.

Lilian Silvas

L
She bowed her head quickly. "I do that when I'm nervous, sorry." She apologized quickly.

The girl seemed stunned, silence for a moment, "Masquerading as a god?" She seemed baffled, "But you've done so many great things. The people out there, they worship you in every way, believe in you. To them, you are a god." Her voice soft, but confusion hung in the air.

"If you are not a god, then what are you? Clearly you have some power of some kind? Or is it all just an illusion? A lie." Her words firmer, strong. Lilian's confidence was growing more so by the minute in this strange place just for the two of them. "What real power do you hold?"

Cedric Dorn

C
“I hold the power of the force, and it is not an illusion.” Soliael spoke calmly to Lilian, there was no hint of him trying to convince her of something or anything of the sort. He spoke as if what he said was something he truly believed in. His words were warm and inviting, it was like a snake wrapping itself around Lilian herself, slowly constricting and taking a hold of her. “I serve my people. I heal them, I bring them together, and I give them purpose.”

This was all true. Moross brought billions together, it guided them and sought to give them better lives, and it did. Many under Moross had become better people, they had thrived and become something new and better. Moross was something grand, although it was of course a lie. Soliael and Ithari used it to gain power for their own means, though he left that part out.

Slowly he regarded her. “I lie, but I do it for their own good. I use my ability within the force to serve them, to guide them, and protect them. You can do the same.”

Lilian Silvas

L
Lilian frowned a little. "The force? That ... stuff of myth that parents tell their children stories of at bedtime. Of Sith, to frighten them into behaving?" She truly was naive in that regard knowing nothing of what the force was, or that its practitioners were quite real.

For a moment, her eyes just seemed to search him, curiosity so evident in those soft green eyes as she looked him over, almost as if she could see through him in every way. Something told her again that she should be here, this was the path for her.

A nod came in reply. "How so? I don't have the same gifts you do. I don't have that kind of power." Clearly the girl did not know what she was. Did not know the power within. The same power that pulled her to him. "I want to help, to make a difference, I do ... But I'm not like you." A bit of shame so clear in her tone, she felt she was lesser than he. Unaware of her potential, of the untapped power source that no know had discovered until today.

Cedric Dorn

C
“No. Not like me.” His words were cryptic again, and then slowly he began to walk towards her. Within the void his steps were not audible. There was no sound as his boots struck what appeared to be nothing, yet with each step waves rushed out as if he was walking on the surface of water. In seconds he closed the distance between himself and Lilan, and then he simply raised his palm. He was asking for her own hand, begging for it.

There was no hint of malice in his eyes, no ill intent. Soliaels gaze seemed to denote that she was perfectly alright with him and that she would come to no harm. He had a calm effect on most people, and he hoped that he would have one on her as well.

“Let me show you, what you can do.” It seemed he would not be straightforward today. Instead he simply waited for her hand, the force welling up inside of him.

Lilian Silvas

L
She truly didn't understand. Some things he spoke of made sense, others too vague for her to figure out entirely. It left her wondering, and above all else curious. A dangerous trait if ever there was one. Her eyes searched him, a small bit of fear written in them as he approached step by step. Something was pulling at her mind, things she didn't understand.

For a moment she stood there looking into his eyes. "What I can do." She asked softly but something about her tone spoke volumes that it was no question, just a wondering curiosity as was her nature. Timidly she reached out her delicate hand, not a single scar upon it, she so young so frail in so many ways but within her heart her true strength lay, one such strength that the girl had little clue of. The force raced through her veins in such a great number. If trained the woman would be incredibly powerful, if trained. After steeling her nerves, feeling the heavy pull from what she did not exactly know, Lilian reached out her hand, allowing for him to take it into his.

However, there was one final thing she needed to know. "I do not even know your name, and I suspect you are about to take me somewhere else, some place ... to show me all of this. And .. I don't even know your name."

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael stared into the ones eyes, the iris' of his own were a pale orange. There was a glow to them, a hint of a bright shine that no one could really describe. Staring into his eyes was like watching a solar flare. Something burst from them, they were almost hypnotic in nature. For a few seconds he did not answer her, he did not speak, and then their hands touched. Something happened, the force that had been building up within the Sith burst forth like a dam had been broken, and his captivating almost star like eyes shifted.

“Its Soliaal.” As he told her his name four black lines crossed the iris of his left eye, obscuring the bright orange sun of his iris for only a split second.

Then everything around the void change. What could only be described as Raw information passed between them. Knowledge that was nearly two centuries old flooded into Lilian. The founding of Moross, the use of the Force, the difference between the Sith and Jedi. Everything that Soliael had learned, and everything that he wanted to share with her. She would understand it all. She wouldn't quite comprehend, but she would learn the gist of everything.

It would be sudden and shocking, perhaps even painful, but it was the most direct method. Soliael used Sith Magic to drive his memories into her own, to build her into something that he needed. The Sith smirked throughout this as images and memories flashed all around them.

She would be so much more, if she survived.

Lilian Silvas

L
Lilian wanted to take a step back seeing the changes in him, being afraid of what was happening but something about it, she could not look away. She could not seem to move. Her mind wanted to but her body wasn't listening. He seemed to hold some sway over her, that she wasn't quite fully aware of, but none the less it was there.

Possibly painful was perhaps a huge understatement. As the dam broken and the tidal wave was unleashed upon her, at first the girl weathered the onslaught of memories, images, knowledges well but quickly it grew to a painful level, horribly painful. For such a sheltered girl, such pain of this nature she'd never known.

She struggled to try and pull her hand free and she began to scream. Her free hand reaching up, clutching at her head. It was too much too fast and Lili, she wanted nothing more than for it to end. "Stop!" The redhead managed between screams.

Try as she might, she couldn't seem to free herself from his grasp and the painful tidal wave of knowledge and memories, and images still poured over her. The girl's knees buckled beneath her, forcing her to collapse to the floor, but still she couldn't get her hand away from him, away from what was being done to her. "Why?!" She screamed, panting, tears streaming down her face, "Why are you doing this?!" Demanding it of him, despite the pain still radiating through her.

Nearing the end, or so she hoped she whimpered softly, feeling incredible weakened by the mental attack. "Please ... stop." It might not exactly have been so, but it certainly felt it to the young girl who understood nothing of the force, nothing of what she was, but his memories with hers .. She finally knew she was a force user, and a powerful one at that.

The poor girl felt like she could scarcely hold her body up at this point, wanting very much to lie down in a corner somewhere and cry for the pains. Cry for the innocence lost in such a short period of time. No longer could Lilian claim to be naive. Not at all.

Cedric Dorn

C
To Lilian it must have seemed like hours passed by, like days, and perhaps even months of time passed between them. In reality of course it was not even half a second. As soon as Lilian touched his hand the connection was near instantaneous, and as soon as she dropped to the floor it was all over. His memories, his knowledge, everything he wanted to share with her was now in her mind. She would have to sift through it of course, but it was there.

After a few more seconds Soliael slowly released her palm. There was still no malice or evil intent in his eyes, simply a look of understanding. He had felt pain before of course, and he knew that this had probably been on the painful side.

There was however nothing he could have done about that particular fact. It was the only way he knew how to transfer the knowledge without it taking years and years. Slowly Soliael looked down at the girl, knowing that she would likely be in much pain. Of course this was just her mind, her body was in fact fine, still standing amongst the crowd back on Exocron. Finally after what seemed like another age of time Soliael spoke.

“Knowledge is everything. It is something I cultivate. It is something I am worshiped for.” He paused for a few seconds. “It is everything I am.”

As she searched through her new memories Lilian would find that he was speaking the truth.

Lilian Silvas

L
Lilian sat upon the ground for sometime in shock. Complete and utter shock, now sharing his memories on top of her own, a strange sensation for sure. One she couldn't yet wrap her mind around. Her mind still ached badly, her body in this realm so weak unable to stand if she'd wanted to. As he spoke she shifted through what he'd given her, her mind still so sore, but she knew he spoke the truth. "I Believe you." She said softly, finally coming to understand him, this religion, this place. It was all starting to make sense as she shifted through the memories, the pure knowledge.

Then she had to ask, "What is my role in all of this? You wouldn't have done that ... Given me that knowledge, if not for a reason. What is my role here?"

Her mind so tired, she did want this to be over with. "Is there somewhere I may go, to rest? I don't think I'll be going home again." Strangely enough, not a through that bothered her. She could feel in her heart that she belonged here. After all the force had drawn her here for a reason.

Cedric Dorn

C
“You will be a god.” Soliael said it as thought it were the most simple thing in the entire world. Like achieving godhood was little more than taking another step. Perhaps to him it really was that easy, to earn the worship and the following of billions, to be so beloved by untold numbers of peoples. He was a Talith, and above all that meant he had a divine right to rule. Or so his father had always believed. The thought make him smirk slightly and with an expression of utter calm he finally released the illusion that had bound them within the void.

With only a second having past in the waking world both Lilian and Soliael would find themselves once again standing in the courtyard of Exocron. Hundreds of people were standing all around them. Soliael himself still stood as a God.

His eyes shifted once again, a fifth black lining crossing his iris for only a split second before he finally regarded her in the waking world. He pointed to two of the Crusader Guards standing near the edge of the crowd, both loyal soldiers of Moross. “Take her back to the temple. See she gets everything she needs.”

There was a calm in his voice, as if he had just finished a puzzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom