Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Raise your Blades

The movements were clam.... calculated as her body reached outwards with the staff in her hand. The sleekness of Thessia: Blade of the Warmaster was something few saw as Sarianna had developed it to be the weapon of a weaponmaster. From the crystals within it that altered not just the blade properties but also the style. Able to activate a flickerphase and sickle crystal that would allow it to change things... duel phase and it could change from kimber making the blade harmless to ghostfire making it invisible. Sasori had developed the pieces but she used them as it complimented her Silverlight Robes were made to empower her abilities when she spun around. Letting the staff rotate around her body and extend with the telescopic pole of it into a saber pike before the blade activated.

Then came the snap-hiss as silver blades appeared with an orange core of the crystal deep within. THe jedi warmaster had opted to give two classes to different students at different times.. to improve her own skills but also hopefully have a whole new generation of jedi battlemasters or weaponmasters. The small grin on her face as the sash over the miraluka's eyes remained. Blonde-white hair all set up. Her sabers changed with the flick of a switch... as ther solid blades became whips and extended into several lashes. The dangerous nature of them allowed her to keep rotating the polearm and it was more like a massive net of saber blades sweeping across the room. She extended the saff into three sections as the power hummed letting her rotate and change to the kimber stone as the whips raked across the floor.

Sarianna moved finally where she was testing out more of it... allowing the whips to become a solid blade again on either side but the blades hooked into sickles... she could use them to catch and the blades only looked more like they could bend as she slashed. Training remotes around for them and training droids for the jedi who would come to the course that she hoped would allow them to get a really impressive skill set or at least some ideas of what could be done with a lightsaber if you wanted to specialize in that area of skill. She stopped and deactivate the saber sitting down as the blue robes gleamed with the force and she allowed herself to reach out... preparing herself and setting the saber in front of her as the interlocking sections connected into a solid saber hilt once again.

Vaux... felt so out of place right now. She looked around in her flight armor, keeping her helmet on, and the reason she was hear clipped to her belt. She slowly walked in.... Karking... of course.... She was first. She couldn't have just shown up a tad late or something to hide behind some padawans. Now she just hoped there wouldn't be some awkward questioning. She just walked in though, keeping her helmet on still and waiting near the back. She just wanted to learn how to use this trophy of hers. That would be easy right? Right...? This would be fun.

Sarianna Sarianna

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

The miraluka tilted her head up.. she didn't need to look but it could be unnerving to speak to a person and never turn your head.. also some thought it was insulting. She wasn't sure which this one would think when she spoke offering a place around. "Welcome." Her senses drifted sensing something but remained mostly focused on what area in front of her and around... letting her senses and body adjust and readjust to its reflexes being prepared for combat at any moment. "Hopefully others ahll join us... I was wanting to better improce some of our jedi's combat knowledge beyond just the standard forms and how to hold a lightsaber."

Vaux looked at the Jedi, noticing something slightly off about how she moved, but maybe it was her species. She welcomed the Mandalorian though, and walked through that this wasn’t going to be a basics class. Vaux wasn’t exactly sure if this was just information or a slight nudge that maybe she’d want to take a different class, but either way she shook her head a bit and removed her helmet finally.

“I’m not exactly a beginner. I may be better with a blaster, but my Buir (parent, father in this case) made sure I could at least handle myself up close.” She would slowly look around though while waiting for others. Hoping she wouldn’t be the only one there. If there were a bunch of Jedi around she could at least kind of hide in them, and not be front and cen…. She was a Mandalorian in a Jedi class. Kind of hard to avoid that, but she would’ve been more comfortable at least.

Sarianna Sarianna

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

She listened to her and nodded. "That is fine, blasters have their place." RIsing up as she straightened her clothing for a moment and walked forward. Clasping hands behind her back. "Since for now you seem to be my only student... I shall alter the course a little... we'll see what can help you." THe jedi master said it while she stood there offering a hand towards the circles around them to come forward. "Your skill with close quarters combat is something that can always be improved upon." She said it and gave her a chance to set the tone of the class a little... Sarianna preferred adapting for it but who knows she might be able to find something interesting that would attract others into the class.

Vaux gave the Jedi a curious look. She just seemed to roll with the punches, which wasn't something she usually attributed to the Force order. It did make her slightly more comfortable, but didn't take away the generally uneasiness that she was now the only student. It had been years, but she still didn't fully trust Jedi yet. The Master then noted that her CQC skills could always improved. Vaux nodded a bit, slowly unclipping the ornate lightsaber to show it.

"That's good to hear. Uh... in case you want to make sure I'm not going to kill myself with this or something. And... I'm Vaux, of Clan Gred."

Sarianna Sarianna

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

She nodded and looked at her as she heard the uncl.ipping. THe miraluka moving her head to give more an illusion of looking towards where she was indicating but spoke. "Well I can certainly see a resemblance with the rest of your clan." She said it and remained there letting ehr hand come out though to indicate. "But you should be fine, most have an adjustment knob on them. The power level and strength of the containment field works so yhou can have the blade for training purposes without slicing body parts off... unless that is your thing then who am I to judge." She said it but turned around. "I am Sarianna Misarr, Warmaster of the jedi."

Vaux smirked a bit at the remark. It was nice to hear her clan was known to say the least. Wait… could a Miraluka notice…. Oh…. Vaux laughed a little bit at this. She then looked for a nob, spying it as she looked at the... Warmaster? Well that was more and more of a surprise. Vaux seemed to ease up some at knowing this, but she would ignite the, showing Sarianna the flaring of the blade.

"I usually like to not be cut up in my training Warmaster," Vaux answered with a flare of sarcasm and a smirk. "But I don't know know what the heck happened with this thing, so I'm not sure if it would play nice." Vaux wasn't sure how the Jedi would react to the crimson blade, but she hoped it wouldn't be wanting to take it like the last Jedi who say it.

Sarianna Sarianna Aayla Shan Aayla Shan (Hehe)

Last edited:
Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

She looked at her a little curious. "NOrmally blades play as their wielder intends." She said it and moved around clasping her hands though free and behind her back. There was a smirk though on her face when she offered a hand for her to be able to hand it over. "The value of understanding your weapon is something you want to have... you aare mandalorian you understand this better then most." SHe said it but stood still for a moment. "Now lets start with the basics... tell me what you know about the lightsaber both general and this one specifically? It doesn't seem like you made it so you either took it from another through victory or found it yes? What was this being like?"

Vaux looked at the Warmaster as she noted that most blades act how their user wanted them too. Ok, the Mandalorian admitted she could be a bit chaotic when she fought on the ground, but that was more purposeful than just her being crazy or something. And she knew good and well she needed to understand her weapon. As such, Vaux thought back to that day, trying to come up with the right answer.

“Yeah. I didn’t. One of the first missions I had where jetii (Jedi) weren’t trying to kill me was helping free a jetii’ike (little Jedi, Padawan) from some Sith Cultists. They didn’t seem like the most… well equipped, but the one I took this from was barely hanging on before… well I don’t think a jetii would’ve taken the shot. Took this off him though.” That was the best Vaux could really answer. ”Haven’t cracked it open either.”

Sarianna Sarianna

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

"Well I do not recommend cracking the saber open. If you break the housing you could damage it or worse case scenario make it and the crystal inside explode. Losing a hand to an explosion is not always the best." SHe said it more serious but had listened to her story of how she had gotten the saber... "BUt as you do know where the saber came from it means you can respect it... the first step will need to be learning the kata's to be able to move and practice with it." She said it and stood there as she held her saber thessia in one hand and presented the blade back. "Find a combat stance that your are comfortable."

Vaux kind of figured messing with a lightsaber without knowing what you were doing was a bad, but she had seen her brother working on them before. Seems like being able to fix it without the Force would be a good thing to know, but she'd keep that to herself as the Warmaster continued to explain the need to learn katas. Osik this really was like being a kid again. Ok. A comfortable way to use hold it for combat. She adjusted the setting of the saber as best she could, though it's blade still flared around, loosing its energy from time to time. The Mandalorian then seemed to settle in more of a dagger fighting stance, something she was more use to. "I don't know if this is right, but..."

Sarianna Sarianna

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

Her hand went to the blade of her own and it collapssed into a shoto style hilt so she could mirror it being used like a dagger. "There is no wrong way... if that is how your fighting style goes then use it." She said it and shook out her hair with a nod of her head before she twirled it in her hand. She went into more of a stance for fighting with daggers and lowered her center of gravity but also could move on her feet. "JUst find a place you can do it and practice, best results come from daily training with the skills. That is how I was appointed to a weaponmaster within the order and thanks to Darron Wraith a battlemaster." Then well from making them a hybrid she with another master formed the notion of a warmaster in all of these wars and battles.. she could battle meditate or create a jedi network mentally on a battlefield to share their stamina and drive.

Vaux nodded a bit, taking some points from Sarianna's stance to adjust her own.

"Right. Just like piloting or shooting. There's going a natural, but training's still needed even then." Vaux mostly spoke from experience here. She'd always felt at home in a cockpit, but there was difference between being able to fly a starship, and really flying it to the bleeding edge. It was something she prided herself on, but even if she had a knack for it she had to hone those natural talents into true skill. "Thankfully, places to practice are easy to find on Tanaab. Not so much on starships though." It wasn't necessarily as much of an issue as she made it out to be, but it was something to think about. One thing was clear though. The usually rough and quiet around Jedi pilot was loosening up, and becoming more trusting in tone.

"So, what's the first kata?"

Sarianna Sarianna

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

She gave a nod and standing there moved after a moment. Her hand raising up and dlashing down diagonally from shoulder to waist in the air in front of herself. At the lowest moment the hilt of the blade rotating in her hand into a reverse grip and she brought it up to preform the same slash the opposite direction from shoulder to waist with fingers rotating the hilt of the saber to keep the slashes going. "The basics practice and build some strength to your strike but get comfortable with how your hold the blade. From either a normal grip or a reverse grip." She said it and continued to do it letting her movements be out fo the way of the other woman even with safety measures you still didn't play around with saber blades.

Vaux watched the warmaster move, trying to take in what she was doing. The Mandalorian held the blade in a normal grip, watching the flaring energy it had as she attempted to follow along with the kata. It was still weird. The scarlet blade had weight to it, though still lighter than other weapons she'd used. Especially beskar made weapons. She wasn't sure how well handling this would go, but it seemed to be... ok at least. As she went through the steps, Vaux looked over at Sarianna.

"So, if lightsabers turn on and shut off so easily, why do I never hear about Jedi or Sith just turning their blade off, then reigniting them?"

Sarianna Sarianna

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

She continued to use the kata but spoke. "The technique of trakata iss something you mgiht hear mentioned.. it is a tricky form to use with your blade. Much more focused on timing, I have built into my saber a flickerswitch so easier use of the technique but you can use it to penetrate and get around defenses if you are good but with most fighters they are just as trained as you and it doesn't work as easily. You'll usually hear about the successes." SHe said it more like a piece of advice and to imply that there were no masters of the form because using it was only good against those you could dominate skill and ability wise already.

Vaux tilted her head a bit, continuing to use the kata as she thought. Doesn't work as easily because of going against skill? Interesting. She still wondered though, as the Mandalorian added a flourish to one of the strikes.

"So, skill makes it difficult to pull off, but what if your opponent's underestimating you? I don't think it's exactly a secret that I'm not Force sensitive like you or my tat (sibling/brother). Maybe someone would be a bit too confident." In all honesty, while she'd always been confident enough to use the lightsaber as a backup, she was... she was actually worried about ever coming up against a Sith or Jedi or the like. She was a good pilot, and a good shot, but she knew she needed whatever edge she could get for a fight like that, if one ever came.

Sarianna Sarianna

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

"Skill can make it tricky, it I had you fight in a battle circle a fresh faced recruit would it be possible for you to hold back enough it looks like a fight without looking like you are taking it easy on him?" SHe was not entirely sure her example fit but trakata was something few did because the goal was to finish the fight fast enough or you needed to draw it out in case of distraction. "FOr most mandalorians I have met they are skilled without the force, some can use it and it makes for a beneficial tool in their already impressive arsenal... SOme of the mandalorians from Roanapour a village on Dxun have built their armor to combnat force users first and foremost so it is meant to get in close and have extra weapons while they engage in duels."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom