Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Raiders of the Lost Vault | EE Dominion of Verkuyl

Lori nodded to Adelle Bastiel Adelle Bastiel as she was given the go ahead. "When I say so, shut your eyes tight or cover them. This'll be very bright. Then we move."

She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. Time was of the essence here, especially with the Empire not far from them. Looking to the air in front of her, she focused on the particles within that space, pushing them with the Force and rotating them quickly. In no time a ball of light appeared and began to grow, a trick she had practiced a whole lot in her youth. Once it was a good enough size, she sent it towards the turret and the motion sensor that activated it. "Close them now!" Lori then caused the ball of light to explode after covering her eyes with her arm, flooding the entire passage with a bright white light. It lasted for a few seconds as Arla gripped both of their arms and pulled them through past the turret to the next safe zone.

The warning had been confusing until a light started forming in the air out of nothing and Adelle felt the Force. She turned her head and closed her eyes as the ball of light grew stronger; her eyes had gotten used to the darkness of the Vault and even in its dim stages, the light hurt. Her eyes seared with red as the light exploded and she fumbled to her feet to begin the sprint past the turret. A grip as strong as durasteel grabbed her wrist and nearly yanked her off her feet as it pulled her down the corridor and into a small alcove in the wall. She fell into the walls nearly headfirst, throwing her arms up to take the brunt of the impact. Anger and more than a bit of her old paranoia flared up inside her.

"Next time," she said hoarsely, "you let me run on my own. Kriffing Hells I hate being manhandled."

A couple deep breaths and she had regained control over herself although she still trembled from the adrenaline rush. She pulled her datapad out, the Vault's schematic still up on the screen. Now that power to the defense systems had been tripped, she would have to reconsider their route. Turrets wouldn't be the only defense active.

"We're here, right now. Well, give or take," she said. Her finger pointed to their location, still trembling a little. She shook her hands and then pressed a button, highlighting a line running through the complex. "The most direct route is now the most dangerous. We could take a longer path but that would increase our chances of engaging the Imperials."

She looked up at the Bakuran and her friend. "I've got a few toys and tricks, but I'm trying to save those for when we need them. How do you want to play this?"

Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Lori let Arla guide her. She was quite used to being led around. Having been the youngest in most situations and places, it was something that happened often. Yet she didn't expect Adelle Bastiel Adelle Bastiel to not like it so much. Maybe Arla gripped her too strongly. That was something that she'd have to watch.

But at least they made it.

She frowned slightly as her little plan didn't quite work as expected. "Sorry....I thought that would work...What other dangers are there? If we could get through without using your toys, that'd be best."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom