Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Radiant Dawn Phrik Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Empire_mine_shaft.jpg

Source: Empire Quartz Mine. http://www.quartzsitemineshaft.com/Empire_mine_shaft.jpg

Name: Radiant Dawn Mine

Intent: To make use of Seltos’ phrik reserves in a way which benefits the Republic and of course, Aurelia Saelari. Currently this facility is small, and it is understood that this does not give writers the ability to create Phrik mass produced items. It also furthers the agenda of Archangel, the secret string pullers behind Aurelia Saelari.

Classification: Phrik Mining Facility.

Affiliation: Saelari Mining & Minerals

Description: Since Phrik is not easy to extract, or present in vast amounts, this mining facility consists of several shafts and tunnels driven into a mountain. There are currently three shafts, but more are planned. These follow the veins of Phrikite ore through the mountain.

The facility also consists of a large camp and base with security checkpoints, sentries and a transmitter beacon. These defences are to try and protect against theft, but they are not extensive or strong enough to defend against an actual attack.

The work at the facility is carried out by 50 or so organics, mainly locals and employees from SMM, and by mining droids provided by Archangel. Since the work at the shaft-front is dangerous and difficult, the mining droids perform most of the actual mining, as well as the assaying and smelting. The organic workers oversee production and plan the direction of the shafts. Secretly Archangel has begun inserting HRDs into key roles with the intent of acquiring some Phrik for themselves, and to cut down on corruption.

Yield:
The mine is able to produce enough Phrik for unique tech submissions once payment is organised through the marketplace.
The mine is able to produce enough Phrik for semi-unique tech submissions with an additional development thread of 10 posts involving the exchange of the Phrik and refining of the ore as well as approval through the marketplace.
The mine is able to produce enough Phrik for limited tech subs no more than once every 6 months OOC or on completion of a mine expansion thread. This will require a development thread of 25 posts and must be approved through the marketplace.
Additionally, the facility can be raided, but little Phrik is stored on site, making only unique or semi-unique submissions possible via a raid (dependant on size and scale of raid).

History: Though known to have Phrik reserves, no systematic mining settlement had ever been setup on Seltos. Therefore, with herself back in a position of power in the Republic, and with help from her ‘friends’ at Archangel, Aurelia Saelari dispatched an expedition to Seltos to establish a mining facility.

The 400 years darkness had ruined Seltos, so the planet’s leaders were happy for any sort of involvement which would bring investment to the planet. Mining leases for SMM and the Republic were acquired very cheaply with the understanding that some of the money would trickle down to the locals. Whether this is true or not depends on how much one trusts the Saelari to give up money.

As the Saelari like to keep things in the family, Gordian Saelari was chosen to administer the facility. As neither imaginative enough to be capable of plotting, nor talented enough to be useful elsewhere, it was a perfect position for him. Whilst Aurelia knows and expects a small amount of embezzlement, she trusts Gordian to not go overboard.

Links: Development thread for mine creation.

[member="Aurelia Saelari"]

Scary primitive mining!

Your dev thread pans out. I'm sure you also know to do dev. threads for phrik, but it is my judgely duty to remind you.

Pending Secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom