Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship RAB-1 Matchbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
pmsc_raven_corvette_by_jepray-d4boct2.jpg
Image Source: http://jepray.deviantart.com/art/PMSC-Raven-Corvette-261476822
Affiliation: The Rebel Alliance
Manufacturer: Krasnie Drives
Model: RAB-1 Matchbox
Modularity: Astromech droid slot may be installed. Ballistic armaments are interchangeable.
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel and Alusteel hull; Transparisteel canopy
Classification: Strike Bomber
Length: 10.5 meters
Height: 2.6 meters
Width: 8.4 meters

Armament:

• 2 laser cannons

• twin rapid-fire light laser cannons

• 2 proton rockets

• 8 proton torpedoes OR 2 extra proton rockets
Squadron Count: 12

Special Features:

• Navigation system

• Hyperspace navicomputer

• Advanced HMD targeting/sensors system

• Distress beacon

• Standard life support system

• Heavy deflector shields

• Heavy shield plating

• Radiowave comms system

• Shortwave comms system

• Infrared beam comms system

• Radiowave communications jammer

• Shortwave communications jammer

• Chaff flares

• Ejector seat
Maneuverability Rating: 6
Speed Rating: 3
Hyperdrive Class: 1

Strengths:
Weaknesses:

• Rigid handling

• Wide target

• Requires two crewmen for full effectiveness
Description: With strike runs a main part of the Rebel Alliance Starfighter Corps’ itinerary, a bomber that could pace itself with the rest of the crowd was deemed necessary. The RAB-1 Matchbox was developed to accommodate for this, reminiscent of the old BTL Y-Wing in shape and role.

The Matchbox has high speed capabilities to enable it to run the gauntlet fast enough to unleash its payload before bugging out. Unfortunately, this comes at the cost of maneuverability, meaning that it is even more vulnerable in a dogfight than most bombers naturally are. Pilots often find the low handling to be frustrating if they are used to lighter craft. To compensate for this, a rear gunner slot was installed in the cockpit for manning a rapid-fire dual laser cannon turret, giving the pilot a little more peace of mind.

To help with targeting, spotting, and squadron coordination, the RAB-1 crews are equipped with HMD helmets that sync with the ship’s sensors and give an unlimited field of view. An optional astromech unit may be inserted into the rear hull for extra functionality and repair operations.

Development Thread: [N/A]
Intent: To create a baseline bomber for the Rebel Alliance.

[member="Krasnaya Xue"]

Uh oh, you've found my favourite ship artist. *starts submitting ships*

WITHOUT DEVELOPMENT:

Armament:

• 2 laser cannons

• 1 gunner-operated, turret-mounted, rapid-fire laser cannon

• 2 proton rockets
    8 proton torpedoes
Speed Rating: 3
Maneuverability Rating: 6

Please note bombers are usually in the 4-5 category for speed and manoeuvrability. The stats above will give you faster, yet slower to turn characteristics as described.

WITH DEVELOPMENT:

Let me know what you'd like, but I think the profile above hits where you're going with this sub and doesn't need dev.

SUGGESTIONS:

The description feels a bit light, I'm sure it could be expanded a little bit more? Maybe expand a bit on how it frustrates pilots with its awkward handling?

[member="Krasnaya Xue"] I'm not really sure what that is. Call them "twin light repeating laser cannons" and we'll assume it's about the same as a repeating laser cannon but matches the image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom