Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about NPC's

T'zanith Zebron said:
Can we have npc sith knights or lords teach skills? or perhaps npc's can teach other skills?

To my knowledge, you can create your own NPC to train you. It's considered self-training, and it works like any other self-training thread, ie., it's good form to put some story into it.

T'zanith Zebron said:
so theoretically I could make an Npc that every one could use, as a sort of instructor?

Hm, I'm not really sure about training others, and I'm hesitant to give out misinformation. What I would do is reach out to a Codex judge and ask him/her, or post the question up in the Codex Forums.

Also, if you do use an NPC to self-train, I would start with a smaller more common power and work your way up with several threads until you get to more powerful skills. Don't just go straight for Force Wormhole or Thought Bomb.

Sorry if I couldn't be more helpful!

Sage Bane said:
Hm, I'm not really sure about training others, and I'm hesitant to give out misinformation. What I would do is reach out to a Codex judge and ask him/her, or post the question up in the Codex Forums.

Also, if you do use an NPC to self-train, I would start with a smaller more common power and work your way up with several threads until you get to more powerful skills. Don't just go straight for Force Wormhole or Thought Bomb.

Sorry if I couldn't be more helpful!
I have always had the understanding you could NPC a Master to teach your character the lower level Acolyte to low Knight stuff and be largely ok. But restricted to teaching your character.

The huge stuff that is rare or ridiculously powerful though would garner some unwanted attention from the Overlords of Chaos.

[member="T'zanith Zebron"]

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, you will need to do a Dev Thread for the NPC, especially if you are seeking to make it a Master level NPC. When you work on your submission, be very detailed and thorough with it. I frequent the Codex and Factory area alot and I've seen other writers have thier submissions denied based on lack of details and such.

Also, while working on your dev thread and submission, it is a good idea to use your NPC in threads to show the activity of it. I'm not sure if you can write the forthcoming NPC as a Master....but you can write him in dialogue form with minor activity (fighting other NPCs) but just be wary not to abuse it.

[member="Darth Venefica"] @T'zanith Zebron [member="Reverance"] [member="Vengeance"]

My understanding is that, while it's always useful to have a submission for your NPC, the Codex is entirely optional.

Light Rises

L
I, Corey, the writer, not Dave, the voice of a generation, have used NPCs in the past to work out the training of characters. Put the leg work in, and you're fine, from how I've been.

That being said, like the Revanator states, with the big things, go careful, and dev the ever loving feth out of it.

#NeverForgetDave

If it's for basic training of acolyte or early knight-level skills, then a codex submission is not exactly necessary. However, if you intend to continue taking teaching from this phantom master until late knight and master level, then it may be worth subbing.

Just my two credits. <3

Aren't there just general holocrons as well within the sith archives? could that be used for self training as well?

[member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Darth Venefica"] [member="Sage Bane"] [member="NPCs by Corey"] [member="Reverance"] [member="Vengeance"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom